cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PowerSeller Icon destroying my business .... HEL P please :(

Dear ebay,
Please help me. It has happened to me before also & is happening again.

As soon as the powerseller icon comes beside my ebay ID, business falls by more than 60%. I asked many foreign sellers about it & many regular customers too. This is what I got as the analysis:

The words POWER SELLER makes me look as if I am too big a seller to care about the small buyers, it makes buyers reluctant to deal with me because they think I won't care about them to provide personal service (which I do by the way). Many long time faithful buyers told me that they thought I became greedy & money minded once I started SHOWING OFF that I am a POWERFUL seller by having the POWER SELLER trophy, as if I cannot be touched because I am a Mafia Don like person.

Also, people are generally kind hearted, they always want to give business to a struggling person rather than a BOASTFUL WINNER who shows off that he is a POWERFUL seller / POWER SELLER.

The very words POWER SELLER bespeaks huuuuuuge arrogance, if it were LOYAL SELLER or TRUSTWORTHY SELLER or HONEST SELLER - it would increase business, but POWER SELLER is like saying "look you buyers, I am powerful, don't mess with me Grrrrrrr" ............. I am not like that & I want to just remain an ordinary HUMBLE seller.

Please remove the POWER SELLER icon or get me out of the program or at least tell me how I can get the system to remove me as soon as possible.

I am quickly losing my customer base & business as well. And the tone of the customers when sending emails is very frightened & serious rather than the jovial & informal language they used to use before I became a Power Seller 😞

I love my customers, please help me out 😞

Wishes,
Praveen
Message 1 of 43
latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

Ebay manager Mr. Milind has conveyed that, internally, ebay executives are already discussing this problem.

Let us hope that our suggestions are taken into consideration and...hopefully....just hopefully a solution can given that is better than what we all thought !!

:)
Message 21 of 43
latest reply

and-also
Community Member
Keep going, invite other sellers too, please sir, come down here and contribute towards what could be the tag line near your eBay id, this is your chance to get your voice recognised, please Sirs give your opinions.
Message 22 of 43
latest reply

I agree, I'll do my part to invite more sellers here to share their ideas and support the cause.

Is it ok to make a listing too?...or would it be against ebay rules?
Message 23 of 43
latest reply

TRUSTED SELLER AND TOP RATED SELLER IS A GOOD NAME,
..I THINK THIS IS THE RIGHT TIME.... EBAY PLS LOOK IN THIS MATTER
Message 24 of 43
latest reply

Yes, I too agree with TRUSTED SELLER, TOP SELLER may look more like a highly successful busy seller.

Also, instead of a trophy in the Icon, what can we have that makes us look humble, hard working, simple & trustworthy ?

A Smiley?
Message 25 of 43
latest reply

and-also
Community Member
Yes a smiley or lakshmi goddess or namaste icon is more indian and much more promising and humble, and sends the right vibes.
Message 26 of 43
latest reply

spl_ind
Community Member
Super Seller.
Message 27 of 43
latest reply

Hi all,

PowerSeller has been replaced by Top Rated Seller on eBay USA, UK and other international sites. And I think soon this will be implemented on eBay India too.

At present my status is of a Top Rated Seller on eBay USA depending upon my DSR and I may not be a Top Rated Seller next month if my DSR will decrease. So, now Top Rated Seller status will not remain permanently for a Seller if a seller achieves this status.

Best Regards,

Message 28 of 43
latest reply

This is the Top Rated Seller logo:

Message 29 of 43
latest reply

Thanks for posting the logo, dear friend.

I agree that something along the same lines need to be implemented on our ebay.in so that new buyers are not intimidated by a POWERSELLER icon
Message 30 of 43
latest reply