cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

got cheated while using old bazee, is ebay better?

as.mathur
Community Member
Got a bad deal about a year back on bazee.
Since then decided that will not do any transactions on bazee.

Now am getting mails of inactivity from new bazee (ebay).
Is this new site any better than the old one?
Has the customer protection mechanism changed/improved?
Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

snrama
Community Member
improved ---------------
Regards,
Snrama
---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) 😉
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

emailswarup
Community Member
I often see many sellers as e_shopee and invogue_inc who are receiving enormous nos of -ve feedbacks regularly but it seems ebay is indifferent to all these. They should take more responsibility to protect the buyers (and the many honest sellers also) rather than just being like a middle person and make profit without any obligation.
There must be a link in the member profile area to easily access all the -ve, neutral and mutually withdrawn feedbacks. This will help buyers assess the sellers drawbacks more easily.
I have not operated in Bazee, hence can't compare. But ebay should also improove themselves to make it a safer place for both buyers and sellers.
Swarup Dutta
Best Regards 😄
Swarup
Kolkata

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

as.mathur
Community Member
huh, how come none of the ebay team is responding here?
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

alok1964
Community Member
Total 4444444444422222222222222220000000000000000.

Never try to commit suicide again.

alok1964
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

shamimhassan
Community Member
Ebay, is a bigger theif than Bazee, DONT EVER BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM the name should be Echors not Ebay!
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

superstores_tech
Community Member
Dear KRITIDESIGNS ,

Here are a few suggestions to get your accoutn reinstated soon!!

1. Use Squaretrade to file CASES with buyers. If there is no response from buyer for more than 14 days you will receive a mail from SquareTrade and if you provide the same mail to ebay the matter will eb marked as resolved against your account.

2. Mail the buyers to ask for delivery confirmation. If they reply positively forward the mail to Ebay and the matter will be resolved.

3. Fax the POD's.

If you need any help you can ALWAYS ask me. I have been in this situation and can help.

Regards .

Superstores_Tech

ANkur Agarwal

Experience not AGE !!!

GEt on!!
Superstores_Tech

Ankur Agarwal
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

invogue-inc3
Community Member
Hi all,

I did not know Mr. Dutta still had a problem with the transaction, and that he has put up this message, as I would have replied long back. We would like to assure everyone that we are genuine sellers and the biggest proof of this fact is that we have sold over 2000 items and received OVER 550 POSITIVE FEEDBACKS in the past one month. I understand this is the HIGHEST ON EBAY INDIA BY A BIG MARGIN. We have sold over 2000 items in the past one month and have received 59 negative feedbacks, due to varied reasons including buyers who live in remote villages where no courier is ready to deliver.

Our genuinity is also proven by the fact that we refunded the full amount paid by Mr. Dutta once we came to know that the item really had a problem, which we did not notice at the time of purchase. Also, we have never forced Mr. Dutta or any other buyer to withdraw the feedback. We only request the buyer to withdraw it as most of the times the feedback is given without contacting us about the problem. Its almost as if you buy a shirt of size 40 from the showroom near your home, you go home and check it out, it does not fit you as the size mentioned is wrong. Its printed size 40, but it actually is 42.

So do you go around painting the town red and telling each and every person you see, that never buy from that showroom as they give wrong sizes!!! Or do you just coolly go to the showroom and tell them to replace it as you understand that it is a genuine mistake by an employee of the shop. And infact, you might even recommend the shop to others if the shopkeeper deals nicely with you and accept the mistake.

The negative feedback system of eBay is something like almost like painting the negative feedback in front of a shop, never to be removed. Even though the seller does everything possible to satisfy the buyer, the negative feedback stays there forever. I have many buyers who have bought items from me even after giving me a -ve feedback for the first order. This just proves that we are committed to buyer satisfaction.

Infact I have just called Mr. Dutta some time back, and I have explained my position on this. He has understood my position and has even told me that he will write about our discussion in this thread. I hope this assures all concerned people, buyers as well as eBay, that we are committed and here for long term.
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

invogue-inc3
Community Member
I have pasted below is the reply by Mr. Dutta on the main thread for this dispute.The reply was given just after I called Mr. Dutta explaining my position. He is a very good genuine buyer who can fight for his rights, and these are exactly how buyers on eBay should be. Buyers should never be cheated in any way, but I would suggest that the buyers should always contact the seller before assuming that they have been cheated, as most of the time it is just a small genuine mistake on the seller's end which he is ready to resolve. I wish Mr. Dutta and all other genuine buyer all the best and I am sure with buyers like you, fraud sellers will not be able to ply their trade on ebay.

For everyone's reference, below is Mr. Dutta's reply in thread: http://forums.ebay.in/post!reply.jspa?threadID=100001790

Little before I recd a call (STD) from Mr. Himangshu of invogue-inc3 regarding my posting on this discussion board about my bad experience and the considerable –ve feedbacks recd by him. As he has contacted me by phone (STD) for this posting so I think its my duty to tell everybody that this sellers cares about the discussion board and has the intention to explain his points.

For my case he mentioned that there had been some problems with his supplier of Pearls for which I recd the Shell Pearl instead of a real one. The reason is not so impressive but I must acknowledge that he cares to call a dissatisfied buyer. He assured me that they will try their best to stop such mistakes in future. He also assured to modify the specific Pearl listing creating the problem.
Hope he will take up the matter of other dissatisfied buyers similarly and thus reduce the amount of –ve feedbacks recd by him.
Message 9 of 9
latest reply