seller cheating in Ebay india

Hi,

I have bought HCL ME tablet from seller. I have paid through credit EMI.After several days I did not receive any responce from seller.Now they asking form 50 from my end.I can not waste my time for these Form 50.I can easily buy this item from Flipkart but because I am regular  Ebay customer and faith bought these item from ebay.It is very unexpected that I am facing these problem from ebay.

Would request you to arrange to revert my credit card transaction.It is good lesson fro me to shop in ebay.

Thanks,

Amit Dutta

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

09nov68
Community Member

Dear Amit,

This form applies for interstate purchases applicable in certain states. Please refer to the following conditions by one of the e-bay seller:

"I do not ship to West Bengal. Buyers from West Bengal, Please do not buy this item. Incase you send payment it will be refunded minus refund cost, if any. Why I do not ship to West Bengal? Buyers from West Bengal have to provide a Form 50 which has to obtained from the Sales Tax dept. and send it to the seller. This form has to be attached to the goods while sending them to West Bengal. No buyer till date has sent the from and goods are seized by sales tax and seller have to pay penalties / loose the goods. Till laws in West Bengal are changed, I will not be able to ship any product to West Bengal. Octroi if applicable in your city will have to be paid by the BUYER. Couier may also levy service charge on Octroi Payment. Octroi is levied in certain cities of Maharashtra, Thane etc. & Not in pooper Mumbai as seller is also based in Mumbai. It is the duty of the buyer to ascertain the rate of Octroi and other formalities relating to Octroi in their cities."

I hope you understand this caveat. If your seller has not mentioned these conditions it is unfortunate. I guess you have the option of cancelling an order if you have made payment through paisa pay, as the credit to the seller happens only after material is received by you. You need to contact the seller to resolve this issue and get your remittance back since the item is yet to be shipped.

Best regards

Kushal

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

flip kart has a wearhouse in Kolkata.

Ebay sellers are situated outside Kolkata so this issue.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Thanks for ur reply.Though I have bought many items in ebay without this kind of sales tax isssue.Never mind,I have to switch then to Flipkart and other online shop.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply