cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Open house chat with Navin Mistry, Category Head: Cross Border Trade

Dear Members,

We are pleased to announce the next session of our Open House Program, where users get an opportunity to chat with the eBay India Team.

Join Navin Mistry, Category Head: Cross Border Trade for an online discussion on selling on eBay International sites & we look forward to your suggestions for further improving our seller experience, and answer your eBay related questions on understanding & scaling cross border business during the Open House discussion.

Navin will be available on this thread on Thursday, 21st April 2011 from 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM IST, for an interactive discussion with our community members.

You can submit your questions before or during the event by making a post on this thread.

See you on the 21st at 4:00 PM!

Regards,
The eBay Team
Message 1 of 69
latest reply
68 REPLIES 68

Navin Ji ,

Namaskar
;-)
Message 31 of 69
latest reply

Dear nautical_decor,

As you are already aware, Best Match is the default search option on eBay.com. I understand your concern over your items not being visible in the initial search result pages and hence I would suggest some of the tips / selling practices which will help your maximize your position in the search results.

A listing's position in Best Match is determined by numerous factors, including seller track record, competitive pricing (including shipping costs), and the relevance of the listing to the buyer's search.
We recommend using a combination of good business practices that will optimize your position in a search and maximize your sales:

โ€ขOffer good prices and reasonable shipping
โ€ขProvide good service
โ€ขList in the right format and the right categories
โ€ขWrite accurate and relevant titles
โ€ขWrite clear item descriptions
โ€ขInclude great photos
โ€ขState your terms clearly

As a new seller its important to market your items to international buyers to increase the visibility of your items. Easiest way to showcase your products is to use features on hot selling items, on a personal note I would recommend you to offer items at 99 cents. Even if you are not able to reach the desired price, you should consider this as a investment as the word of mouth will win you more customers which in turn would improve your sales.

Targeting your existing customers through eBay mailers is another way of increasing your repeat sales. Email marketing is a feature with eBay Shops .

Regards
Navin
Message 32 of 69
latest reply

Sir Ji ,

Free Listings at ebay.in have vanished, can they be reinstated ?
Message 33 of 69
latest reply

Dear kerala_stores,

All sellers selling and shipping goods outside India should have an IEC code. To set up an export business from India you will require an Import Export Code (IEC).

You can obtain more information on the IEC at http://www.dgft.org/IEC_Code.html

For more information on IE code, please visit this page
http://pages.ebay.in/globaltrade/tutorial/getting-import-export-code.html

Shipping is the input cost of the volume of the business that you would be able to give to the courier companies.

Any courier will reduce the charges if you are able to generate more volume. DHL, Aramex are the other courier options that you could explore.

I will get back to you on your PayPal query.

Regards
Navin
Message 34 of 69
latest reply

Dear sribalajistampshop

PayPal remits the money on the bank account provided by you. Itโ€™s important to update your Bank account details in PayPal in case of any changes.

Regards
Navin
Message 35 of 69
latest reply

Dear halwawala_in1,

Thank you for your kind support & generosity that you have extended towards eBay. I hope you reach the 5000 FB mark by the end of this month.

We also wish KKR wins! ๐Ÿ™‚

Regards
Navin
Message 36 of 69
latest reply

Dear Narinder,

Thanks for your feedback. I appreciate your concerns on FVF increase in the technology category.

Every eBay site operates independently with a different fee structure. Since you are listing directly on eBay.com you would need to adhere their pricing structure to cater to international buyers.

Thanks for highlighting that the export bazaar page needs attention and we will start working on this and update soon.

Regards
Navin
Message 37 of 69
latest reply

Dear decibelsoftwares,

I will personally look into your billing currency issue and someone from my billings team will get in touch with you. We are sorry for the inconvenience faced by you in this regard.

I assure you for a response within 24 hours.

Thanks,
Navin
Message 38 of 69
latest reply

Dear rudra-gems,

International buyers prefer PayPal to buy items on eBay and there are no payment gateways available on eBay other than PayPal.

Regards
Navin.
Message 39 of 69
latest reply

Dear Navin Ji,
Thank you for taking the time to answer our queries. We understand that ebay works on the premise the people are basically good I agree but with stringent rules like DSR based evaluation coming up don't you think there should be third party arbitration on ebay international regarding feedback too just like community forum is there in Ebay. My only negative feedback is from a guy in Brazil who did not like the fact that Indian postal service does not have a speed post service to Brazil. Now how am I responsible for that but no amount of reasoning and cajoling could humour him even reporting him for feedback extortion did not work.Now my selling privileges are limited. In cross border trade this is normal. My other customer had a watch stopped at customs she immediatly opened an item not received case but thanks to tracking she understood she could not blackmail me and closed the case herself. I escaped getting negative by hair breadth
Message 40 of 69
latest reply