cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PowerSeller Icon destroying my business .... HEL P please :(

Dear ebay,
Please help me. It has happened to me before also & is happening again.

As soon as the powerseller icon comes beside my ebay ID, business falls by more than 60%. I asked many foreign sellers about it & many regular customers too. This is what I got as the analysis:

The words POWER SELLER makes me look as if I am too big a seller to care about the small buyers, it makes buyers reluctant to deal with me because they think I won't care about them to provide personal service (which I do by the way). Many long time faithful buyers told me that they thought I became greedy & money minded once I started SHOWING OFF that I am a POWERFUL seller by having the POWER SELLER trophy, as if I cannot be touched because I am a Mafia Don like person.

Also, people are generally kind hearted, they always want to give business to a struggling person rather than a BOASTFUL WINNER who shows off that he is a POWERFUL seller / POWER SELLER.

The very words POWER SELLER bespeaks huuuuuuge arrogance, if it were LOYAL SELLER or TRUSTWORTHY SELLER or HONEST SELLER - it would increase business, but POWER SELLER is like saying "look you buyers, I am powerful, don't mess with me Grrrrrrr" ............. I am not like that & I want to just remain an ordinary HUMBLE seller.

Please remove the POWER SELLER icon or get me out of the program or at least tell me how I can get the system to remove me as soon as possible.

I am quickly losing my customer base & business as well. And the tone of the customers when sending emails is very frightened & serious rather than the jovial & informal language they used to use before I became a Power Seller 😞

I love my customers, please help me out 😞

Wishes,
Praveen
Message 1 of 43
latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

and-also
Community Member
Hmmn well first i though what a weird request, well only thing they should work on is renaming the label, of POWER SELLER franchise to TRUSTED SELLER or well i am out of some good witty words, but power seller looks a bit too OLD, and not in groove with 2011 and upcoming years, looks a bit out of sync.
Message 2 of 43
latest reply

Top Rated Seller is much better. I know this because I am eTRS in all 3 groups of eBay sites.
Message 3 of 43
latest reply

@prodigy_techus

even i can see same happening to me

Since i got this powerseller my sale even decreased by 60% to 70%
Message 4 of 43
latest reply

yes absolutely right beerynxt4u...

Power seller name should be changed to TRUSTED SELLER on ebay....

this sounds good...
rgds
handicrafts_store
Store of indian handicrafts, arts and crafts....
Message 5 of 43
latest reply

I also feel like buyers keep away from 'Power seller's.
It should be renamed as 'Trusted seller' or some kind of 'trust seal' can be offered in some sites.
Apart from these, Ebay should bring awareness to buyers about the power sellers, because sellers need to offer a best customer service by sacrifice many things to keep the power seller status. Buy branded tools at cheaper prices from MACHPOWERtools
Buy branded tools at cheaper prices from http://stores.ebay.in/machpowertools
Message 6 of 43
latest reply

sn-shoppe
Community Member
Hi All

Many Buyer's Said Me They are unable to make Payment via paisa pay & my buyers also tried 2 time make payment via paisa pay but its not done then they call me & asking for other payment mode,

i think there is some problem is paisa pay due to that sale's are Very low

some time the paisa pay wont work properly then buyer ignore buy that item,

many buyers posted this problem in our community forum's also you can see here "

http://forums.ebay.in/thread.jspa?threadID=500006489&tstart=0&mod=1291409425484

http://forums.ebay.in/thread.jspa?threadID=300000828&tstart=0&mod=1289083753093

Regards lakshmi
"Sn-Shoppe"
:-)*~*Regards Sn-Shoppe*~*:-)
Message 7 of 43
latest reply

Dear friends,
Thank you so much for the support. How can we take this to ebay as a suggestion to rename POWER SELLER to TRUSTED SELLER or if Trusted Seller makes the regular sellers seem bad in comparison, maybe something like HIGH RATED SELLER & after that the highest honor being TOP RATED SELLER.

If nothing, at least they ought to give us the option to choose whether to display the POWER SELLER logo or not no?

It is only a humble request, I mean, if our business falls because of consumer perception, naturally ebay earnings from FVF *WILL* fall too...........we are only trying to save EBAY's BUSINESS first & then ours right?

How about a petition dear friends?

Regards,
Praveen
Message 8 of 43
latest reply

Power seller looks bit silly. Since buyer hates blokes showing POWER muscles, why not substitute 'POWER' by anything somewhat sober and meek. Who cares for a seller showing POWER!!!!
Message 9 of 43
latest reply

yes..TOP RATED SELLER AND HIGH RATED SELLER IS ALSO A GOOD NAME..INSTEAD OF POWER SELLER...
POWER SELLER NAME IS NOT GOOD AND EBAY SHOULD CHANGE A NAME TO TRUSTED SELLER / TOP RATED SELLER / HIGH RATED SELLER...
Message 10 of 43
latest reply