cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online Workshop: Multiple changes in Returns, Warranty and eBay Guarantee*

Dear Sellers,

We are pleased to conduct a workshop on multiple changes in Returns, Warranty and eBay Guarantee*.
Please join our Product Manager – Santosh Rao to understand these changes in detail.

Workshop Time: 3 PM – 5 PM

Workshop Date: 22nd April 2013

Workshop Day: Monday

To participate in this thread, please click on post reply button. You can also post your question in advance. Hoping to see you here on 22nd April at 3 PM.

Regards,
Team eBay India.
Message 1 of 64
latest reply
63 REPLIES 63

Mr. rao what I actually referring to is given below, please given your comments on the same.

Just see the images given below, is this the right way to send guarantee emails.

When you are handing claims why is ebay not giving the complete details in the sent mail. Why is the mail sent like an SMS.

There is never any phone call from ebay, no mail to inform me about the item been returned, absolutely nothing and the refund is done to the buyer.

I would like to see some changes in the guarantee mail:

1. Complete name of the item under guarantee claim.
2. The buyer's name/contact number and date of sale.
3. The claim adjusters name and contact number(this is the most important factor-I work in the call center and cannot attend to calls in the day time and there is no number and name of the claim adjuster where I can call them so what to do ???)
4. Please include a "REPLY" button in the sent mails.

StopandShop
Message 31 of 64
latest reply

@rajelectroniks

Thank you for your feedback. Definitely some valid points around the image not being visible and level of detail. Most of the information you seek can be ascertained from the Paisapay id and the item id. The claim details can be check in the eBay Guarantee microsite using the Paisapay id and seeing status for the claim id.

Having said that there is definitely scope of making this more friendly so that acting on it can be faster. We have forwarded this to the concerned teams and we will get back to you. We will be checking more instances and getting back with resolutions
Message 32 of 64
latest reply

Mr. Rao this is the main problem, "you can see details here" and "you can see details there" why all this when you are sending the mail then why cannot you make the most of it and include all the details so that on the road or in the car I can have all the details at my disposal, I can call the buyer if needed and I can call the claim adjuster if I need. Why should it be that I have to reach for my laptop and go round in circles to get all the relevant data.

No rocket science is required in sending all the details in one single mail.

Mr Rao you may not like but I strongly feel that ebay is purposely making things difficult for sellers.
StopandShop
Message 33 of 64
latest reply

@rajelectroniks

We welcome and appreciate your honest feedback. Only through that we can make the best experience that works for everyone. I agree we can make the experience easier and we will endeavour to do so. Sometimes it is not possible to include all the details in the email in a coherent manner for e.g. the claims once being processed have a lot of updates from buyer, seller and agents.

Having said that there is definitely things there that we can make better and will try and do so.
Message 34 of 64
latest reply

Hello

I am very confused in understanding this new policy, You have mentioned returns tab will not be available from 29th and also you have mention that we cannot specify returns details in the listing description... then where can we specify it?? Buyer will only have the option to see "manufacturer warranty" or "Seller Warranty"???

Also you have mentioned that for new listings also we are advised not to specify returns....so therefore to edit the current listings the return and warranty tabs in the listings are combined, if we click to "no returns accepted" then the warranty section will also be automatically hidden. So how the buyer will know whether this product is having "manufacturer warranty" or "seller warranty"??
Message 35 of 64
latest reply

@eBay

We have just now sent an email to sellercare@ebay.com. Kindly check and reply to it at your earliest.

Also, we received the following emails from ebay in the past i.e.

1. "This is with regards to Claim 157847 and PaisaPay id: 32797762739

Please note that we are covering you under Seller Protection Program for this transaction and also refunding the buyer to close the claim.

09 January, 2013 4:47 PM"

2. "Action : Refund approved

Remarks : The reimbursement would be sent via Coupon on your register email address and you can expect to receive it within 3-4 business days, which is valid for 1 month.

24 January, 2013 1:00 PM"

3. "This is with regards to Claim No.164658 and PaisaPay id : 32970251501
Please note that we are covering you under Seller Protection Program for this transaction and also refunding the buyer to close the claim.

29 January, 2013 9:55 AM"

4. "This is with regards to Claim No. 166389 and PaisaPay id : 32948791612.

02 February, 2013 12:32 PM"

5. This is with regards to Claim No. 169581 and PaisaPay id : 33067275244.

13 February, 2013 12:47 PM"

We are still awaiting for the promised seller protection as seen in above emails in spite of repeated email reminders.

Kindly arrange for the needful at your earliest.

Thanks in advance.

:|
-------
Expect the best.

-------
Expect the best.
Message 36 of 64
latest reply

francis.jeniffer
Community Member
Thanks for the reply!!!
Can you please explain in depth? Also can you throw some light on the thresholds...and how much will the buyer be reimbursed if his reshipment charges goes above Rs. 400 ?
Message 37 of 64
latest reply

@krish2_infotech

Please also refer to the FAQs here http://pages.ebay.in/aboutebay/returns-faq.html for more details

Specifically on your two questions
1) The idea is that the buyer will no longer be confused with any returns conditions in the listings. eBay Guarantee will be the one message that goes out to the buyer.
2)Warranty will be made available as an item specific by Apr 29th. You can then choose the relevant warranty while listing which the buyer will be able to view.
Message 38 of 64
latest reply

Dear Sir,

Since few months, when new buyers are joining Ebay to buy, a new trend has cropped up. New buyers rarely leave Feedback to Sellers inspite of repeated reminders through Mail and Phone. It seems that they do not have idea how to leave Feedback, and importance of Feedback for Sellers. Many of them reply to our communication writing POSITIVE.

Statistics: Normally one out of 15 sales get feedback.

In last few month, with all good communications with buyers, buyers very rarely leave Feedback.

It proves, Ebay should think on this issue how to teach the buyers to leave Feedback and its importance.

One Solution coming to my mind:

Even after 30 days stipulated time for leaving Feedback, if the buyer do not leave Feedback, it should be presumed that buyer do not have any problem and an Auto Feedback should be given by Ebay.

Thanking You,
Message 39 of 64
latest reply

@francis.jeniffer

the thresholds for seller are mentioned in the announcement and further details and an example of replacement rates can be seen in the FAQs here
http://pages.ebay.in/aboutebay/returns-faq.html

On the buyer side there is not limit/threshold fixed. It is on case-case basis if the claim is genuine then eBay Guarantee will compensate the buyer appropriately.
Message 40 of 64
latest reply