cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

PayPal Notification: Reversed Transaction

stylish_india
Community Member
I got this shocking mail from paypal and my hard earned money is back in my buyer's paypal a/c .. this email states :
Your payment of 144 USD has been sent back to the sender of the payment.

We reversed this payment because we have stopped allowing personal payments to be sent to or from India.

If this was a payment for a purchase of goods or services, and not a personal payment, then you may contact the buyer and have him or her resend the payment as follows: (a) click the Send Money tab, (b) select "Goods," and (c) provide a shipping address.

If this payment was a personal payment such as a gift, then we have requested that the sender find another payment method until we restore personal payments to and from India.

We are trying to resolve this issue as quickly as possible and we're sorry for any inconvenience.

Thank you,
PayPal

There was two mail till now - one is of 144 4USD and another is of 148 USD

My question here is - Is the buyer going to pay me again - specially when I have shipped the product and he has got the product ?? Why will he pay me now ?? Uski to party ho gayi but what about me and my all hard earned money ?? I don't understand why paypal is calling my payment as a personal payment while my account is premier paypal a/c - paypal cuts the fee even if we get 1 Usd ..
Paypal should have atleast asked for the tracking information, tracking numbers and in this way should have given back my hard earned money. I am really upset with all this and want to know -- are there any other user who is also suffering from this same thing ?? What are the views of other users on this. There was no announcement from paypal regarding this and all of a sudden this type of mail and the deduction of money from paypal a/c ... this is really really disturbing.

Custom Logo

Custom Logo

Message 1 of 65
latest reply
64 REPLIES 64

stylish_india
Community Member
Please help me community, Ebay -- this is my hard earned money :-(

Custom Logo

Custom Logo

Message 2 of 65
latest reply

i too am victim

i have 25000 usd negative balance in my paypal account now as paypal has reversed all my funds

I WILL FIGHT THIS CASE LEGALLY FOR MENTAL TENSION AND FINANCIAL LOSS i have sent them my mail and fax awaiting their response till monday.

i just cannot imagine how a big company like paypal can do this all of a sudden "Lord, I have done many things wrong. I am guilty, but to show your goodness, forgive me for everything I did. When people choose to follow the Lord, he shows them the best way to live.โ€
ยท:*ยจยจ*:ยท.Godยท:*ยจยจ*:ยท.Blessยท:*ยจยจ*:ยท.Usยท:*ยจยจ*:ยท.Allยท:*ยจยจ*:ยท.
"Lord, I have done many things wrong. I am guilty, but to show your goodness, forgive me for everything I did. When people choose to follow the Lord, he shows them the best way to live.โ€
ยท:*ยจยจ*:ยท.Godยท:*ยจยจ*:ยท.Blessยท:*ยจยจ*:ยท.Usยท:*ยจยจ*:ยท.Allยท:*ยจยจ*:ยท.
Message 3 of 65
latest reply

stylish_india
Community Member
Ooo God .. I have just sent a mail to Paypal and waiting for their response. This cannot be done to us. We didn't do any crime - I am not going to tolerate this

Custom Logo

Custom Logo

Message 4 of 65
latest reply

stylish_india
Community Member
Read this - http://www.techground.net/2010/02/paypal-notification-reversed-transaction/

Custom Logo

Custom Logo

Message 5 of 65
latest reply

stylish_india
Community Member
http://www.techcrunch.com/2010/02/05/paypal-halts-india/

http://www.pluggd.in/paypal-india-outage-no-payments-to-or-from-india-297/.

Internet is filled with it

Custom Logo

Custom Logo

Message 6 of 65
latest reply

stylish_india
Community Member
Hi
Ok here is an update :
One of my buyer paid me. Thank God there are good buyers ( He knows that I have shipped the item )but don't know what will happen next about the other buyer and I don't want any more reversal from Paypal mail.

Custom Logo

Custom Logo

Message 7 of 65
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
Dear stylish_india,

We are sorry to hear that the payment by your buyer has been sent back to the buyer while you have shipped the product already.

PayPal has currently suspended P2P (person-to-person) transfers to and from PayPal India accounts, i.e. specifically those funds transfers that do not have an underlying exchange of goods or services.

In this specific instance, because the buyer did not choose to select the option of either goods/services or eBay items and chose to pay directly โ€“ the transaction may have been identified as a P2P transfer by PayPal and therefore reversed. PayPal suggests that you should contact your buyer immediately and ask them to pay again, selecting - Goods - as the reason for payment. Since the buyer would have received the refund, they will know that you have not received the money and that you are justified in asking the buyer to re-send the payment.

Such instances of buyers choosing the P2P option to make payment for an item are very rare as most buyers choose the goods/services or eBay item options.

A member of our Customer Support team will be reaching out to you to understand and address your concerns.

In the future, to ensure all your transactions with international buyers go through without any hindrance, we strongly advise all our sellers to:
a. Request for money from PayPal using the โ€˜Create and Invoiceโ€™ option and NOT the โ€˜Create a money requestโ€™ option
b. Inform the buyer to use the options present in the invoice sent by you to make the payment โ€“ so the payment is clearly identified as an exchange of goods and services

Regards
The eBay India team
Message 8 of 65
latest reply

Hi,

Sorry to know about your reversed funds. I think if you get your account changed to Business then it will be safe. I have a Business account and have not faced such problems yet.

Regards,

Message 9 of 65
latest reply

cosycom
Community Member
Hi Zamaan , I have also business account with Paypal . I have about 5 withdrawl requests pending for transfer to my ICICI account since 28th Jan . My paypal account status shows that all transfers are completed ( sent to my bank account) , but none of them is credited in my ICICI account till date.

No payment revesals shown yet but situation is very uncertain , since messages from ebay staff are also not very satisfactory .....:-( . Root cause for the trouble is not yet revealed by them.

Hope everything will be fine soon.

Regards

Narinder
Message 10 of 65
latest reply