cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

PayPal Notification: Reversed Transaction

stylish_india
Community Member
I got this shocking mail from paypal and my hard earned money is back in my buyer's paypal a/c .. this email states :
Your payment of 144 USD has been sent back to the sender of the payment.

We reversed this payment because we have stopped allowing personal payments to be sent to or from India.

If this was a payment for a purchase of goods or services, and not a personal payment, then you may contact the buyer and have him or her resend the payment as follows: (a) click the Send Money tab, (b) select "Goods," and (c) provide a shipping address.

If this payment was a personal payment such as a gift, then we have requested that the sender find another payment method until we restore personal payments to and from India.

We are trying to resolve this issue as quickly as possible and we're sorry for any inconvenience.

Thank you,
PayPal

There was two mail till now - one is of 144 4USD and another is of 148 USD

My question here is - Is the buyer going to pay me again - specially when I have shipped the product and he has got the product ?? Why will he pay me now ?? Uski to party ho gayi but what about me and my all hard earned money ?? I don't understand why paypal is calling my payment as a personal payment while my account is premier paypal a/c - paypal cuts the fee even if we get 1 Usd ..
Paypal should have atleast asked for the tracking information, tracking numbers and in this way should have given back my hard earned money. I am really upset with all this and want to know -- are there any other user who is also suffering from this same thing ?? What are the views of other users on this. There was no announcement from paypal regarding this and all of a sudden this type of mail and the deduction of money from paypal a/c ... this is really really disturbing.

Custom Logo

Custom Logo

Message 1 of 65
latest reply
64 REPLIES 64

Anonymous
Not applicable
Dear Community Members,

Weโ€™re going to restore the amount of your recent attempted withdrawal back into your PayPal balance so that you can know your money is safe in your account. You should see the balance restored within 24 hours. Some of you may have already seen this restored amount reflecting in your PayPal accounts.

In addition, you will see another reimbursement of any withdrawal fees charged. We will ensure that you are not adversely affected by currency fluctuations during the last week. This additional reimbursement(s) should cover the difference between the attempted withdrawal-amount and the amount-restored by PayPal into your accounts.

Regards,
The eBay India team
On behalf of PayPal

Message 31 of 65
latest reply

Finally Paypal has come out with a response:

https://www.thepaypalblog.com/2010/02/update-on-paypal-situation-in-india/

Itโ€™s Anuj from the comms team here again.

Following on from my blog post on Saturday, Iโ€™ve received a number of questions about the situation in India and I thought itโ€™d be best to simply answer the questions in a blog post.

Here are answers to the top questions Iโ€™ve received:

1. Why did you suspend local bank transfers and personal payments to and from India?

We temporarily suspended these services to respond to enquiries from the Indian regulators, specifically questions on whether personal payments constitute remittances into India.

Weโ€™re working with the regulators and our bank processing partners in India to get this resolved as quickly as we can. We realize that this is causing considerable inconvenience to our customers and I want to reassure you that this is a top priority for the leadership at PayPal

2. When will personal payments be turned back on?

The regulators recently let PayPal know about revised licensing rules that we are now actively engaged in securing. Personal payments to and from India will be suspended for at least a few months until we fully resolve the questions from the Indian regulators.

3. When will local bank withdrawals be available?

Customers should be able to withdraw their funds to a local bank within the next few days. In the meantime, weโ€™re going to restore the money into the PayPal accounts of any customers in India who have initiated a recent withdrawal, so they know that the money is safe in their accounts. Customers will also be reimbursed for any withdrawal fee charges.

4.The PayPal reversal has left me with a negative balance. What shall I do?

If you bought something or transferred money out of your PayPal account to your bank account before we reversed the payment then you may be left with a negative balance.

If this was a payment for a purchase of goods or services, you should contact the sender and have him or her resend the payment as follows:

(a) click the Send Money tab, and

(b) select โ€œpurchase.โ€

If this was a personal payment, then the sender will need to find another payment method until we restore the service. Weโ€™re sorry about this.

If you canโ€™t recover the funds from the sender, you can bring your PayPal balance current by logging in to the PayPal account and clicking the โ€œResolve Negative Balanceโ€ link on the Account Overview page.

5. My payment was reversed but it was not a personal payment. What happened?

Only personal payments should have been reversed. Customers who believe that their payments were reversed in error should request that the payment be sent again by following the steps above (click the Send Money tab and select โ€œpurchase.โ€)

If you are still having problems, please contact PayPal customer support

I hope that this helps clear up some of the confusion around the situation in India and Iโ€™d like to take the opportunity to personally apologize on behalf of PayPal for the inconvenience that this is causing our customers.

Anuj

----------------
Devesh
Message 32 of 65
latest reply

stylish_india
Community Member
You are awesome Devesh:-)

Custom Logo

Custom Logo

Message 33 of 65
latest reply

Dear Mr Sushant and ebay team,
Thank you very much.I knew you will protect us.
Hope you do it in a few days so that confidence is restored.We are the best and cleanest internet community.I am proud to be a part of it.I shall make ebay great.
Truly,
Amitava
Message 34 of 65
latest reply

Dear Sushant,
Please kindly provide a reply to my question.

Best Regards,
Deep Agarwal
Shree Krishna Gems

Message 35 of 65
latest reply

everything4u84
Community Member
Hello Guys,
As per update from Anuj Paypal spoke person, Withdrawal issue will be resolve in few days.At last some one from paypal reply to our quries ๐Ÿ™‚ check this link.

Regards,
Priya.
Message 36 of 65
latest reply

Hi all,

I withdrew a sum of GBP300.00 on 5th Feb to my HDFC Bank account and on 9th Feb I saw that the withdrawal has been reversed and GBP279.95 has been credited to my account. Calculation was done with respect to Rupee Converstion thus a loss of Rs. 1417.00. This is unfair. Reversed amount should be in the same currency that was withdrawn.

Regards,

Message 37 of 65
latest reply

At this stage,

Doesn't provide any valuable input.
Message 38 of 65
latest reply

Dear eBay team,

I have wasted a lot of money trying to get an answer from PayPal customer care center. Rs 1478.00 to be precise. All I get is a monotonous and canned type response with absolutely no valuable input.

We don't know PayPal because they have no office in India and if it is, we don't know how to contact them.

It is a pity that PayPal being such a big organization is doing business with such careless attitude towards its Indian customers.

From all this, now it seems that India sellers doesn't exist for PayPal at all.

Now you please suggest, how should the Indian sellers do business?

Best Regards,
real.phoenix
Message 39 of 65
latest reply

Dear eBay India Team,

I apologize to you for speaking rudely with you on phone. I was just frustrated and ventilated PayPal's frustration over you.

I am aware that you are doing your best to resolve this issue and in this hour of crisis, you are the only people who are providing us updates and working to resolve the issue.

Please accept my apologies for the phone conversation I had with you on 10th Feb.

Kind Regards,
real.phoenix
Message 40 of 65
latest reply