cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

PayPal Notification: Reversed Transaction

stylish_india
Community Member
I got this shocking mail from paypal and my hard earned money is back in my buyer's paypal a/c .. this email states :
Your payment of 144 USD has been sent back to the sender of the payment.

We reversed this payment because we have stopped allowing personal payments to be sent to or from India.

If this was a payment for a purchase of goods or services, and not a personal payment, then you may contact the buyer and have him or her resend the payment as follows: (a) click the Send Money tab, (b) select "Goods," and (c) provide a shipping address.

If this payment was a personal payment such as a gift, then we have requested that the sender find another payment method until we restore personal payments to and from India.

We are trying to resolve this issue as quickly as possible and we're sorry for any inconvenience.

Thank you,
PayPal

There was two mail till now - one is of 144 4USD and another is of 148 USD

My question here is - Is the buyer going to pay me again - specially when I have shipped the product and he has got the product ?? Why will he pay me now ?? Uski to party ho gayi but what about me and my all hard earned money ?? I don't understand why paypal is calling my payment as a personal payment while my account is premier paypal a/c - paypal cuts the fee even if we get 1 Usd ..
Paypal should have atleast asked for the tracking information, tracking numbers and in this way should have given back my hard earned money. I am really upset with all this and want to know -- are there any other user who is also suffering from this same thing ?? What are the views of other users on this. There was no announcement from paypal regarding this and all of a sudden this type of mail and the deduction of money from paypal a/c ... this is really really disturbing.

Custom Logo

Custom Logo

Message 1 of 65
latest reply
64 REPLIES 64

azim.ali
Community Member
Well Sushant,

Why I would prefer the listings to be removed is because the sellers may not have enough money to ship the items. Most of the powersellers sellers on ebay.in are retailers so there is no problem of inventory but they may not have enough money to ship items worldwide. An average international seller would need about Rs 5000.00 to Rs 7000.00 on daily basis just for shipping the items if they sell around 15 items a day. If the money is held up like this, a prudent seller won't prefer to sell because no one would wish to get their money blocked in a company that doesn't bother to provide any clarity to its customers.

Sushant, its very easy to give theoretical advice but you tell me, why would a seller block their 10 to 15 thousand rupees on daily basis? Just 10 day delay will make it Rs 1 lakh!!

PayPal didn't inform this in advance. Why? Because they didn't want to loose their commission on eBay sales. had they informed in advance, the sellers would have removed their listings!

eBay representatives will never ask the sellers to remove their listings as it will be a loss to eBay in form of FVF and listing fees. An average international seller pays a fee of Rs 20000 per month. Even if 500 sellers remove their listing for 1 month, then it will be a loss of eBay for Rs 1 crore!! So you are doing a good job if you aren't advising sellers to remove their listings!!
Message 21 of 65
latest reply

Dear Sushant,
Thanks for your input on the issue.

But I will appreciate if you can clarify that even we sellers accept money by your mention method.

Are we sellers protected from unauthorized payment or have any seller protection? (Which being an eBay seller and receiving payment for eBay items should receive)

Please note that earlier there was an option of sending PayPal request for a eBay item and we used to get protection as the fund received was for eBay item.

But now the option of sending money request for eBay item had disappear.

I hope for a quick response from you.

Best Regards,
Deep Agarwal.
Shree Krishna Gems

Message 22 of 65
latest reply

e.jewel
Community Member
Please note that earlier there was an option of sending PayPal request for a eBay item and we used to get protection as the fund received was for eBay item.

But now the option of sending money request for eBay item had disappear.
Message 23 of 65
latest reply

e.jewel
Community Member
Dear Sushant,

Kindly reply.
Message 24 of 65
latest reply

azim.ali
Community Member
Dear stylish_india,

I have tried to answer your queries as under. This may also help other sellers:

Regarding your Fund Reversal query:

You got the shocking fund reversal email from PayPal because it is likely that for such transaction, your buyer might have used the P2P way of paying to you. Please don't mind, but many sellers ask their regular buyers who have full faith in them (sellers) to pay directly. The sellers do this to circumvent eBay FVF. The reversal of funds will occur only if there is no tangible item. The funds would definitely not get reversed in any other case.

Now to your next question: Having a Premier PayPal a/c

A premier a/c is just like a 3 tier a/c ticket. It provides few more facility but the same level of security and customer service. A premier or a business account holder doesn't get better services, sane responses or more security from PayPal. Please don't expect such wonders. Most of the sellers have a premier a/c. A business a/c offers even more facilities than a premier a/c but no more service or security than an ordinary a/c.
You can consider PayPal as a train. If the train meets an accident, it is not guaranteed that the 3 tier a/c people won't get hurt. Anyone and everyone can be affected. Same is the case with PayPal a/c holders.

Now to your third question: Will the buyers pay you back?

Well, eBay believes people are basically good and I have found 50% of them really are. So you have good chances to receive the re-payments.

While making a re-payment request, you will have to draft very lucid and very very very simple responses to your customers to make them understand about the issue that caused the payment reversals. With the little experience that I have on eBay, I have found that the buyers from other places in the world (so called advanced countries like USA, UK, Australia and Canada) don't look on the item description properly and ask foolish questions most of the time. They will ask you the cost of multiple item shipping price but won't know how to enter the quantity and calculate it themselves. They will ask you the delivery time and expect delivery in 2 days which would actually be your shipping and handling time. So, my point is, try to explain the buyers in the most easiest way considering their level of intelligence and understanding.

Most of the buyers on eBay don't know how to look at their PayPal accounts properly or they even don't know how to change their eBay or PayPal a/c passwords. So please take care and explain in detail. You may also provide the threads of this community discussion boards to make them understand that the payments were INDEED reversed. Best of Luck

Regards,
Ali
Message 25 of 65
latest reply

I found eBay team very helpful in handling this matter.
They are doing their best to help me.

THANKS SO MUCH NAVEEN FOR ALL YOUR HELP. "Lord, I have done many things wrong. I am guilty, but to show your goodness, forgive me for everything I did. When people choose to follow the Lord, he shows them the best way to live.โ€
ยท:*ยจยจ*:ยท.Godยท:*ยจยจ*:ยท.Blessยท:*ยจยจ*:ยท.Usยท:*ยจยจ*:ยท.Allยท:*ยจยจ*:ยท.
"Lord, I have done many things wrong. I am guilty, but to show your goodness, forgive me for everything I did. When people choose to follow the Lord, he shows them the best way to live.โ€
ยท:*ยจยจ*:ยท.Godยท:*ยจยจ*:ยท.Blessยท:*ยจยจ*:ยท.Usยท:*ยจยจ*:ยท.Allยท:*ยจยจ*:ยท.
Message 26 of 65
latest reply

homelinen09
Community Member
Hi,
Its really very shocking that we have not received the money even transferred on 21st Jan.to personal a/c.
We are manufacturer and unfortunately not able to even meet out salaries of our staff and labour.
Hope paypal will not take such drastic action and act positively to resolve issues.

Regards
Message 27 of 65
latest reply

everything4u84
Community Member
Hello,
This is really ridiculous, just now I saw that the funds which I withdraw from PayPal on 30/1/2010 of 1500 USD is transferred back to my Paypal account by todays INR rate which is 1384.35 which is much low as per PayPal USD rate I want explanation for same.
On top of that I havent got any mail regarding this reversal,wht is happening?I am loosing almost 116 USD which is more then 5000 INR.
No update if I can withdraw it again or not,is PayPal playing with us?
Please is any other seller have same issue please update on community board.
Regards,
Priya.
Message 28 of 65
latest reply

I would request all to please read the world blogs on this matter and take their own decision. ebay India is not telling us the complete story. From what I have come to understand, RBI has banned all transfer of cash from paypal to all Indian bank with immediate effect till the rules of FEMA and other bank guidelines as laid down by the RBI are met in complete by paypal which obviously it is not going to because even in the US it falls outside the federal bank rules and it cannot be tried in US as all its accounts are handled in Switzerland. Paypal has taken all precautions so that it cannot be tried in US.

So I don't think that this matter will be resolved so easily and so soon.

This view is completely my personal view as I have come to understand after reading all the blog sites on this matter.
Regards.
Raj Electroniks.
Message 29 of 65
latest reply

stylish_india
Community Member
:-(

Custom Logo

Custom Logo

Message 30 of 65
latest reply