cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Open House Discussion with Avnish Bajaj, Chairman - eBay.in

rohit@ebay.com
Community Member
We are pleased to announce the next session of our Open House Program, where users get an opportunity to chat with the eBay India Management Team.

Join Avnish Bajaj, Chairman - eBay.in, for a discussion on buying and selling on eBay India. Avnish will be available on this thread on Tuesday, the 23rd of August, 2005 from 5:00 PM to 6:00 PM IST, for an interactive session with our users.

Make the most of this Open House Session to interact with Avnish, provide him your feedback, and ask him any questions you might have related to trading on eBay.

You can submit your questions before or during the event by making a post on this thread. For help on using the discussion boards, please click here.

See you on the 23rd at 5:00 PM!
Regards,
Rohit
Community Development Team

Thanks and Regards,
Rohit,
Buyer Engagement Team
Message 1 of 138
latest reply
137 REPLIES 137

avnishbajaj@ebay.com
Community Member
Hello telesolutions_in1,

Thank you for your wishes. You have rightly pointed out that international selling is a great option for our sellers to consider to increase their sales on eBay. To address your two main questions:

1. Contests and Promotions - we have some exciting promotions lined up for you next month. I do not want to spoil the surprise by giving more details right now, but stay tuned for a lot of fun!

2. Our Marketing Team has just completed a research to understand the brand awareness and perception of eBay. We will decide on next steps once we analyze the data.

You are absolutely right that people still recognize Baazee.com more than eBay.in. This is something that we definitely need to change. We are focusing a lot of our marketing effort, including PR, to increase the awareness of eBay in India. However, this is something that will take time for the results to be apparent. And we will request your support till such time.
Warm Regards & Best Wishes,
Avnish

Avnish
Message 51 of 138
latest reply

avnishbajaj@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear nayyarkamal,

I am sorry that your dispute has not been resolved yet. I have asked eBay Customer Support Team to look into your case. You will be hearing from them soon.
Avnish

Avnish
Message 52 of 138
latest reply

avnishbajaj@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear suyash_p2,

It will be difficult, as a trading platform, for eBay to provide verification services for items that are put up for sale on the site. I would recommend that you use the feedback forum to read more about what other users have to say about a particular seller. Think about it - if you go to buy offline from someone, can you really look at their entire past history and see what all their past buyers have to say about them?! The answer is obviously "no" - but the online feedback forum at eBay does provide this facility and is a very powerful and the best tool for us to build trust in the community. We will make sure that this is better marketed and understood by the community.

As a regular user of the site, you might also be aware of the Purchase Protection Program that eBay has. In the instance that you have a bad experience as a buyer, you can file for a claim under this program details of which can be seen at -

http://pages.ebay.in/help/confidence/problems-fraud.html
Avnish

Avnish
Message 53 of 138
latest reply

avnishbajaj@ebay.com
Community Member
Hello ppjewellers,

I absolutely understand the effort sellers like yourself make to maintain your ratings. Hence, while migrating feedback from Baazee to eBay, we did not migrate negative ratings initially as we knew that these could later be edited, and we wanted to give our users the benefit of changed ratings. Unfortunately, we slipped up by not considering that neutral ratings could also be edited. And as you must be familiar with by now, we cannot edit ratings on eBay.

Having said that, I will once again check with the team if there is anything we can do about your case. We appreciate your feedback in this case but accept my apologies if this cannot be resolved in your favor.
Avnish

Avnish
Message 54 of 138
latest reply

avnishbajaj@ebay.com
Community Member
Hello halwawala_in1,

Thank you for joining in today. One of the eBay India team personnel will be in touch with you to get some more details regarding your case. We will try our best to resolve your case.
Avnish

Avnish
Message 55 of 138
latest reply

avnishbajaj@ebay.com
Community Member
Hello snrama,

Thank you for your post. We have received similar feedback from a few of our users. eBay already has a system of sending automated feedback reminder mails to users who have yet to leave feedback for their transactions. Our users need not request for feedback themselves. This mail is already live on the India site, and will be sent to users every month for all the feedback they have yet to leave from their previous months transactions.
Avnish

Avnish
Message 56 of 138
latest reply

avnishbajaj@ebay.com
Community Member
Hello pankaj_vohra2003,

I regret that you are no longer using ebay.in. It is sad that a regular user such as yourself has been so frustrated.

Based on the feedback from our users such as yourself, we have launched a project specifically to improve the levels of our customer service. We are seeing an improvement in this from the levels a couple of months back. But we will continue to closely monitor and improve the levels of service we are providing. This is one of the important areas of focus for us.

In the meantime, I would request you to please continue using the site. We truly value the honest feedback provided by users such as yourself.
Avnish

Avnish
Message 57 of 138
latest reply

avnishbajaj@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear delhiphotos,

The issue of fraud buyers is one that our team has been investigating into. We have spent a significant amount of time analyzing data to understand which type of transactions are most likely to remain Unpaid (UPI). The challenge is to keep out the bad guys without making it too difficult for the good guys as well to try online buying.

Are you aware of a section called 'Buyer Requirements' within the My Account - Preferences section of 'My eBay'? You can use the settings in this section to block certain types of users from bidding on your items.

To answer your queries:

1. We already have seller verification. India, still being at a nascent stage of e-commerce adoption, we will not verify all buyers as of now since that will decrease the overall buyer adoption of the platform which will hurt our sellers more than it benefits them

2. We will be launching Phone Support, for Top Sellers, later this week. Please stay tuned on this front.

3. The reason why FVF credit takes some time is because we have seen that in many cases, the issues get resolved between buyer and seller once they communicate with each other. We also want to give our users enough time to respond to an UPI filed against them before we take any action.

4. Thanks for your feedback regarding the tools. I will pass it forward to our Product Management Team
Avnish

Avnish
Message 58 of 138
latest reply

avnishbajaj@ebay.com
Community Member
Hello rhvadva,

It is up to our sellers to decide what items to upload on the site, and the pricing they charge for the same. As of now, only items located in India can be uploaded to ebay.in. I am happy to say that we will soon be allowing even items not located in India to be uploaded to the India site. This will benefit Indian users desirous to purchase items from outside India, provided they have been listed by a seller.
Avnish

Avnish
Message 59 of 138
latest reply

avnishbajaj@ebay.com
Community Member
Hello jaggu_n,

Thank you for welcoming me. I am happy to be interacting with users such as yourself on this forum. Thanks to all of you who have posted their views for me.

It is nice to read that our efforts to improve the site are being appreciated. Feedback from users really motivates us to do more for our users.

Feedback is an area that our user are most passionate about, and rightfully so. Feedback is a transparent way to build your reputation on eBay. But at the same time, it has to be the choice of the user whether or not she wants to leave feedback, as also the feedback that they want to leave. eBay has a process of sending automated feedback reminder mails to users who have not left feedback for their transactions. But I am not convinced that we need to make it mandatory for users to leave feedback. But it will be nice to have a discussion around this topic with our users.
Avnish

Avnish
Message 60 of 138
latest reply