cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Open House Discussion with Avnish Bajaj, Chairman - eBay.in

rohit@ebay.com
Community Member
We are pleased to announce the next session of our Open House Program, where users get an opportunity to chat with the eBay India Management Team.

Join Avnish Bajaj, Chairman - eBay.in, for a discussion on buying and selling on eBay India. Avnish will be available on this thread on Tuesday, the 23rd of August, 2005 from 5:00 PM to 6:00 PM IST, for an interactive session with our users.

Make the most of this Open House Session to interact with Avnish, provide him your feedback, and ask him any questions you might have related to trading on eBay.

You can submit your questions before or during the event by making a post on this thread. For help on using the discussion boards, please click here.

See you on the 23rd at 5:00 PM!
Regards,
Rohit
Community Development Team

Thanks and Regards,
Rohit,
Buyer Engagement Team
Message 1 of 138
latest reply
137 REPLIES 137

rohit@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear Members,

While Avnish is answering queries posted on this thread prior to this session, we will be glad to answer any questions you might have for him during the session. You can post your queries by clicking on the 'Post Reply' link at the top and bottom of this page. Regards,
Rohit
Community Development Team

Thanks and Regards,
Rohit,
Buyer Engagement Team
Message 61 of 138
latest reply

avnishbajaj@ebay.com
Community Member
Hello sunrise_in,

I apologize that your issue is still pending. I have requested our Customer Support team to look into it, and take action at the earliest. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.
Warm Regards & Best Wishes,
Avnish

Avnish
Message 62 of 138
latest reply

avnishbajaj@ebay.com
Community Member
Hello fire_0172,

Thank you for your feedback. As regards sellers selling items at higher than market price, I feel that the best way to control this is to leave it to the market. Our efforts are to get more users to the platform, so that the economics of demand and supply will ensure that sellers charge the right prices for their items. Once their is enough transparency and competition in the marketplace, these things tend to sort themselves out.

A seller account is required for our users to start selling. Can you be specific about the reasons you don't like creating one?
Avnish

Avnish
Message 63 of 138
latest reply

avnishbajaj@ebay.com
Community Member
Hi solnan,

I regret the bad experience you have had as a seller. As I have mentioned in my earlier post addressed to delhiphotos, the challenge is to weed out the bad guys while at the same time, ensuring that it is easy for the good guys to buy online. Our strategy in India is to get more and more new users to try online buying and selling. We feel that this is absolutely necessary for our sellers to see value in selling on the site. Buyers are still hesitant to reveal their credit card information online. By making it mandatory to give out this number, our sellers will be losing out on the sales from these users.

Have you used 'Buyer Requirements'? This is a section within the My Account - Preferences section of 'My eBay'? You can use the settings in this section to block certain types of users from bidding on your items.
Avnish

Avnish
Message 64 of 138
latest reply

avnishbajaj@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear mkp2003_in1,

You are absolutely right - this forum is for the eBay India team to interact with our users and understand and address their issues.

Many of you have pointed out to me issues they faced while buying on the site. I wish to assure all of you that we will take action against users out to defraud others. We rely a lot on our users to point out such instances. As a first step, we encourage our users to sort out the differences amongst themselves because most cases can be resolved by open communication. If the case is still not resolved, then we get involved to resolve the dispute.

We are absolutely clear - there is no place for cheats on our site. Strict action will be taken against each and every user out to defraud others.

We also have a Buyer Protection Program to cover the cases where buyers have been defrauded by sellers. But yes, there are a few time bound formalities which are required for us to ensure that we are taking the right action. We request your patience and co - operation to follow these formalities completely. This will be invaluable to us in our efforts to keep the site trustworthy for all our users.
Avnish

Avnish
Message 65 of 138
latest reply

avnishbajaj@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear spaceview_in1,

1. The Billing System - It will not be possible for us to change the billing system primarily because this is the same system that is used by sellers across the world. The issue peculiar to India is the high UPI (unpaid Item) rates. As a company, this is one area of focus for us. We will soon be implementing some steps to reduce the instances of buyers not paying for their item after bidding for it. We will request your regular feedback to let us know how we are doing on this.

2. Timely crediting of seller fees - Yes, we absolutely should make sure that all the fees paid by sellers are reflecting on the sellers account on time. I will ask the team to look into your account as to why the amounts are still not reflecting in your account.
Avnish

Avnish
Message 66 of 138
latest reply

kritidesigns
Community Member
Dear sir I hope you will be able to advise us in how to resolve as We are having difficulty getting information from buyer whose cases are more then 90 days old, ebay shoudl understand this .Please define complaint.We have given all teh problem we are facing and ia ms ure other seller too.And advise us how toget rating removed.
Message 67 of 138
latest reply

avnishbajaj@ebay.com
Community Member
Hello leathermall_in1,

Firstly, we will give you the full credit for Unpaid Items, if you have filed for the UPI credit, and follow the steps required. If you are not familiar with the process, you can read about it here -
http://pages.ebay.in/help/tp/unpaid-item-process.html

In response to your query about suspending even a first time defaulter, I must tell you about a particular user we met at our office during a Voices session. For users who are not familiar with Voices, this is a day long event where we invite few of our users to our office to interact with us. This particular gentleman is one of the top buyers of the site. Interestingly, he did not complete the transaction for the first item he bought! But he later developed confidence, and became a regular buyer.

I will repeat what I have already posted - in a nascent e-commerce market like India, we need to encourage more users to try online buying. But we will not do so at the expense of our sellers and do attempt to strike a balance. We feel that this is the right strategy to adopt for long term growth of our sellers businesses.
Avnish

Avnish
Message 68 of 138
latest reply

shoemall_in1
Community Member
hi,
this is anudip samui from mumbai. i am just a superseller in the making.well first of all congrats on becoming the chairman of ebay.in.well i hope you take on the responsibility very well.well first i want my baazee.com back.it was so easy and user friendly.this ebay is not.
and yes what does ebay get by really making sellers restless by their rules and idiotic settings.you should first make your invoice system proper.not a single seller likes to see the invoice part.its confusing.make it like baazee again please.
secondly,what are the steps you have taken to increase public awareness.i think none!!!!!!!!
and yes have you ever though about the marketing part of ebay.in.i think you dont even care to tell your own neighbours about it.do something about its advertising part.

IF YOU NEED SOME NEW INNOVATIVE IDEAS ABOUT ADVERTISING THEN CONTACT ME.I WILL SURELY NOT DISAPPOINT YOU.JUST GIVE ME A CHANCE IF YOU THINK INNOVATION IS THE FUTURE OF EBAY.
AND YES do some tv ads for sure man.we like those ads.sign up with some newspaper and do some ads regularly.it wont cost you a bomb.also keep more contests.keep sms contests also.ask sellers to give freebies with their products.and yes keep a price check on all products.some are really very high.
hope you reply me.thanks.
anudip samui.
Message 69 of 138
latest reply

avnishbajaj@ebay.com
Community Member
Hi wet_international,

I hope you have found the answers to your queries in some of my earlier posts. But to reiterate,

1. We are taking steps to try and reduce the instances of fraud buyers bidding on your item. You can expect to see some changes over the next few weeks. For obvious reasons, we cannot tell you exactly what we plan to do. But we will be relying on feedback from sellers such as yourself to understand the effect of our efforts.

There is a section called 'Buyer Requirements' within the My Account - Preferences section of 'My eBay'. You can use the settings in this section to block certain types of users from bidding on your items.

2. We have a feebback reminder mail that is sent to all users who have not left feedback for their transactions. However, we will not be making feedback mandatory since it is not in line with encouraging a free, transparent and open marketplace.
Avnish

Avnish
Message 70 of 138
latest reply