cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Open House Discussion with Avnish Bajaj, Chairman - eBay.in

rohit@ebay.com
Community Member
We are pleased to announce the next session of our Open House Program, where users get an opportunity to chat with the eBay India Management Team.

Join Avnish Bajaj, Chairman - eBay.in, for a discussion on buying and selling on eBay India. Avnish will be available on this thread on Tuesday, the 23rd of August, 2005 from 5:00 PM to 6:00 PM IST, for an interactive session with our users.

Make the most of this Open House Session to interact with Avnish, provide him your feedback, and ask him any questions you might have related to trading on eBay.

You can submit your questions before or during the event by making a post on this thread. For help on using the discussion boards, please click here.

See you on the 23rd at 5:00 PM!
Regards,
Rohit
Community Development Team

Thanks and Regards,
Rohit,
Buyer Engagement Team
Message 1 of 138
latest reply
137 REPLIES 137

delhiphotos
Community Member
Dear Mr. Bajaj,

I have been trying to sell some of my used items through eBay. in...

However it seems that there are too many fraud buyers who will buy your item but never pay. Or will tell you to ship to Nigeria. And they will pay by bidpay. Then they will send you spoof mails. And these have been reported to your customer service and they send silly answers. Do this and do that. But when I ask them as to why canโ€™t they verify a user before registering them, or have some kind of linkage to the Buyer/Seller Bank Account or Credit Card, they have NO Answer.

For Example, My Macintosh Laptop has been sold so many times to buyers who do not respond or those who want a shipment out of India, mainly to Nigeria. The EBay buyer information may have Chandigarh Telephone number, Agra locality and Delhi as the City! Amazing isn't it?

Someone recently won the bid on my Car, and when I called him, initially he did not even remember, and then he said maybe his secretary made the bid. Then he wanted to bargain further. I feel he was doing a window shopping and having fun, or was a car dealer collecting data.

Now when you Customer Service look at my account, they feel that I have done good trading on your site. And they suspect that I am claiming FVF credit, and bypassing eBay. in...

This is ridiculous because I am indeed going through a terrible experience of re-listing and claiming FVF credit for no fault of mine. If they feel I am cheating, then they must catch the successful bidder, have him pay me and pick up the item.

I am tired of e-mailing your silly customer care. But they are not tired of calling on my Mobile phone to tell me of eBay promotions. Can they stop doing that? It costs a bomb for every incoming call for example in Maldives, if roaming. And promotion on the mobiles is not decent.

In short:

Verify Buyer/Seller before registering.

Have a phone support

FVF credit process must be made simpler, and not like one has to wait for 14 days minimum to get the credit. 7 wait to even lodge a complaint!

Last but not the least, have seller tools made for Macintosh Users as well. Windows is not the ONLY OS in this world.

Best

Amit Bhargava
Message 11 of 138
latest reply

rhvadva
Community Member
Hello Mr. Avnish Bajaj,

I like to suggest, if possible also include some foreign article not available in India in your site. For example books available on amazon.com can be available in Indian rupee so that transportation charges can be nullify and we have exact price. Similarly other items can be added.

Regards,

Rohit Dave
Message 12 of 138
latest reply

blackhitler_in1
Community Member
paypal is a big big facility but it has also big big big very very big huge huge huge flaws. After charging a gigantic fee it sends in your money by cheque by ordinary post to india from america and takes ages to answer the smallest query it reminds me of the age old mahajan bent upon sucking the smallest drop of blood from the unsuspecting customer
Message 13 of 138
latest reply

jaggu_n
Community Member
Welcome Avnish.
I welcome the idea of Open House Discussion, which is very useful for eBay kind of sites.

I always feel happy and comfort with the eBay compared to any other online auction/shopping site. It is verywell planned and showing continuous improvements.

Here is one suggesion from me.
Many buyers/Sellers, so called top sellers/buyers, are not leaving feedback as they already got enought points to mark them selves as top sellers.
To avoid this, how about making feedback machanism as compulsary step for sellers/buyers.
Top sellers should leave feedback as they are top sellers. why don't they do that?
Thanks,
Jagadeesh
Message 14 of 138
latest reply

Hello,
Here is the issue i am facing since last 3 months and it still remains pending.

1. I paid 2257.74 rs on 26/05/05 as my sellers fee via paisapay transfer from my IDBI current account.

This amount didn't reflected in my sellers account.Due to this my ebay account went on HOLD. I contacted the online customer care on ebay.com who suggested me to REPAY the seller fees via credit card in order to start selling immediately and they told that ebay will credit the amount of Rs. 2257.74 once they receive it as there is some delay in collecting the money from india due to some unavoidable reasons.

So, I repaid the selling fees of Rs. 2290 via credit card on first week of July,and this
amount reflected in my sellers account immediately.I have no problem which this transaction.

THE PROBLEM IS STILL THE 2257.74 RS. WHICH IS STILL NOT BEEN CREDITED TO MY SELLERS ACCOUNT TILL DATE.ITS BEEN 75 DAYS NOW.YOU HAVE TAKEN THE SELLERS FEES TWICE FOR THE SAME ITEMS AND HAVE SHOWN ONLY THE AMOUNT
I PAID THE SECOND TIME.

THIS IS THE WORST EXPERIENCE I HAVE EVER FACED ON ANY ONLINE SITE.I
HAVE MAILED SO MANY TIME REGARDING THIS ISSUE AND EVERYTIME I WAS TOLD THAT "EBAY HAVE RECEIVED THE 2257.74 RS AND SOON THEY WILL REFLECT IN MY
ACCOUNT".BUT NOTHING HAS BEEN DONE.

Kindly look to it as this issue is not been handled properly by the customer care of ebay.in.

Thanks.

With Best Regards,
Jetain Agarwal
Message 15 of 138
latest reply

fire_0172
Community Member
Hello Mr. Bajaj
Loved ebay (Baazee.com) from day it started and its improving day by day. But there are some seller who are selling there products at higher prices than market prices. Please do something about this.

Ebay Security is cool but i dont like creating seller account, Please remove this option.

Thanks
Kanwar ๐Ÿ˜›
PEACE
Message 16 of 138
latest reply

solnan
Community Member
Hi,

I have had avery bad experience as a seller.
Thrice people have bidded on outright sale and they have never bothered to honour the same. Twice some person wanted me to ship to Nigeria although its clearly mentioned shipment only in Mumbai.It can be the same person with two identities. Another person who bidded started bargaining on the phone although he had agreed to purchase at the mentioned price.

In view of this It is my suggestion that like other sites whoever purchases on BUY NOW has to immediately give his credit card number in order to verify his seriousness.

That is the only way to avoid trouble to sellers

Regards
Nania
Message 17 of 138
latest reply

mkp2003_in1
Community Member
Dear Avinash, So, finally eBay has decided to have this open forum! I wish your earlier Avatar had done this which would have saved my hard-earned 2000/- to a seller who turned out to be a cheat-to describe in simple words.His modus-operandi was very simple but very inteligent one!
He had only a Mobile-Phone which he used only for outgoing calls!
He used photos of genuine electronic items like Sony, Pioneer etc. but supplied not only spurious but duplicate items with those brandnames such as SONY Pioneer etc. Even my threatening Baazee that they would be liable for criminal action did not make much of a difference to them! Perhaps that could have been the reason why the seller demanded the item-it was marked "SONY"- back with a promise(on his mobile-not eMail!)to refund the money which he never did and to run after this continuously for weeks on end was not worth it and finally I had to leave the matter helplessly!Apparently there were hundreds like me who would have had similar experience and had to leave the matter like I did.Imagine the illegitimate money he would have made!
He played on human psychology so well that he would give a very high rating to the buyer and blame the courier for non-recpt of the item.
Conditions put by Baazee were more seller friendly unless the buyer was a dishonest person himself.
His most of the negative rating related to selling spurious items with a forein brand names as also showing photographs of Foreign branded items like SONY and Pioneer and non-recpt and non-working items as also for not responding to EMails and non-availability on his non-working mobile phone.There were instances where the items were very expensive one's like 25,000/--30,000/-etc
Mind you,a mobile STD call was very expensive those days!
I can list many more of these points.But what was shocking was any complaint as a reply sent to Baazee used to land in Sellers Email Box for some strange reason
I had listed all these points to Baazee but the responce was not of much use and there were too many time-bound formalities needed to be completed, otherwise I would not have lost nearly 2000/- for returning the item at the sellers advise and losing the money as also the item because of his inaction and dishonest intention.
This was enough for me to keep myself away from Baazee as also the eBay.
The only vicarious satisfaction that I derived at this ripe age was that there were many others like me who were also victims of this "gentleman"!
I'm aware of the reputation of eBay since my people in USA do use the services of eBay for their needs.
If you really mean that you will be awailable to your customers in case of need,and you have opened this forum for that purpose only,this would go a long way in improving your image and goodwill of eBay. I wish you all the best. With regards,
Emkay

P.S: By the way,I do find once in a while,my old sellers name on eBay!
Message 18 of 138
latest reply

spaceview_in1
Community Member
Dear Avinash ji,

Very glad that you being Chairman would be sorting the problems.

Mine is also same problem which several sellers are facing that in spite of sending money (2 cheques of Rs.276/- and 220/-) that has not been credited in my seller-account even after around 4 months.

I think the invoicing system of ebay is not reasonable , it is faulty, n the sense that as soon as any buyer places order, whether he buys or not, seller is given bill for that item. Further if FVF credit is granted that is not immediately reflected in the invoice and that amount is not immediately deducted in the invoice.

This creates a lot of unnecessary stress on the sellers. The Baazee system was right that if the buyer purchased the item then only bill used to be raised.

I, therefore, request to rectify this billing system and the amount paid by the sellers should immediately be reflected in the seller-account.

Thanking you and with regards
V. Ramchand
Message 19 of 138
latest reply

spaceview_in1
Community Member
Dear Avinash ji,

Very glad that you being Chairman would be sorting the problems.

Mine is also same problem which several sellers are facing that in spite of sending money (2 cheques of Rs.276/- and 220/-) that has not been credited in my seller-account even after around 4 months.

I think the invoicing system of ebay is not reasonable , it is faulty, in the sense that as soon as any buyer places order, whether he buys or not, seller is given bill for that item. Further if FVF credit is granted that is not immediately reflected in the invoice and that amount is not immediately deducted in the invoice.

This creates a lot of unnecessary stress on the sellers. The Baazee system was right that if the buyer purchased the item then only bill used to be raised.

I, therefore, request to rectify this billing system and the amount paid by the sellers should immediately be reflected in the seller-account.

Thanking you and with regards
V. Ramchand
Message 20 of 138
latest reply