cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online Workshop with Head of Category Management, eBay India!

indraneel@ebay.com
Community Member
Hello Everyone,

I'm Sharat Digumarti, Head of Category Management, eBay India.

Since the begining of the year me and my team have been working to improve the success of sellers on eBay India through close collaboration. We have made progress in this direction and we continue doing so.

With our endeavour to make sellers business robust, the recent fee changes give tremendous opportunity for every seller to grow their sales on eBay by showcasing more variety, offering great deals which translates to a good buyer experience.

I would be here on the community boards on Tuesday, 15th July, 4 – 5 PM! discuss topics such as how can we work together and assist each of you to grow your business on eBay. I am looking forward for an active participation which would also help me to understand the priorities you all would like us to focus in the remaining part of the year

To post your message on this workshop please click on 'Post a reply' tab below this thread.
Message 1 of 37
latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

indconcepts
Community Member
Hello Sharat,

Welcome on Community Boards.

We are in the midst of the year and the situation is that with the recent changes rather than improving the business, the Community is literally crying for survival.

The recent Fee changes is beneficial only to Sellers who are from Tech Category.

If am not selling tech ..... then I can only say that the Fee change is ..... Iski Topi uske sar

Earlier selling a product worth Rs.15000, I used to pay a transaction Fees of Rs.465

Now selling a product worth Rs. 15,000 the transaction Fees works out to be Rs.750

That's a staggering hike of 61 %

Now .... let's talk about the Flat Fee of Rs. 1500 for 1500 Listings.

One the morning of 9th July total listings were 1,22,000 ..... and Today, on 10th July the Total Listings are 1,27,000.

A mere jump of 5000 Listings .... hopefully the figure would shoot up in the coming days.

But who are the ones who will benefit out of it?
Most of the Sellers don't have enough Items to take the advantage of this reduction ..... the only way out is multiple Listings .... which would reduce the conversion rate of the Seller.

Who knows .... that tomorrow .... the conversion rate may be the criteria of promoting a Seller.

Priorities that I would like you to focus on for the remaining part of the year are :-

1. Give Indian Sellers some breathing space by re-working the SNP Policy as per Indian conditions.

2. Give some Fee benefit to the Non-Tech category Sellers also ..... so that they too can be Competitive.

3. Reduce PaisaPay charges for Online banking Transaction.

4. Promote BRANDS to get the mileage .... earlier there was BRAND STREET on the Home Page which is no more seen.

5. Introduce Sellers based Discount Coupons.

6. Last but the most important .... provide your own Logistics at a reasonable rate.

Sharat, my Post may not be a favourable one but am sure you will do your best to bring in much more stability in the remaining part of the year ..... so that the Sellers may up their sleeves to do a roaring business in the next year. .

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7
Message 2 of 37
latest reply

runalaila_in1
Community Member
Hi Sharat
I am assuming that Auctions would be gaining less and less importance ,
In the days to come !!

If that is not the case and Auctions are here to stay on ebay india ,
Then please introduce BEST OFFER feature

It will help.

B O D Y - - J E W E L S!

Message 3 of 37
latest reply

Hi! Sharat

The community is literally crying due to the new policy. All the sellers big or small are targeted by the new SNP policy.

The sellers support team and the category team does a good job by calling us and encouraging us to increase the listings and reduce the price to boost sales. On the other hand the TnS team pulls us down. Previously you were in the TnS department so I think that you will be the right person to comment on this.

Here the buyers do not leave any positive feedback even if they are satisfied. And if a seller gets a neutral or negative then the past records where the seller has so many satisfied buyers is not considered and the ID is restricted.

What exactly is expected from a seller?

I want to continue writing but I am not getting words to express my feelings… even my ID is now restricted and i got a non performer award.

Regards
Shuaib
Regards
Shuaib
Aafsaa.com
Message 4 of 37
latest reply

calcuttagems
Community Member
Priorities that I would like you to focus on for the remaining part of the year are :-

1. Give Indian Sellers some breathing space by re-working the SNP Policy as per Indian conditions.

2. Give some Fee benefit to the Non-Tech category Sellers also ..... so that they too can be Competitive.

3. Reduce PaisaPay charges for Online banking Transaction.

4. Promote BRANDS to get the mileage .... earlier there was BRAND STREET on the Home Page which is no more seen.
Message 5 of 37
latest reply

Dear Saratbabu,
1.If you are watching posts in the community, the one most pathetic aspect of this day is SNP.
2.Reducing FVF for tech cat carries no meaning for me. I list mostly in shops in India and US.I am happy and I have a feeling that ebay likes me that way. The fees difference is not much because here also I list 1 gallery pic.
I dont subscribe to your views that online sells more. I think,items with merrit sells more. Buyers are intelligent nowadays.
Buyers dont buy for fun. They want quality item.
Please do something for us: the non-techs.
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 6 of 37
latest reply

kritijewellery
Community Member
There is no category for gemstone's carved Idols.

We are unable to give buyers an option to make their best offer.

With the new feedback policy it became easier for buyers to blackmail the sellers.

Unable to list very high value items : It alert's to enter a valid value... Crorepati Jewellers
Message 7 of 37
latest reply

😮 This Mr. Sarat is same who is handling TNS India.
I believe Head of category should be soft hearted:_|.

Samin
Message 8 of 37
latest reply

1234piyush1234
Community Member
I think, it will be better if in selling, option of "offer price" is also given.
Message 9 of 37
latest reply

ultimatehost
Community Member
Provide an option to post multiple items and Featured listing for ebayes who have less than 10 +ve feedback.
Message 10 of 37
latest reply