cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PowerSeller Icon destroying my business .... HEL P please :(

Dear ebay,
Please help me. It has happened to me before also & is happening again.

As soon as the powerseller icon comes beside my ebay ID, business falls by more than 60%. I asked many foreign sellers about it & many regular customers too. This is what I got as the analysis:

The words POWER SELLER makes me look as if I am too big a seller to care about the small buyers, it makes buyers reluctant to deal with me because they think I won't care about them to provide personal service (which I do by the way). Many long time faithful buyers told me that they thought I became greedy & money minded once I started SHOWING OFF that I am a POWERFUL seller by having the POWER SELLER trophy, as if I cannot be touched because I am a Mafia Don like person.

Also, people are generally kind hearted, they always want to give business to a struggling person rather than a BOASTFUL WINNER who shows off that he is a POWERFUL seller / POWER SELLER.

The very words POWER SELLER bespeaks huuuuuuge arrogance, if it were LOYAL SELLER or TRUSTWORTHY SELLER or HONEST SELLER - it would increase business, but POWER SELLER is like saying "look you buyers, I am powerful, don't mess with me Grrrrrrr" ............. I am not like that & I want to just remain an ordinary HUMBLE seller.

Please remove the POWER SELLER icon or get me out of the program or at least tell me how I can get the system to remove me as soon as possible.

I am quickly losing my customer base & business as well. And the tone of the customers when sending emails is very frightened & serious rather than the jovial & informal language they used to use before I became a Power Seller 😞

I love my customers, please help me out 😞

Wishes,
Praveen
Message 1 of 43
latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

Dear friend, you can only give good service IF the customer opts for you, otherwise service cannot be forced down one's throat, now can it?

My request is so simple, I do not wish to have this privilege.

Remember the story of the French Admiral in the Napoleonic war, wore all his medals & honors on him during battle, got the special attention of the enemy & killed instantly.

In business, I don't want to make the same mistake - just want to be another seller earning his living, not some superstar seller. PEACE
Message 41 of 43
latest reply

and-also
Community Member
But eBay what is Holding you in Discording the archaic PowerSeller status to TOPSELLER status LOGO, all the sellers are attesting here, who are vocal eBay sellers, now what is holding you back to stick with an older system of appealation, when we sellers itself donot like the same, and pyschologically also it affects the buyers and sellers relation, and also powersellers logo status does require makeover to keep up with the new trend of seller community and enviornment.

Lifecycle of Power seller logo is long past due.
Message 42 of 43
latest reply

Very true, the life cycle of POWERSELLER icon is up - we need something better now, it has been here too long & definitely does not portray the seller in a honest,trustworthy, hardworking way - all it does is talk about POWER.

Wrong message to send to buyers
Message 43 of 43
latest reply