Ebay Fooled Customers again

prithvi.singh
Community Member
By bringing the notout contest ebay has certainly fooled the customers again. From the first day the page to redeem gift appeared it had bugs that were left intentionally.

From that very day I knew customer will either wont be able to redeem gift or if they are able to redeem by clicking a link below to load page again (provided at bottom intentionally).

Now to most of the customers ebay will say you have not redeemed your gift. And they will ask you to send email and all and they will keep misguiding you.

I am web developer myself managing huge portals with vistors over 2 lacs per day so I know everything about web developement and whether bugs were left intentionally or not.

I am not saying this just without any reasons. I have proof to prove it.

So the clear message is if we dont get our gifts this time. Lets teach ebay a lesson. I will assist you in doing that. I know the exact way of doing this. For more details email me at prithvi.developer@gmail.com
Message 1 of 46
latest reply
45 REPLIES 45

eBay can certainly benefit with more transparency in case of gifts. this kinda issues always spring up after every promo. i, for one, have received every item i was eligible for so far but that does not mean every new promo does not leave me anxious as to whether i will get the next one or not.

in terms of not-out promo, i was able to redeem the gifts but so far i have not received even an email acknowledging my choices. this means i am totally in the dark as to whether my choice was accepted or not in the first place. all i have right now is trust from my previous experiences.

come on eBay, step up! anxious users (especially first timers) do not help your cause! any brand manager worth his salt will tell you this. -- Signature: I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.
-- Signature: I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.
Message 2 of 46
latest reply

prithvi.singh
Community Member
To more surprise on chat customer care executive told me I have not redeemed the gift and at phone another guy told me then don't have the details as yet as the details is with the marketing company who'll send the gifts.

Step Up Ebay
Message 3 of 46
latest reply

prithvi.singh
Community Member
How can they deny that I have not redeemed gift.

Please check the screenshot below

http://img94.imageshack.us/i/giftx.jpg/
Message 4 of 46
latest reply

There are lacs and crores of web-developers working in this country. I am really surprised that a person who claims to be managing "huge" portals denies of the technical issues.

Either you don't know anything about the web-development or you are just passing time here writing bad about eBay due to some of your life's frustration LOL
Message 5 of 46
latest reply

prithvi.singh
Community Member
@real.phoenix "I am not saying this just without any reasons. I have proof to prove it." If you need I can provide you too.

I think lots of customers here who have not got their gifts from past gift contests. So everytime there is a technical issue it seems.

I hope you are not paid to write in favor of ebay.
Message 6 of 46
latest reply

Prithvi Singh,

You seem to think irrelavent things too much.
Message 7 of 46
latest reply

I don't understand why you people demand gifts as if its your birth right. If you don't get it, forget it. You pay to the seller and get your item - why do you ask for more? You can't expect a gift from anyone if you have purchased once or twice on eBay and not spent more than few hundreds.
Message 8 of 46
latest reply

prithvi.singh
Community Member
Please check all real.phoenix replies in this forum. In every reply he is supporting ebay against all customers or buyers. Definitely he is paid by ebay for writing these things.

@real.phoenix
When ebay writes assured gifts its customer birth right for the transaction they make. Its hard earned money of customers dear its not freely paid by ebay to write good things for ebay as in your case.

I have nothing against you real.phoenix but please support transparency in all ebay processes.
Message 9 of 46
latest reply

linusstudios
Community Member
@ real. phoenix

gifts on eBay are not gifts as we perceive them in general. But they are part of the deal. There are many customers who shop on eBay just when these offers come. So they feel cheated if the free items are not given to them. I really don't agree with - "You can't expect a gift from anyone if you have purchased once or twice on eBay and not spent more than few hundreds " .

If one is eligible for some item free or as gift he should get it and that should be within the time frame. At least eBay should have a deadline and strictly follow it. We sellers are expected to send a product within 7 days and deliver it within time frame then why not eBay. Leaders always lead by examples.

Best Way out of this is in case the buyer does not gets his gift within the stipulated time line, he should have an immediate option of getting a redeemable voucher worth the market value of the item.

What say eBay? can you give this?, we sellers are made to refund the item value in case of non shipment or non delivery within the deadline. So why not you for free gifts. This will once for all end these problems of gift delivery.
Message 10 of 46
latest reply