cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PowerSeller Icon destroying my business .... HEL P please :(

Dear ebay,
Please help me. It has happened to me before also & is happening again.

As soon as the powerseller icon comes beside my ebay ID, business falls by more than 60%. I asked many foreign sellers about it & many regular customers too. This is what I got as the analysis:

The words POWER SELLER makes me look as if I am too big a seller to care about the small buyers, it makes buyers reluctant to deal with me because they think I won't care about them to provide personal service (which I do by the way). Many long time faithful buyers told me that they thought I became greedy & money minded once I started SHOWING OFF that I am a POWERFUL seller by having the POWER SELLER trophy, as if I cannot be touched because I am a Mafia Don like person.

Also, people are generally kind hearted, they always want to give business to a struggling person rather than a BOASTFUL WINNER who shows off that he is a POWERFUL seller / POWER SELLER.

The very words POWER SELLER bespeaks huuuuuuge arrogance, if it were LOYAL SELLER or TRUSTWORTHY SELLER or HONEST SELLER - it would increase business, but POWER SELLER is like saying "look you buyers, I am powerful, don't mess with me Grrrrrrr" ............. I am not like that & I want to just remain an ordinary HUMBLE seller.

Please remove the POWER SELLER icon or get me out of the program or at least tell me how I can get the system to remove me as soon as possible.

I am quickly losing my customer base & business as well. And the tone of the customers when sending emails is very frightened & serious rather than the jovial & informal language they used to use before I became a Power Seller 😞

I love my customers, please help me out 😞

Wishes,
Praveen
Message 1 of 43
latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

and-also
Community Member
TOP Seller is good or Recognized Seller or Top Rated or High Rated Seller, Power Seller Sends Wrong vibes and does send out wrong messages.
Message 11 of 43
latest reply

I too support your suggestion dear friends, HIGH RATED SELLER, MUCH LOVED SELLER or nice humble titles like that is so much better for ebay, sellers & buyers too 🙂
Message 12 of 43
latest reply

and-also
Community Member
Well what we can do is ask all powersellers to attest to this thread first, as whether they want the change of TITLE name to much more modern and friendly title , if we have lot of attestations, then we can forward this thread to sapna Madam hope she will do the needful, or we all can forward the thread to our account managers then,for that the thread should be alive and we should get maximum participation so eBay management knows the Community voice.
Message 13 of 43
latest reply

linusstudios
Community Member
Something simple like- Certified Seller or Trusted Seller will do.

This term should be one which sends message to buyer that
"you are safe to deal with this seller and expect high standards of service as this seller has continuously matched high standards"

Wherein "PowerSeller" currently give's buyers an impression that -
"This seller is very big, gets lots of orders and has lot of customers" and they perceive it as- "This seller is very big and does not gives personal care to his customers"

Sincerely hope someone listens this time.
Message 14 of 43
latest reply

The following names would be better alternates in our opinion i.e.

1. Top Rated Seller
2. Trusted Seller.

Also, we would like another logo to be implemented on ebay.in for registered businesses as seen on other ebay websites i.e.

3. Business Seller

:-)
-------
Expect the best.

-------
Expect the best.
Message 15 of 43
latest reply

How can we get as many powersellers to attest this thread as pointed out, without troubling anyone?
Message 16 of 43
latest reply

List of Suggestions given in this thread & also by customers :

1) Hard Working Seller
2) Humble Seller
3) Favorite Seller
4) TOP RATED Seller
5) TRUSTED SELLER
6) HIGH RATED SELLER

Also, one more customer pointed out one analysis:

No matter what logo is there, if there is ANY logo that suggests you are better than others in any way - then the customers may try to take advantage or simply try to test your honesty, because you are *honest* no?

Well, we can't be scared of a corrupt few & inconvenience the Good Hearted Majority no?

At least the option to display a logo or not should be given to us no?...it is only Democratic to give us a little choice 🙂
Message 17 of 43
latest reply

dsparklezz
Community Member
Top Rated Seller is a better option like in ebay.com

tcc.in , thats a good thought.I guess registered as a business account was somewhere visible earlier.
Message 18 of 43
latest reply

and-also
Community Member
Well keep this Post hottest and keep posting, slowly all sellers who support the cause will surely pour in.
Message 19 of 43
latest reply

I agree wholeheartedly, I am with you all dear friends.

Let us save ebay's and our businesses against wrong consumer perception. 🙂
Message 20 of 43
latest reply