cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online Workshop: Multiple changes in Returns, Warranty and eBay Guarantee*

Dear Sellers,

We are pleased to conduct a workshop on multiple changes in Returns, Warranty and eBay Guarantee*.
Please join our Product Manager – Santosh Rao to understand these changes in detail.

Workshop Time: 3 PM – 5 PM

Workshop Date: 22nd April 2013

Workshop Day: Monday

To participate in this thread, please click on post reply button. You can also post your question in advance. Hoping to see you here on 22nd April at 3 PM.

Regards,
Team eBay India.
Message 1 of 64
latest reply
63 REPLIES 63

smartservesolution
Community Member
Hi,

I wonder why in this world no one can have a neutral view. Why dont treat Seller and Buyer equally ?

All the points are in favor of the buyer. What policies or guideline are you all coming up for Ebay Auction ? Since Ebay takes its pie from the seller and even if the buyer is not paying for the item.

When sellers are selling products with very low profit margin how will they be paying for the reverse shipping in case of offering warranty ? This isnt going to make sellers happy.

Regards,
Sourav
Message 11 of 64
latest reply

mobishop786
Community Member
Plz tell me more about ebay new policies
Message 12 of 64
latest reply

Hi,

Would like to know more about this initiative. This is a good step in fact to bring more traffic to the site.
Message 13 of 64
latest reply

Dear Sir,

In below Paisapay ID we sent item by Speed Post and buyer claimed he didnot received. Ebay refunded the money to buyer very hurriedly.

Paisapay ID: 33123132589

I received the mail stating that Ebay Guarantee item 174204 has been approved and refund will be made to buyer. Reason shown:
ACTION-- NO RESPONSE FROM SELLER.
I strongly protest this reason shown by Ebay system. Please take note of following submission seriously.

I received a message under Ebay guarantee regarding non-receipt of the item. Thereafter on 25th Feb. I received " Item Received Confirmation mail " from the buyer and naturally I didnot require to take any action. Today suddenly, Mr Manish from Ebay and thereafter Priyanka called me and informed that buyer has not received item. I sent them scanned copy of the receipt mail and also requested to give 1-2 days so that I can contact Indiapost for status. Mr Manish was in great hurry to approve refund request and did the same. I told him that this is not USA or UK that I can confirm you the status of the parcel over phone. Under these circumstances, the reason shown by you as " NO RESPONSE FROM SELLER " is highly derogatory and I strongly protest this decision. To maintain our high ethical standard in Ebay we have resolved many issues inspite of financial losses but the present issue is very unfortunate and unwelcome.

I wrote this incident to Ebay for judicious solution but they even didnot cared to reply.

We had to incur a loss on this transaction.
Message 14 of 64
latest reply

Confirm our participation.
Message 15 of 64
latest reply

We would like to join this discussion. Please send us a reminder email one hour before this discussion starts. The policy is not yet clear to us, but if what we understand, that there is going to be returns for all cases even if the item matches the description and buyer suddenly changes his mood after receiving the item, then this is not fair. Further we also understand that if returns increases for our account, then powership will no longer pay for return shipping completely is totally unfair for we sellers. Right now, I have a eBay guarantee against me from a buyer who after ordering the item and my shipping it, just wrote to me that he wants to cancel the order. I asked him the reason and he replied that he returned the item. he ebay guarantee opened again me mentions that the item was not received by him. The paisapay id is 33518366706. Now how does eBay plan to handle such buyers with this attitude? They decide to cancle orde, and their eBay guarantees goes against me and against my account??? Please explain the policy clearly to me, otherwise even if there is some fairness in this policy for we sellers, it is not clearly understood to us.
Message 16 of 64
latest reply

confoirm
Message 17 of 64
latest reply

friend plz read policy and after happy.....
there are no more chance in feedback protection policy.

so claim down,on other hand again buyers are been compensated and pampered at the cost of the seller on ebay.
Message 18 of 64
latest reply

I would like to join but it should be on week-end.
And further more I want to say EBAY should not send mail to seller if buyer had not paid for the item saying "Your item has been sold Get ready to ship XXXXXXXX item after buyer pay for it."

I heard from new sellers that they had shipped the item on such mail from ebay. and there should be less time to open unpaid case also as now there is 5 DAYS time line to open such case and it must be done MANUALLY. It should be Automated as EBAY is improving now a day with newer policies towards BUYERs.

Another side of coin is SELLERS also.
Message 19 of 64
latest reply

srikanth_hegde
Community Member
Hello

Do eBay guarantees really work? I have been posting this messages for the last one month. However, eBay did not even send a courtesy message nor did its support persons on phone care to answer my questions. Even if they did, it was escapist and the just parried answering my questions.

I have posting this message for the last one month or so. Here is it again:

Please note EBay India: I will keep on posting this message until I get my Diwali Dhamaka gift item. This will be posted everyday.

Message starts
--------------------

This refers to the Diwali Dhamaka gift redemption issue. Here are the details of my purchase:

Sony Ericsson Xperia U (190755083191)
The PaisaPay ID for this transaction is 32487305173
Purchase Date: 18th November, 2012

Preferred gift item entered: Philips Go Gear MP3 Player.

I have already entered the choice of gift item in the redemption page. However, I am yet to receive that item even after February, 2013. What is happening to EBay? Please respond to my call. Are you interested in keeping commitment to your words? If you keep on doing this, people will lose trust in your business and trustworthiness.

srikanth_hegde

Message ends
------------------------

Would the support team look at this issue and solve my problem? Otherwise, e Bay might lose buyer's trust and interest. Hope to hear from you again.
Message 20 of 64
latest reply