cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Open House Discussion with Gautam Thakar, Country Manager - Marketplace

rohit@ebay.com
Community Member
We are pleased to announce the next session of our Open House Program, where users get an opportunity to chat with the eBay India Management Team.

Join Gautam Thakar, Country Manager - eBay India Marketplace, for a discussion on buying and selling on eBay India. Gautam will be available on this thread on Friday, the 4th of November, 2005 from 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM IST, for an interactive session with our users.

Make the most of this Open House Session to interact with Gautam, provide him your feedback, and ask him any questions you might have related to trading on eBay.

You can submit your questions before or during the event by making a post on this thread.

For help on using the discussion boards, please click here.

See you on the 4th at 4:00 PM!

Regards,
Rohit,
Community Development Team

Thanks and Regards,
Rohit,
Buyer Engagement Team
Message 1 of 64
latest reply
63 REPLIES 63

shamimhassan
Community Member
Dont make me laugh, the discussion board is full of complaints....do you still need feedback!
Message 2 of 64
latest reply

t2k_in1
Community Member
1. How can we buyers be protected activities like sellers pushing up the price using fake id's? Is ebay doing anything to ensure that this does not happen?

2. Ebay can only ensure a certain level of safety to buyers. What happens when a seller is kicked out? Who will honour the warranty? The seller will just register again!

3. I have faced bad experiences with Bazee->ebay migration and not receiving earphones with an Mp3 player which i Purchased. Ebay has not taken any action against the seller, and I was left in cold water. How can you deal with things like this ? Just because we dont go suing the sellers/ebay for this, doesnt mean that you should hide behind the "License agreement..."
Message 3 of 64
latest reply

avin21_in1
Community Member
I don't know what's the use of these discussions. The discussion board is full of complaints and there is no replies from ebay team. They r concerned only for sellers. What they lack is simple policies and procedures towards buyers.
Message 4 of 64
latest reply

rohit@ebay.com
Community Member
Hello everyone,

Thank you for posting your views here. The objective of this session is to listen and respond to your feedback, and I wish to assure you that we are constantly reading the posts on the discussion boards. Gautam will be responding to your points during his Open House session next week.

At the same time, the discussion boards are not the right forum for us to respond to specific customer issues. Users will have to write in to Customer Service to seek redressal for their specific issues.

For all buyers who have not received items ordered from sellers, or have received items that are significantly not as described on the site, I would request you to file an Item Not Received or Significantly Not As Received Dispute, and follow the steps in that process. By doing so, you can be eligible for Buyer Protection. This also helps notify us of potentially fraud sellers, and we can take action against those sellers.
Regards,
Rohit,
Community Development Team

Thanks and Regards,
Rohit,
Buyer Engagement Team
Message 5 of 64
latest reply

sripathykarur
Community Member
Dear Mr Rohit,
By looking at the discussion points dan't you feel buyers and suppliers have lots of clarifications to be sought. there is no other forum to discuss these points.........???
I have a point to make to all..............Some of the items are sold or offered at a much higher price than the maket/Dealer price for Branded products. This has to be reviewed by eBAY seriously. If you need specific mention pl contact me at krsripathy@yahoo.com

Thanks

Sripathy
Message 6 of 64
latest reply

touch_and_shine
Community Member

Hello
Mr. Gautam Thakkar.

Problems:

1. I have
participated in Keep the Catch Contest http://pages.ebay.in/yahoocontest/
. My name is there in winners list - PREETI VATAN. I haven't received my
prize for it. My name is in watches section. If u really want to help u can see
that. Other of my friends have got their prize long back. I have contacted
customer support but still not any gud reply nor I received my prize for it.
Just want one single reply from ur side now --- JUST SAY THAT EBAY DON'T
WANNA GIVE OK
. Even I have created two topics on community board regarding
this and no ebay guy have guts to post on my topic and let me know what exactly
is the reason for this. U can check the threads :

Thread 1 --- http://forums.ebay.in/thread.jspa?threadID=100001866&tstart=0&mod=1129711776853

Thread 2 ---
http://forums.ebay.in/thread.jspa?threadID=100001867&tstart=0&mod=1129711837682

When u can't
give prizes then why u launch these contests ?

2. Spread
the word and win contest winners ? - No declaration of Spread the word and win
contest winners yet ? Link to Spread the word and win contest --- http://pages.ebay.in/promotion/spreadtheword.html
. Why ? - Contest started on 1st June and ended on 30th of June, 2005. Do u care
to post winners name ? If yes then post it.

3. Feedback
problems as a seller : As a seller I can't see seller protection program or
something. A buyer can come at any point ask for bargain or something if we deny
--- be ready to get negative feedback for that. In that case contacting customer
support won't help. I know what will u say regarding this --- U will say that
this change is soon to going live ---

Requiring new members to complete
a tutorial before leaving neutral or negative feedback.

This change will require all new users (members with a feedback score of less
than 10) to complete a short tutorial before leaving neutral or negative
feedback. We hope that the tutorial will educate new members about the feedback
system as well as ensure that they are aware of the various communication tools
available to them prior to leaving feedback for their trading partner.

My reply to ur comment: Fine that
this tutorial is coming soon but when someone is trying to spoil our image for
enemity, jealousy, competition kind of reason. In that case will this change
helps us ? The answer is NO. I m not happy with feedback changes. There should
be something extra done on this part. Hopefully I want seller protection program
to be live.

4. Phone support for all sellers :
Phone support should be given to all ebay sellers. There should be some button
or some link where a seller can click and ask for phone support help. I guess
every seller needs it whether a seller is new, old or power seller. Atleast make
it possible for old and new seller with some limit like they can use phone
support once in a month or something. Remember new and old sellers are future's
powerseller so don't do unjustice to them. They also face problems just like
powersellers do.

I hope my co - sellers with agree
with me somewhere here.

My co - sellers
: Whether u agree or disagree plz comment on my reply.

http://search.ebay.in/_W0QQsassZtouchQ5fandQ5fshine

Message 7 of 64
latest reply

halwawala_in1
Community Member
๐Ÿ™‚ Dear Mr. Thakkar , you are welcome to the board , specially after assuming the prestigious post of the ountry head . We the users of e-bay , or better call it the community , should not expect any big claims or assurances , but just console us by saying that all our raised issue and problems are being looked after .

Specially a) The problem in the feedbacks system . A mischievous mind registers himself as a user ( R U aware even without providing any address , you can register at e-baY ??) , buys a few items may be from Power Sellers / Sellers - does not pay for the item and LO Leaves a Negative and obnoxious comments for the Seller - ruining his credibility to certain extent . Leave apart the time and energy a Seller spends in Listing an item , leave apart the fact that a sincere user might have also bought the said item - in the process the Seller Looses his reputation , His Power Seller status , Listing Fee and .....

Sir, this policy needs AN IMMEDIATE REVIEW .

Thanks and Regards .
halwawala .
Message 8 of 64
latest reply

Dear Gautam,
The ongoing promotion by ebay for 5 free listings for ILF and Border fees is not right since while listing, the billing is done, and then later (November 30 2005) ebay on its own discretion will decide to credit the fees. This is very confusing for a seller, who is not sure if his listing would be given credit later on or not. I have already listed 4 items and will be listing the 5th item today for a total of Rs. 95 X 5 = Rs. 475 and I already feel that I am in the mercy of Ebay if they decide later not to give me credit for those listings, even though I feel that I have listed then clearly according to the rules of the promotion. I have written to customer support too, but their answer is not convincing me.
Regards, Abraham
Message 9 of 64
latest reply

runalaila_in1
Community Member
Please Please concentrate only on two things ....
1) promote dedicated power sellers ( no worries if extras offered to them ... they do deserve some extra treatment )
2) make a powerful / easy to use and speedy tool for genuine buyers to get protection on compalints

thats all ... rest all are proceedural hiccups and will never end
Message 10 of 64
latest reply