cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Open House Discussion with Gautam Thakar, Country Manager - Marketplace

rohit@ebay.com
Community Member
We are pleased to announce the next session of our Open House Program, where users get an opportunity to chat with the eBay India Management Team.

Join Gautam Thakar, Country Manager - eBay India Marketplace, for a discussion on buying and selling on eBay India. Gautam will be available on this thread on Friday, the 4th of November, 2005 from 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM IST, for an interactive session with our users.

Make the most of this Open House Session to interact with Gautam, provide him your feedback, and ask him any questions you might have related to trading on eBay.

You can submit your questions before or during the event by making a post on this thread.

For help on using the discussion boards, please click here.

See you on the 4th at 4:00 PM!

Regards,
Rohit,
Community Development Team

Thanks and Regards,
Rohit,
Buyer Engagement Team
Message 1 of 64
latest reply
63 REPLIES 63

emailswarup
Community Member
Hi,
I think the suggestion of Mr. Munjal Shah (Member id: munjal_in2) regarding optional chargeable SMS alert on outbidding is excellent.
Regards
Swarup Dutta
Best Regards ๐Ÿ˜„
Swarup
Kolkata

Message 61 of 64
latest reply

sharathmodi
Community Member
B-) I bought a item, 2 days later I recieve mail from eBay, seller suspended. Anyhow a few of us who purchased contacted each other, as seller informed he was suspended for listing in wrong category. Why scare us, why blow something out of proprtion, we thought he was a fraud.

Anyhow seller has sent us links, case stories. After studying them I can tell both shreyas_shah2512 or buyers cheated that eBay cheats both. They cheat buyers by suspending registration & asking them to take action thru police,banks etc while it is their job (escaping responsibility). They love fraud sellers, because they make huge amounts of money in Listings, as they appear, disappear and Re-appear.

eBay cheats genuine sellers where eBay has cheated numerous people via PayPal. They pay sellers and ask them to ship item/ items. 2-3 days after despatch they inform sellers that buyers were frauds - Tel Nos, addresses cannot be verified, to immediately return money with any dues. If not, they debit money from sellers bank a/c from previous Authorisation codesetc.

Read 'Al-Quaida pays eBay to transmit messages? ' by Mansur Rizvi on 'feedback to eBay India". They collaborate with Al-Qauida to pass messages on eBay sites , and the 2001 USA bombing terrorists used eBay. When Al-Q uses the music section to pass messages, to prove themselves innocent eBay scanned millions of images to prove themselves innocent. Why this cover-up. Even today Al-Q sites propagate the art of Stenography and have been doing from years.

eBay is sick, mad for money - will do anything. So don't be surprised. They do not support Sellers or Buyers, they support only Fraud Sellers & Buyers, this is where the moolah is - Listings Listings and more Listings.

Why is action not taken against frauds, rather they are promptly suspended - to cover-up to make a come-back. Today e-Sham tommorrow i-Sham etc etc. , while eBay laughs all the way to the bank - escaping all responsibility. In the US they have argued in court it is Not their reponsibility but ours to patrol site and inform ......Shameless

Shame........... (they do not even know what it means.)
Message 62 of 64
latest reply

sharathmodi
Community Member
Correcting Error: In earlier post it should read as 'Steganography' (not Stenography). 'Steganography' pronounced as Stay-gan-o-graphy. The art of hiding information.

...sorry
Message 63 of 64
latest reply

singhmukesh
Community Member
Hi! All,
What i think is....
it is really useless to follow up with ebay. You wont get any sought of help from ebay.
What you get is a pre written text which is a ready reply which is just copied and pasted with some links to go through which really sucks.
help yourself and forget it...
The entire structure of eBay is highly geared towards sellers. A buyer has absolutely nothing in his or her favour.For example, nowhere until you 'Confirm to Buy' can you get to know the total cost (shipping, insurance, etc) in a single place.
My money has been stolen and there is nothing I can do about it. Thank you eBay!
Message 64 of 64
latest reply