cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Open House Discussion with Avnish Bajaj, Chairman - eBay.in

rohit@ebay.com
Community Member
We are pleased to announce the next session of our Open House Program, where users get an opportunity to chat with the eBay India Management Team.

Join Avnish Bajaj, Chairman - eBay.in, for a discussion on buying and selling on eBay India. Avnish will be available on this thread on Tuesday, the 23rd of August, 2005 from 5:00 PM to 6:00 PM IST, for an interactive session with our users.

Make the most of this Open House Session to interact with Avnish, provide him your feedback, and ask him any questions you might have related to trading on eBay.

You can submit your questions before or during the event by making a post on this thread. For help on using the discussion boards, please click here.

See you on the 23rd at 5:00 PM!
Regards,
Rohit
Community Development Team

Thanks and Regards,
Rohit,
Buyer Engagement Team
Message 1 of 138
latest reply
137 REPLIES 137

vivek8_8
Community Member
Hi sir,
I am a manufacture of embroidery sarees so i wants only wholesaler not retilor. Means who has there shops whether in India or Outside .Tell what i have to do for this.
THanks
Message 121 of 138
latest reply

mobilesuperstore
Community Member
please reduce the ebay fees if u dnt u will be loosing a handful of sellers we sellers get only Rs400 as profit but the ebay fees comes more than our profit so please reconsider the fees
Message 122 of 138
latest reply

kalanagari
Community Member
Dear Mr. Avnish and community development Team,

sub : paypal victoms

I would like to request you to help your sellers who are "paypal victoms" now, which includes me as well. I am highly disappointed by paypal services, I thought it's an ebay company and may be as good as paisa pay, and i opened an account with paypal and started receiving money and when I requested for my first cheque, it was approved by paypal and now after one and a half month, I am still waiting for my cheque. I have wasted so much of money by calling them, but completly useless, written many mails and msgs to their customer support and help centers, but no reply. I thing not only my money, so many other sellers money has been eaten by Paypal.
I request you to do something to help your sellers, my so much of money is stuck up with paypal and I am not sure now I will get my own money one day or not. I had a very very big loss due to paypal.
I request you to take some action or guide us what to do.
Hope to hear from you soon.
Regards
Message 123 of 138
latest reply

kalanagari
Community Member
Dear Mr. Avnish and community development Team,

sub : paypal victoms

I would like to request you to help your sellers who are "paypal victoms" now, which includes me as well. I am highly disappointed by paypal services, I thought it's an ebay company and may be as good as paisa pay, and i opened an account with paypal and started receiving money and when I requested for my first cheque, it was approved by paypal and now after one and a half month, I am still waiting for my cheque. I have wasted so much of money by calling them, but completly useless, written many mails and msgs to their customer support and help centers, but no reply. I thing not only my money, so many other sellers money has been eaten by Paypal.
I request you to do something to help your sellers, my so much of money is stuck up with paypal and I am not sure now I will get my own money one day or not. I had a very very big loss due to paypal.
I request you to take some action or guide us what to do.
Hope to hear from you soon.
Regards
Message 124 of 138
latest reply

nayyarkamal
Community Member
Dear Sir,

I want to use your offices to settle a long pending dispute on which no action has been taken for the last 7 months.I got defrauded by a fradulent seller Attitude (Mr. Satish)

Item : Most Stylist Watch On The Baazee
Item ID: 27910213
Order ID: 2427640
The seller took the money more than 7 months back and never cared to deliver the material. I wrote more than 25 reminders to ebay (ealier Baazee) but they did not take any action whatsoever. The ebay team even stopped responding to my mails. Will the ebay team wake up and do something to protect buyers.
Message 125 of 138
latest reply

alok1964
Community Member
Hi Mr Avanish Bajaj,

I have a complaint again after my deal with M/s "Gifts2gifts health" of same type in which your people have not done anything.

I have bought a watch named as "Latest Terrance Watch" from the Seller e_shopee & sent a DD no. 011153 issued by Allahabad Bank, Alambagh ,Lucknow in the name of "Sandeep Kumar " worth Rs 201/- to the sellers address of Hyderabad on 7th September 2005. Till 14th September, the seller "Mr Sandeep Kumar" was denying that he had not received my post containing DD. Suddenly I saw on 14th September that this seller has not remained a Registered user on ebay. Since then neither he sent any message nor any email on my email ID. His mobile remains always on OFF mode. I have tried hundred times to contact the seller but failed. You will again say that the item is a low value item & we can't help you but I want to tell you that this is a case of FRAUD using ebay platform, due to which the honest buyers like me are losing faith in ebay. I wish to tell you that I have lost Rs 250/- of my hard earned money. This seller was earlier registered on baazee & was suspended for fradulent acts. Here anybody can do buisness with fake or different IDs , do buisness for a month or two, do frauds with several buyers like me & then wind up buisness after collecting a handsome amount & you can't do anything against the seller. Simply you can only warn the honest seller if he gets delayed in payment issue strike against the buyer. The same seller will reappear on ebay with different Ids after sometimes with a different address & you people will provide the same platform again to that fellow for doing frauds to your genuine customers again for some coins of fees only. You people don't understand that the trusted sellers on ly may be allowed to trade on ebay whose genuineness is guaranteed but you will not understand. This seller as far as I know was dealing with at least twoIDs i.e. e-shopee & i_shopee & if possible some other but these two Ids are suspended. What you can do with those customers, who are dealing with this seller in the meantime & whose deal was in process? Will you refund the amount to the customers? No, a Very Biog NO, because you have not lost money. This is Myself, a very BIG FOOL who is wasting his money & time on such a worthless trading sitew where customers interests are not protected.
Message 126 of 138
latest reply

sjewelsdk
Community Member
sir,
i have to brought to your notice the confusion and mistake in your promotions. in "use and win" if i have to list an item i have to also list the item in my shop where i become ineligible for the benefits of use and win because shop listing is ineligible.
in auction and fix price format by default shop categories also come and unless i list them i cannot list the item.
on 15th july the free international listing day i had listed lots of items in auction format and by default they also got listed in shop. I have been trying to tell your staff about this mistake but no one seems to hear me nor are they bothered. Mr.sirkar was very rude with me as if i purposely trying to fool you.
now in this promotion where i want to make use of all the promos i am afraid same problem has come up.
are you people knowingly trying to get us involved so that in auction and fix price format we become ineligible for the benefits since we are taken to shop categories also to fulfil and then you do not give us the credit by saying that we had listed in shop.
kindly clarify
Message 127 of 138
latest reply

rajeshi@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear sjewelsdk

This is on your post regarding benefits of promotion (Use & Win). Yes you are correct in that all core listings (either Fixed Price / Auction etc.) also appear in shop listings if you have a shop. This is an additional benefit given to all shop owners so that their listings appear in Core Search and Shop also. However any such listing the format is still considered to be either Fixed Price / Auction as the case may be. The benefits of the promotion (in this case Use & Win) will be applicable on Fixed Price / Auction / Ad format listings.

Under the promotion when it is mentioned that Store Format listings are excluded it means that the promotion benefit will not be applicable to listings which appear only in Shop i.e. while making the listing if user clicks "Shop Listings" then listing appears only in Shop and for those listings the promo benefit will not be applicable.

I hope i have answered your query. If you need any more clarification do let me know
Regards,
Rajesh

Regards,
Rajesh
Message 128 of 138
latest reply

sjewelsdk
Community Member
please refer the text of clause 3 of use and win promotion "3. Users who increase their spend by over 50% over the last months spend (August'2005) will get a 90% cash back on their incremental spend subject to a maximum of Rs.10,000 per User (Rupees Ten Thousand Only). The benefit under the Promotion would be subject to the minimum entry criteria as specified above being achieved.
For eg: If a User has spent Rs. 5000/- (Rupees Five Thousand Only) on features in the month of August'05 and if the spend in September'05 is Rs.7500 (Rupees Seven Thousand Five Hundred Only) (50% higher) then seller gets a credit of Rs.2250 (Rupees Two Thousand Two Hundred and Fifty Only) (90% of the incremental amount)."

i want to confirm that this 10000 is the total credit that would be allowed per ebay id
please treat this as most urgent i.e if some one has featured 5000 in august and if he does a feature of 16000 this month then he is entitle to a credit of 10000 as per formula
16000-5000=11000 and its 90% is 10000 so a person who has spent 5000 in august and who spends 16000 in sept then he will be paying 16000-10000=6000 as feature fees by getting the credit of 10000
please reply to this
Message 129 of 138
latest reply

karmajewels
Community Member
It is almost IMPOSSIBLE to sell any jewelry item - Silver/Gold or gemstone

studded from any part of Gujarat through Ebay to International Market.

If I want to sell and item of Rs 50 to USA, these are the problems:

We assume that the seller has a Import Export code number and can receive

payment easily from the overseas buyer!

One cannot LEGALY ship Silver/Gold/Gemstone from any post office of Gujarat,

it is banned as per Navrangpura,Ahmedabad Post Office staff, The International

Post office at Shahibaug Ahmedabad inturn says to confirm with other post

office.

So we need to send it through courier, All Silver and Gold articles are

compulsory to be Custom Cleared from India by law.

Only UPS/ Fedex couriers are authorised to carry Silver, for Gold Fedex/ or Air

Cargo or Brinks Arya could carry it, their rates are even higher.

If we ship through UPS or Fededx (forget Air cargo) this are the charges:

Minimum Rs 800 for Custom Clearance to the clearing Agent for a single parcel

(Immaterial of the amount of the item is)

Minimum Rs 1200 or more for 500 grams. (By UPS couriers)
Compulsory Insuarance let us consider Rs 0.50 for an peice of Rs 50 of silver

jewelry.

A Valuation report is compulsory to attach for custom clearance : Minimum Rs 250

This comes out to Rs 2250.50 for custom clearance, valuation report , Insuarance

and Courier Charge.

So If someone sells an item of Silver worth Rs 50 (approx US$ 1.13) he has to

mention the shipping cost of Rs 2250.50 (US$ 51.2) !!!!

How many takers for a silver peice of $ 1.13 but pay $ 51.2 for shipping?!?

The same peice is easily shipped by Jaipur or Mumbai International Post Office.

The Post office Charges Rs 425 for 500 grams, you need to appoint a clearing

agent who would charge Rs 800, add Valuation Report Charge: Rs 250
Total shipping cost for a piece of silver: Rs 1475 (US$ 33.5)
Still more though quite less than shipped from Gujarat.

Does it make sense to sell inexpensive Silver Jewelry from India through ebay

where sellers on Ebay USA already sell peices at $ 2, $ 3 and so on? with shipping

costs $ 4, $ 5 so on!!!!????

CAN YOU GUIDE ME?!!?!?

If you can simplify sending jewelry through post as it happens through Ebay USA and Europe, Indian Ebay sellers could flood Ebay with inexpensive but quality jewelry.
Message 130 of 138
latest reply