cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Open house chat with Navin Mistry, Category Head: Cross Border Trade

Dear Members,

We are pleased to announce the next session of our Open House Program, where users get an opportunity to chat with the eBay India Team.

Join Navin Mistry, Category Head: Cross Border Trade for an online discussion on selling on eBay International sites & we look forward to your suggestions for further improving our seller experience, and answer your eBay related questions on understanding & scaling cross border business during the Open House discussion.

Navin will be available on this thread on Thursday, 21st April 2011 from 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM IST, for an interactive discussion with our community members.

You can submit your questions before or during the event by making a post on this thread.

See you on the 21st at 4:00 PM!

Regards,
The eBay Team
Message 1 of 69
latest reply
68 REPLIES 68

cosycom
Community Member
Dear Navin ji, Just one request : please Reduce FVF for technology items back to 1% .
Most of my clients are from overseas . this year I have lost about 75% of business through ebay for three main reasons : hike of FVF + hike in EMS speed post charges from 15th Feb onwards + depreciation of US$ . these three factors have increased the cost for international customers by over 10% which has shown clear negative impact on sales .

For last few years I see that there are absolutely no export promotions from ebay.in . Instead we see that ebay is totally engaged in promoting imports to India by using all possible promotions & discount offers through Global Easybuy etc.
On the other hand the link to india export bazar page is almost invisible ....neither it is updated for long...???

I hope for a favourable response from you through this thread .

Best regards

Narinder
Message 11 of 69
latest reply

Hi Narinder,
Congrats for 500 FB. Your points are perfectly okay. I would have liked if we could have generated PaisaPay invoice for foreign buyers.
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 12 of 69
latest reply

decibelsoftwares
Community Member
Hi Naveen,

I KNOW THIS IS NOT THE RIGHT PLACE BUT THERE IS NO OTHER PLACE AI CAN FIND IT OUT AS THERE IS NO NE TO HELP.. This is my first posting on this forum and I am totally fed up with the change of the billing currency system as well as the replies provided by the customer support from more than 30 days still no help. I'd request you please look in to this and change by billing currency to Indian INR from US $. I see that you all are still charging the seller fees in $ even though I have changed my registration site as well as all the details. Evey time I contact CS they say its the BUG going on from last 1 years so no one is working on it??? Is it so than I thin k this company does not take care of this issue on time and is of no use. ITS BEING MORE THAN 30 DAYS PASSED AND i WILL BE SUSPENDED FOR NON PAYMENT OF EBAY FEES AS I NO LONGER HAVE AN US CREDIT CARD TO MAKE THE PAYMENT SO PLSSSSSSSSSS LOOK IN TO THIS AT THE EARLIEST AS THERE IS NO ON E TO TAKE THE INITIATIVE TO HELP ME OUT. (id: decibelsoftwares)
Message 13 of 69
latest reply

Dear Naveen ji

I only have a single question kindly address this:

Other than Paypal what are the alternative methods for accepting international payments more than US$500.

Regards
Vaibhav Bathla
Rudra Gems
Message 14 of 69
latest reply

Dear Navin, I intend to put up a few International listings through eBay.in I am already selling some solar products which I purchase from my agent in China and sell it here. I wish to sell the same internationally too. I wish to know the following. If I get an order from India, I can ship it from here as I have them in stock with me, but incase I get an order from another country, can I shaip it directly from China, as my agent ships it by EMS Speedpost, whether to me or anyone else to whom I direct him to do. Shipping it to me and then reshipping to another country will be paying double transport fees, secondly Speedpost in India does not accept Electronic goods, so it makes more sense from my agent in China to send it directly by Speed Post (EMS) to the US or any other country where my order has come from. Can I work this way? I am ready to put two listings for the item. One is meant of domestic shipping only and the second will be on international listing. Can you clarify this or ask your customer service team to speak to me on phone regarding this. Thanks.
Message 15 of 69
latest reply

I am in Collectibles, mainly as a seller. During the last few months, thanks to my ebay account managerโ€™s prodding, I have been uploading some items on ebay.com also. The result has been encouraging and in my view, listing on .com is bringing better response than international listings on ebay.in.
There is a minor issue about collection of payments, for which the options are Paisapay or Paypal.
In Paisapay, โ€œitem receiptโ€ from buyer becomes an issue. Mostly cross border deliveries take place in about a fortnight, the time by which Paisapay automatically treats the item as delivered. Even if the item gets delivered earlier, the buyer, registered elsewhere than ebay.in might be unaware of the Paisapay requirement or be unable to find the โ€œitem receipt buttonโ€ on Paisapay.
Paypal is more attractive alternative as fund is credited as soon as the buyer pays.
The issue in Paypal is (A) itโ€™s charge on small payments and (B) fluctuation in dollar value.
(A) There is a minimum charge of 45 cents plus a percentage on total amount. On a $ 5 payment it works out to 60 cents i.e.12%.
(B) The RBI rules about bringing in funds after a short interval forces oneโ€™s hands whereby the seller may lose on low dollar value and also Rs 50.00 for withdrawing amounts less than INR 7000. Can we request RBI to consider accumulation for a longer period and up to a certain limit?

Collectibles are presumed to be money spinners, as Diptiโ€™s mails try to project. But the fact remains that bulk of the sales are in trickles. The following figures, of my sales in the last 3 months, will illustrate that above 50% sales are below $ 5. It would be interesting to find out what other Collectibles sellers are experiencing.
Number of Sales*
Order* Amount, Jan โ€˜11, Feb โ€˜11, Mar โ€˜11
Amt < $5, 8, 13, 10,
Amt < $10, 4, 2, 1,
Amt < $25, 1, 4, 5,
Amt < $50, 1, 4, 1,
Amt > $50,<100 0, 1, 2,
Amt > $100 0, 1, 0,
Total Orders, 14, 25, 19,
* Sales/Order : Multiple items Combined as a single sale treated as 1 Order
Moral : The more low value items get a better turnover than a few high value ones!
Message 16 of 69
latest reply

Sir,
Free listing with BIN should at least be 100 instead of 50. You increase FVF, no issues. But this may increase sell by 7 folds. I listed in morning and sold by noon. I shall list that again tomorrow morning again. It may sell by tomorrow noon again.
You see my point?
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
PS: I agree with Mr. Sarkar. We need to withdraw 7000 bucks in one go to save dear 50 bucks. We must be able to accumulate US $167 upto say.
Message 17 of 69
latest reply

kapilesh123
Community Member
Dear Navin

when will the time come when we can contact the seller before making a purchase(elimination of doubt or query being addressed is one of the fundamental steps in the buying process of any item in this world)

regards

kapilesh [a buyer who has encouraged many people to buy on ebay]
Message 18 of 69
latest reply

theworldofink
Community Member
Hi
I wanted to know about IEC. If i avail the IEC number where to write this number on parcel. Please tell how will IEC work. If i import something from some supplier where to write that number. If i expor where to write such number. Does shiping companies like EMS and DHL support items with mentioned IEC? Will i have to pay custom duty for the item with mentioned IEC? How to pay custom duties on the item? What are the ways to pay custom duty? What to do if item is blocked in customs? Please tell all things about IEC.
Also tell when will be there shipping parter for domestic and international shipping.
Thanks
coolpulkit007*
The World Of Inks
Message 19 of 69
latest reply

I have been selling on ebay even when it was baazi.com. Since then I have done my level best to serve my customers in the best possible way giving them products at unimaginable rates. I have had just one item not received case and that was only because the girl was careless and did not respond to post office notice in the US. I called her up in US several times just for one copper glass but all the time she avoided coming to phone and gave it to her mother. Consequently the case closed in her favour. Recently the glass came back to me. Another seller from Brazil gave me negative only because Indian Postal Service did not have speed post service to his country and so I refunded his money apologizing profusely and sending him documentary evidence that India Post does not offer trackable service. These buyers spoiled my record and now I have selling limits placed on my account. After running around like a man possessed to make things right do I deserve this. Just like in India there should be some kind of community court or third party arbitration when troublesome customers like aforementioned start harassing buyers.
Hope you will have pity on us !
Message 20 of 69
latest reply