cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Open House Discussion with Gautam Thakar, Country Manager - Marketplace

rohit@ebay.com
Community Member
We are pleased to announce the next session of our Open House Program, where users get an opportunity to chat with the eBay India Management Team.

Join Gautam Thakar, Country Manager - eBay India Marketplace, for a discussion on buying and selling on eBay India. Gautam will be available on this thread on Friday, the 4th of November, 2005 from 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM IST, for an interactive session with our users.

Make the most of this Open House Session to interact with Gautam, provide him your feedback, and ask him any questions you might have related to trading on eBay.

You can submit your questions before or during the event by making a post on this thread.

For help on using the discussion boards, please click here.

See you on the 4th at 4:00 PM!

Regards,
Rohit,
Community Development Team

Thanks and Regards,
Rohit,
Buyer Engagement Team
Message 1 of 64
latest reply
63 REPLIES 63

gautam@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear indconcepts

Please do not stop your feedback - whether claps or slaps. We need to work hard to ensure that we earn your trust such that eventually there are many more claps. However, we absolutely value the criticism as thats the only way for us to change and grow.

All i want to say is that please do believe that all our employees will be trying hard to do the most we can as fast as we can.

Without our users pointing things out to us , we will not know half the things we do today - because it is all of you who use the site much more than us and you know what is good and what is not so good better than any of us Regards
Gautam
Regards
Gautam
Message 51 of 64
latest reply

halwawala_in1
Community Member
dear Mr. Thakar , Rohit and the Team ,

My sincere aplogies for not being able to join the board live .

Yes, I would never think even once , in saying that the e-bay staff is more than friends , in relationships - BUT when there is a problem which asks for more than what has been mentioned in the POLICY BOOKs - there seems to be some PROBLEMS !!!!

Yes, The community , is like a family and NO FAMILY is without its own problems ( and GRUMBLINGS , COMPLAINTS >>>>))

Let the spirit of the togetherness and belongings be there and the TRUST would prevail .

My incere wishes for a Very Happy , Deepawali , New Year to EID to all the members .

Luv n Light
Halwawala

P.S.: YES , IT WAS A VERY VERY PLEASENT EXPERIENCE FOR ME TO BE IN BOMBAY , AT E-BAY OFFICE , THE VOICES SESSION AND MEETING AND INTERACTING WITH THE E-BAY STAFF .:-D
Message 52 of 64
latest reply

singhmukesh
Community Member
Dear Sir,
Kindly provide direct mail support link.Incase of any problem,It will help a lot for new users on ebay.
Presently your support is only with sellers & buyers has to suffer like me.I never had any problem with Baazee but i am sorry to say,with my first transaction on ebay,i had a problem.Now seller is not responding of my emails & there is no support of ebay team.U should provide sellers contact No.s too,once a buyer has compleated the payment process.
I paid to prefect_shopee item id:5818668653,Item name:Caller Id Handfree Speaker Phone which was ended on 19th oct.Now item is not showing on ur site & after getting payment seller is not responding.
Please help.
Message 53 of 64
latest reply

amitramanjha
Community Member
Dear Mr. Thakkar,

Is there any methodology to trace a fraud seller on ebay.
It is around three -four months back i purchased a watch online and paid around 300 bucks through EFT. To my surprise i havenot received the product as yet and even the winning details have vanished from the "won" view of my ebay as this is more than 60 days old episode.
Can you help me trace my product and resolve to tackle a problem like this please.

Regards.
Amit
Message 54 of 64
latest reply

munjal_in2
Community Member
Hello E Bay India Team,

Here is a suggestion for you to make bidder alert about bids placed.

You can provide the facility of cellphone sms alerts for bids won/outbid/ending those a bidder had placed.

Some charge for this can be collected from the member or it can be provided free.

You can give the member an option of reminding him about the bid won/ending/outbid, while a member is placing a bid.

This will be a really good way to get updated about the status of bids for a bidder, when he is offline, since it can not always be possible to access net all time.

This is a suggestion from Munjal Shah (Member id: munjal_in2) to provide better service to the community members.

Happy Bidding!!
Munjal
Message 55 of 64
latest reply

priyabrijesh
Community Member
Dear Sir

I had paid for item Talk Back Parrot - A Unique Item (6006577606)from salespromotion1964 and paid using paisa pay PaisaPay ID 14502467580 .it ois been atleast 3 weeks there is no news about the item , i tried to contact the seller through mails and his phone number .he is not responded so far and looking at his profile and the kind of negative rating he has got iguess he is a bogus seller. i want to know how ebay can get my money back and keep a heck on such bogus guys.
Message 56 of 64
latest reply

singhmukesh
Community Member
Hi! all,
I had a dispute with a seller & written about that to
ebay.i got replay from Mr. KRISH of ebay india team.
I would like to highlight few of his words from his mail :-(I found that the auction for the phone that you purchased was removed because it breached one or more of our listing policies.).
Donโ€™t you think that it is totally unfair to remove a listing after a winning bid that too without informing the buyer about this . It was done three or four days after the bid had ended with a winner. I had received a confirmation mail about winning & was requested to pay for it. so I can say eBay is involved in this & this is one kind of cheating. I now realize how good is ebay india service & how it is protecting buyerโ€™s interest because after this incident also the same seller was listing the same product.
I do not find Mr. Krish's response useful & up to my satisfaction. This was my fault that i trusted eBay like Baazee & now suffering after paying. Seller says it is not his fault & forcing me to remove the negative rating & ebay peoples are crying about there policies. Then what should a buyer do in such cases? What is our fault?
After paying, I am being asked to talk to seller or go through eBay's lengthy process which will really work?..."god only knows".
My question is then for what eBay team peoples are there & what way they are protecting a buyer on their site? Just for claiming a small amount I have to spend more than the money what I have paid for the winning product as internet charges & Lots of tension & wastage of my time is an extra Bonus from eBay.
My suggetion is,In place of replying with such nonsense ideas, please do something really useful, if eBay is not involved in such frauds. Hope you can understand my situation & will take some useful stuff to protect our interest & faith with eBay.

Thanking you

Mukesh
Message 57 of 64
latest reply

nvid@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear singhmukesh,

I regret the unpleasant experience you had and understand your frustration at no fault of yours. I wish to reiterate the fact that eBay strives to takes all the necessary steps possible to protect its buyers from unpleasant experiences.

Kindly escalate your problem to Buyer Protection on the Dispute Consol (help on Dispute Consol) for eBay to take appropriate action

I suggest you go through this link on Protection for Buyers

Let me assure you eBay has a proven track record of Buyer Protection Payouts
Regards,
nvid
Regards,
Vidmay
Message 58 of 64
latest reply

shreyas_shah2512
Community Member
I am tired of relisting my item on eBay since u guys just have FRAUD Buyers. I think you guys should come up with some solution for the FRAUD BUYERS ISSUE.
This is a list of FRAUD Buyers and i m sure there are many more:-

hemant_v
margaret4real
kumarak01
bwllams1
susiegirl888
vikasjohn_06

Thanks,

SHREYAS SHAH
Message 59 of 64
latest reply

nebupat
Community Member
Res. Sir,
I am small Businessman and I am ebay menber with user ID nebupat and suffering from the Charge Back problem from 8 Members. Actually I got the payment from paisapay and i send the material after sone days my account is debited from 8 item as a charge back the total of charge back goes to Rs. 12000.00 how can i get back. and tomorrow i am faxing the all the POD required. My question is also that how can ebay debit the amount from our account without giving any email to us.

Sir, please help me for this problem.

Yours
Dilip K. Patel
Message 60 of 64
latest reply