cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

PayPal Notification: Reversed Transaction

stylish_india
Community Member
I got this shocking mail from paypal and my hard earned money is back in my buyer's paypal a/c .. this email states :
Your payment of 144 USD has been sent back to the sender of the payment.

We reversed this payment because we have stopped allowing personal payments to be sent to or from India.

If this was a payment for a purchase of goods or services, and not a personal payment, then you may contact the buyer and have him or her resend the payment as follows: (a) click the Send Money tab, (b) select "Goods," and (c) provide a shipping address.

If this payment was a personal payment such as a gift, then we have requested that the sender find another payment method until we restore personal payments to and from India.

We are trying to resolve this issue as quickly as possible and we're sorry for any inconvenience.

Thank you,
PayPal

There was two mail till now - one is of 144 4USD and another is of 148 USD

My question here is - Is the buyer going to pay me again - specially when I have shipped the product and he has got the product ?? Why will he pay me now ?? Uski to party ho gayi but what about me and my all hard earned money ?? I don't understand why paypal is calling my payment as a personal payment while my account is premier paypal a/c - paypal cuts the fee even if we get 1 Usd ..
Paypal should have atleast asked for the tracking information, tracking numbers and in this way should have given back my hard earned money. I am really upset with all this and want to know -- are there any other user who is also suffering from this same thing ?? What are the views of other users on this. There was no announcement from paypal regarding this and all of a sudden this type of mail and the deduction of money from paypal a/c ... this is really really disturbing.

Custom Logo

Custom Logo

Message 1 of 65
latest reply
64 REPLIES 64

stylish_india
Community Member
Dear Sushant
Thanks for your reply. The thing is I am very much scared of more paypal reversal mails. See only one of my buyer has paid - you can't be sure that a buyer will repay you again specially when he knows that the product has been shipped - this is the main problem which I am handling right now.

Custom Logo

Custom Logo

Message 11 of 65
latest reply

stylish_india
Community Member
Hi Zaman
Thanks for your suggestion but currently I want my funds back and that too from my buyer which is making the situation more tough:-(

Custom Logo

Custom Logo

Message 12 of 65
latest reply

Hi,
Funny things taking place.
First the reversal.
Then no credit to bank account.
My question is:
1)Do I not transfer to my bank and wait till transfer to bank becomes normal?
2)Do I stop listing with PayPal button till things fall in place?
What other sellers suggest?

@Mr Sushant,
Dear sir,we want a clear guideline.
1)If PayPal does not function properly,why should we list at international sites with PayPal button?
2)Why not let us use PaisaPay at international sites?
Please protect us.
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava

PS:I feel very nervous
Message 13 of 65
latest reply

Hello,
There must be a prior notice by PayPal before such action was taken. We sellers had no idea about this.

Many sellers including me are victim of this and now it seems we are at the mercy of the buyers.

Also as Sushant said "Request for money from PayPal using the โ€˜Create and Invoiceโ€™ that will be for the
Exchange of goods and services.

But as far as I know, Even we accept money by the above mention method, We sellers are no way protected from Unauthorized payment or any seller protection, Which being a eBay seller and receiving payment for eBay items we should get.

Now receiving money through PayPal is too risky but most of the international buyers prefer PayPal.

I hope to get some input from experienced member and eBay.

Best Regards,
Deep Agarwal.
Shree Krishna Gems

Message 14 of 65
latest reply

*deals
Community Member
Dear Sushant,

Thanks for the update but how long will it take??

If there are more withdrawl delays - I foresee the following :

We are receiving the payments and have received payment. My withdrawls are pemding from 20th Jan.
Initially I thought its some temporary issue so I used up all my personal money.

Nothing in hands now.
Paypal money is pending.

My orders are pending dispatch since one week.
By next week, disputes will start coming.
Paypal claims will start coming.

I will have to refund (forcefully).
If more disputes - less buyer satisfaction Low DSR.
Low search standings - Low business.

Why is this??
Ebay asks us for prompt service but who will be responsible for this delay?

What about negative feedbacks if we get?

With nothing in bank and nothing in paypal account if the claim is raised, paypal will deduct amount from CC.
The CC defaulter cycle is a different story again.

No fees will be paid and for non payment Ebay will suspend the account. Business closed...

For you it could be easy to ask "Be Patient"

Its already been 15 days when I initiated my first withdrawl.

What do you think Sushant??
Message 15 of 65
latest reply

stylish_india
Community Member
Hi shree_krishna_gems
It's really sad to know. Moreover there is no solution to this problem till now. Also I am afraid to withdraw my funds from paypal by seeing other posts. When there is any kind of change in India then we used to get the updates in advance - actually before 3 - 4 months - so that we can prepare ourselves for the situation and in this situation we are forced to adapt the policy suggested by Paypal - contact buyer and ask him to pay .. Atleast they should be kind enough to us by asking the tracking information and providing our money back to our a/c. For me - personally speaking - I was never happy with Paypal - and never comfortable - it is just my buyer who is comfortable and I only had to adjust with the situation to keep my buyer happy and in return - what I am getting ??

Custom Logo

Custom Logo

Message 16 of 65
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
Dear All,

There have been questions that sellers like you have asked us either here on these boards or of the account managers/customer service representatives. Find below answers to these:

โ€ข What are exact timelines for issue to get resolved?
While we are working closely with the PayPal team to resolve this as soon as possible, we unfortunately do not have any specific timelines to share at this point.

โ€ข Is PaisaPay also impacted?
We would like to make it very clear that PaisaPay continues to be absolutely safe and there are no issues with paying through PaisaPay. PaisaPay remittances shall continue as per schedule. Also, PaisaPay accepts International credit cards.

โ€ข Can I bypass PayPal for receiving payments from my buyers?
Some of our sellers accept Postal Orders/Cheques and other forms of payment. Neither eBay India nor PayPal will be able to guarantee performance of these services in any way. We strongly advise all our sellers to use the โ€˜Request Money -> Send Invoiceโ€™ option to accept payment from their buyers.

โ€ข What about negative ratings due to delayed shipping?
We advise all our sellers to continue to list their items and ship to international buyers as they as always have. We would advise our sellers to not delay their shipments.

โ€ข Should we continue to ship & receive money to our PayPal account?
We advise all our sellers to continue to list and sell their items to international buyers without any fear. We foresee this issue being resolved very soon and would advise you to not alter your selling strategy.

โ€ข Buyers who transferred money choosing Personal payment got reversed but I have shipped items, what if buyers do not pay again?
In cases where the buyer has transferred your payment via P2P (person-to-person) method and you have shipped the item already, we would like you to first request the buyer to transfer the money again choosing the โ€˜goods/servicesโ€™ option in PayPal. Considering the buyer has already noticed that his payment has been credited to his account, you would be right in asking for a payment again.

If you have anymore questions, please feel free to post them here or reach out to your account managers.

Regards,
The eBay India team
Message 17 of 65
latest reply

azim.ali
Community Member
The sellers who are doing a huge business and don't have enough working capital should ideally remove their listings rather than delaying the shipping.

If the shipping is delayed, it will result in INR disputes as well as negative feedbacks and a lot of unwanted communication from the buyers. That would give more stress to the sellers.

So it is better to remove all the listings and have a short vacation instead of getting frustrated.

All the sellers who have been doing business on eBay are aware that eBay and PayPal are great companies and the issue will be resolved sooner or later.
Message 18 of 65
latest reply

azim.ali
Community Member
A lot of sellers are watching this section and may be stressed on reading that the payments are reversed.

I just like to remind you all that only the Personal payments are reversed. If the payment was made against a purchase of a tangible item such as eBay listed items, then those payments are NOT REVERSED.

Ethical sellers on eBay need not worry. Only those who circumvent eBay fees by asking P2P payments should worry.
Message 19 of 65
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for those posts azim.ali!

As you said, this issue is going to be resolved sooner than later. And in light of this, I wouldn't advise sellers to remove their listings for fear of negative feedback due to delay in shipping, etc. After all, a sale is a sale and through proactive communication with the buyer, such feedback can be avoided by the seller.

What do you say?
Message 20 of 65
latest reply