cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online Workshop: Multiple changes in Returns, Warranty and eBay Guarantee*

Dear Sellers,

We are pleased to conduct a workshop on multiple changes in Returns, Warranty and eBay Guarantee*.
Please join our Product Manager – Santosh Rao to understand these changes in detail.

Workshop Time: 3 PM – 5 PM

Workshop Date: 22nd April 2013

Workshop Day: Monday

To participate in this thread, please click on post reply button. You can also post your question in advance. Hoping to see you here on 22nd April at 3 PM.

Regards,
Team eBay India.
Message 1 of 64
latest reply
63 REPLIES 63

Ok sir thank you for your reply,

Now I would like to bring to your kind attention the way your claim adjuster speak on the phone to the sellers, is there any hope of expecting some change in this matter or will this type of talking continue.

First, you have employed all commerce background people to solve technical issues and they do not understand head or tail of electronic items and above that the manner in which they speak is downright insulting and degrading for the seller.

Please see to it Mr. Rao that all your employees go through some kind of a speech therapy course so that the least they can do is to speak to the seller with some degree of respect and dignity and I don't think this is too much to ask for.
StopandShop
Message 41 of 64
latest reply

@sitare_jewels

We have been reviewing the feedback rates and have not seen a substantial decline at a site or seller level. Like you mentioned some of the best practices around feedback reminder, leaving feedback for the buyer etc. are used and usually yield results. Additionally transaction closure emails and my paisapay pages typically remind buyer to leave seller feedback for the transaction.

We will also check this with concerned teams here to see if there are more steps needed as part of new buyer education.
Message 42 of 64
latest reply

francis.jeniffer
Community Member
Thanks for the reply!!
What are the parameters on which the claim's genuinety is determined?
Message 43 of 64
latest reply

@eBay Seller Care

We also seek your assistance in regards to a feedback in which buyer stated “never received item”.

We would like to inform that we had sent buyer item by DTDC AWB Z83583441 and it is showing in transit on their website but somehow it got lost by them in transit.

We had already stated the following in our eBay listing i.e.

"If we are not able to deliver the item for any reason or in timelines acceptable to you then, your full money will be refunded through eBay without further delay.“

Hence, we refunded the buyer money through eBay and the buyer after receipt of his money, left negative feedback for us. We had already emailed to the buyer in this regard that since he has received his money back so if he wants then, he can place order to us again to get the desired item.

We lost the product, order amount was already deducted from our account and the negative feedback is further hurting our business for no fault of us.

We had already written mail to respective eBay authorities in this regard. Can you help us in removing the same as we have already complied to our ebay listing guidelines?

:|
-------
Expect the best.

-------
Expect the best.
Message 44 of 64
latest reply

Thank you for your reply. I hope, you understood my point. When a buyer do not confirm the receipt of item, Ebay treat it as confirmed and send email.

Likewise, if anu buyer do not leave feedback, after 30 days, ebay system should presume that buyer do not have any problem and auto feedback should be given by system.
Message 45 of 64
latest reply

@francis.jeniffer

It depends on the nature of the claim and details foudn from investigation done by agent. For e.g. POD, image of the product, other supporting details, proof of payment etc.
You can read up more on
http://pages.ebay.in/help/ebay-guarantee.html#terms
http://pages.ebay.in/help/ebay-guarantee.html
Message 46 of 64
latest reply

@tccindia,
Please write to hdeepanvita@ebay.com with all your specific queries and we will take them up.
Message 47 of 64
latest reply

Thank you everyone for the participation! As this is a big change and we want all queries answered, we will do another round of Q&A on the 25th of April, Thursday, between 3pm to 3.30pm. So, keep posting your queries.
Message 48 of 64
latest reply

please consider this while revising feedback policy
there are certain sellers who are completely depends on ebay sales as me.
we are successfully getting business over ebay but there are few policy which are seriously troubling our business,

flaws in ebay policies
considering 1rs product feedback equals to 1lak rupees product
a person purchase a pencil of cost 3rs, another person purchase a LCD tv of 1lak
both person feedback consider equally is wrong

1 in 25 buyers shows interest to leave positive feedback
but 1:1 buyers leave negative feedback

i mean if 25 person are happy with product, out 25 1 person leave feedback
if 25 person are unhappy with product all 25 person will show interest to give -ve feedback
this causing us alot of problems, if we mail or call buyer to remind about feedback
they start to scream at us, it make them irritate finally they give less rating for us instead of 5 stars

so if a buyer doesnt leave feedback, automated system on 50th day it should leave +ve feedback from buyer side.

buyers are very less knowledge how -ve feedback or rating affect sellers. i contacted many buyers regarding this, they say we din know it kills your account, sorry for that

giving +ve feedback and less rating purposely to kill accounts,
by manual tracking of feedback's and ratings, we can conclude who has given less rating for seller... we found it so many times..
few sellers has multiple accounts, they want to kill our business, and few idiot buyers doesn't know what happens if less rating given, and few idiot buyers give less rating without any reason.
in these cases even though we found less rating(1and 2 stars) given in a transaction but +ve feedback, this feedback will not be removed according to ebay policies..

u need to make such way, +ve feedback will not be able to give 1 and 2 ratings..

we eat food because of ebay, we respect it alot, but ebay policies are torchered us alot. if i was there in Mumbai was banging all policy maker ass or committing suicide of ebay.. many situations created directly or indirectly by ebay which made us to think to commit suicide..

i earned money as well as i lost money so many times for depending on ebay. just to say you example i m explain you a situation
valentines day 2013, i imported very good product invested 1 lak ruppes. expected very good sales but my account pulled down (below standards) for some idiot reason. because of that my product shown in search results at last. got very less sales.
i did not able to recover that loss till now, have 70,000rs stock with me now.
which can only sell on valentines day next year.
even after 3 months i did not able to increase my standards because of above problems.

fixed time to give feedback is a big problem for buyers..
let me tell u some fact. tablets are being sold by iberry (game master) and veedee
and few others are dirty quality 1 out of 10 gets a problem, always get problem in 2 or 3 months, when they call to customer support of buyer, they never respond properly
always ask money to do it, they mention 1 year warrenty in listings
alot of customers called me as i was selling tablets before asking to help them to resolve the issues..

buyers will give +ve feedback as soon after receiving product, but he face problem after a few months(under warranty period of product) but seller doesnt respond to them properly. he will not be able to open claim, neither change feedback nor do anything to express his problems towards sellers..

solution for this :
example : product A listed and mention as 1 year seller warranty
for that specific product, buyer should be able to change his feedback to -ve or nutral till that warranty period ends.
in this case, seller will give good service in the fear of feedback change,

black mailing to give -ve feedback..
a person purchased a product and asking for vat paid bill, i said i cant give as its not a product to give tax bill.. he started to say i give -ve feedback and all
later on some how i arranged and gave him bill to please him not to give -ve feedback

a person said i m un happy with ur product, give me something extra product or i give you -ve feedback,

you need to have a help team (as claim team) with experienced team members to investigate and resolve this kind of problems

poor ebay customer support. they just say we reply in 48 hours, but it sucks
i have proof to show you that, i got reply after a month, 45days for many queries.
dirty system, i never get on time reply from inrs/incs.
which made us loose our sales alot of times, which killed our business.
i experienced this more than 50 times till now
Message 49 of 64
latest reply

i am a gold powerseller , deals in electrnic cable connectors spareparts, pc and laptop accesories. in our type of portfolio longer warranty is not possible. i think my co-sellers are agree.

i started to make changes in our relisted or new listings itme with NO WARRNATY. hope other sellers will follow the same.. as we all are on same boat
Message 50 of 64
latest reply