cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Open House Discussion with Avnish Bajaj, Chairman - eBay.in

rohit@ebay.com
Community Member
We are pleased to announce the next session of our Open House Program, where users get an opportunity to chat with the eBay India Management Team.

Join Avnish Bajaj, Chairman - eBay.in, for a discussion on buying and selling on eBay India. Avnish will be available on this thread on Tuesday, the 23rd of August, 2005 from 5:00 PM to 6:00 PM IST, for an interactive session with our users.

Make the most of this Open House Session to interact with Avnish, provide him your feedback, and ask him any questions you might have related to trading on eBay.

You can submit your questions before or during the event by making a post on this thread. For help on using the discussion boards, please click here.

See you on the 23rd at 5:00 PM!
Regards,
Rohit
Community Development Team

Thanks and Regards,
Rohit,
Buyer Engagement Team
Message 1 of 138
latest reply
137 REPLIES 137

avnishbajaj@ebay.com
Community Member
Hello vgabraham,

Assuming that the facts of your case are as stated by you, and that there is no misunderstanding with respect to the timing of the promotion or content of your listing etc., I can understand your frustration. We are not the "big brother" and will not be successful if that is the perception that is built. I apologize for this and please be assured that we are very focussed on delivering to the needs of our community in the most balanced fashion possible. If anything, it is the community that guides us towards our success and we will continue to work hard towards this objective.

Specifically with respect to your situation, someone from Customer Service will investigate your case and make sure that you are conversant with our policies. In general, we do not allow pure "ad" type listings on the site - only specific product listings are allowed - and this seems to be the cause of this problem. Again we will look into the listings and make sure that the policies were correctly applied.
Warm Regards & Best Wishes,
Avnish

Avnish
Message 101 of 138
latest reply

avnishbajaj@ebay.com
Community Member
Hello silconvalley,

I actually believe that the feedback is a much better way of building community than dispute resolution. By definition, dispute resolution is always only about disputes and negativity. The feedback forum provides an opporunity for the buyers and sellers to compliment each other and give positive feedback in addition to disputes. Based on eBay's fouding principle that "People are basically good", I really believe it creates more trust and allows for building of a healthier community. Please refer to Post #52 on how online feedback allows for building trust even beyond what can be achieved offline. I seek your support in making this mechanism work.

And of course, in the event of disagreement in ratings, there is always the Online Dispute Resolution (ODR) process to help sort things out. You will be surprised and hopefully happy to know that a vast majority of all disputes are sorted out between buyers and sellers since they usuall involve some form of miscommunication.
Avnish

Avnish
Message 102 of 138
latest reply

Dear Avnish,
Thanks for you reply. My contention with ebay policy is that you canot stop us from solicitng enquiries as long as we refrain giving our contact details on the listing or any any of our messages. This is definitely demoralising us. For every enquiry I get,I am particular to see that the deal is completed on ebay because i beleive in generating more positive feedback point which i am painfully generating. I beleive because this is a long term investment for a sucessful business. But ebay should not stiffle our initiative to reach to the buyer as long as i am in no way circumventing any fees that is due to ebay. I request you to look into this policy of you and request you to filter the bogus buyers / sellers from the genuine ones. I have supported Ebay because it has giving me a launching pad for my independance. i do not wish to be hurt and spoil this relationship.
Message 103 of 138
latest reply

silconvalley
Community Member
dear sir do you plan to reinstate the a/c of sellers who are suspended permentable
or atleast release their paisapay money?? with best regards
SILIKONINDIA
with best regards
SILIKONINDIA
Message 104 of 138
latest reply

silconvalley
Community Member
dear sir
can paisapay be connected to the sellers online bank a/c so an when he is in need of money atleast he a withdraw the same intead of waiting for the paisapay cheque to come in
specially for sellers who deal in high value products with best regards
SILIKONINDIA
with best regards
SILIKONINDIA
Message 105 of 138
latest reply

halwawala_in1
Community Member
Avnish Ji, I still am awaiting and acknowledgement - NOT a coomitment even , to look into the matter the way PAYPAL has eaten away my money and cheated . Thks. halwawala
Message 106 of 138
latest reply

avnishbajaj@ebay.com
Community Member
Hello vgabraham,

Unfortunately policies are made not just people like yourself who have good intent, but for people who may have malintent. Being a savvy seller yourself, you will understand that it is impossible to make exceptions on a case-by-case basis since that would violate the level playing field concept of our platform. So we request you to understand that policies have to be applied across the board and help us by following the terms.

I am sure that this way you will get far more sales. And I am not worried that you will try to bypass your fees since you seem very sincere :-)
Avnish

Avnish
Message 107 of 138
latest reply

avnishbajaj@ebay.com
Community Member
Hello All -

It has been an absolute pleasure to interact with all of you. The level of engagement has been great and, believe it or not, very motivating! ๐Ÿ™‚

Any unanswered questions will be forwarded on to me by the Community team and you can expect to get a response from them. I hope that the next session will see atleast 200 postings on the Boards! And most them of them will acknowledge the progress we have made in resolving your concerns! :-)
Avnish

Avnish
Message 108 of 138
latest reply

rohit@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear members,

Thank you very much for joining us for this session today. I hope you found this session useful.

I would also like to thank Avnish for taking the time off to interact with all our members today.

We will continue to have such sessions regularly and hope that you will join us for future sessions as well. Regards,
Rohit
Community Development Team

Thanks and Regards,
Rohit,
Buyer Engagement Team
Message 109 of 138
latest reply

telesolutions_in1
Community Member
Dear Avnish,

I was Unable to attend the session taday but was going thru the discussions and am very impressed by the way you answered every one, no doubt you and your friend took baazee to this height only you could have done it.

Looking at the replies given by you i feel quite motivated as you ar very clear on every thing of ebay's future and where is it going to be in the future.Great!!!!

few more areas of my concern were

1. Trading Assistant Programme:- When will you start promoting trading assistant as you do on ebay international?

2. News letter:- Please start a news letter service as you have on ebay international?

3. ebay international have promotion calender in which it tells when will they promote specific categories. I think this is a cool service and should start on ebay india.

4. I think you should inform the sellers more about the upcoming changes to the site, i know there is a continues improvement going on and if you keep sellers updated about these i think sellers would be more motivated about selling. As you know that working with hope can bring more results than working without hope. and also keep community updated about the achievements of ebay. eBay international is very good at this.

Rohit please pass this to Avnish if possible

Regards
Abhishek
http://stores.ebay.in/Telesolution
Message 110 of 138
latest reply