cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online Workshop: 'Business Policies Feature' Launching in April 2013

Dear Sellers,

We are pleased to conduct a workshop on ‘Business Policies Feature'.

Join our Product Manager – Sunil Baptista to understand how this feature can help you simplify the process of adding information related to Payments, Shipping and Returns to your listings.

Workshop Time: 3 PM – 5 PM

Workshop Date: 12th April 2013

Workshop Day: Friday

To participate in this thread, please click on post reply button. You can also post your questions in advance. Hoping to see you here on 12th April at 3 PM.

Regards,
Team eBay India.
Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

sbaptista@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
How do these actions impact SYI (Sell Your Item Form) that I fill to list an item or My Turbolister Create Listing Layer pop?

It simplifies the -Payment / Shipping & Returns - to just three policy selections in the form.

When you list an item, your default policies will be pre-selected and you can choose to list using these, choose another existing policy or create new policies as needed.

So all you have to do is select the relevant policy for Payment / Shipping & Returns and continue the rest just like before.

You can go thru this Help page URL -http://pages.ebay.in/aboutebay/business-policies.html#policy-syi
Message 21 of 26
latest reply

Sunil sir, from which date is this feature going to go live, ie, when will we start seeing the opt-in button ??
StopandShop
Message 22 of 26
latest reply

sbaptista@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi marsautomation / lowprice_online, - We are as much exited in bringing you this feature.

Starting April 2013, eBay.in will start inviting sellers (randomly) to opt-in. You will see a notification and a link in My eBay prompting you to Opt-in to Business policies only when it is available for you.

You can read all about Business policies here at this Help Page URL - http://pages.ebay.in/aboutebay/business-policies.html

Once you have Opt-in

1) Access your - Manage Business Policies page?
If you have been actively listing items in the last 90 days. Then we would have already created Payment, Shipping and returns policies for your listings.

2) We recommend that you rename the policies that we have created and enter a short description so that you can identify them while Listing New Items / Selling Similar or Re-listing items thru SYI (Sell your item form) or Bulk EDIT or TL (Turbolister).

3) Also based on the usage of a particular policy it will be marked as default for each type. Example: You can have many payment policies but one of them would be marked as default. Default Payment Shipping and returns would mean that these would be selected in drop downs in selling forms as they are most used.

You can read all about Business policies here at this Help Page URL - http://pages.ebay.in/aboutebay/business-policies.html
Message 23 of 26
latest reply

sbaptista@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
I guess i was being too excited that had a typo in the below post :-). CORRECTION - We are as much excited in bringing you this feature.
Message 24 of 26
latest reply

sbaptista@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Anyways continuing on the subject... Now after you have opt-in and find that there are already Payment / Shipping and Return policies created for your listings that are live. You may want to create a new policy as you wish to offer a Shipping Service and Cost for a new item that you will be selling going forward...

How do I create new Business Policies?

Simple steps here. You can go thru this Help page URL - http://pages.ebay.in/aboutebay/business-policies.html#create-policy

• Select which policy type you wish to create - Payment / Shipping / Returns
• Select the relevant options for that policy type
• Give it a name and description (This is for your reference and use as a seller)
• Save it and its ready to be used!
Message 25 of 26
latest reply

sbaptista@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Keep your queries coming in.

And if you happen to be the lucky one to see the Opt-in link do opt-in and try it out. Also would really help if you could drop us a line either here or the feedback link you see after you Opt-in and tell us about your experience.

I will try and cover more on these topics on this forum itself

• Edit your existing business policies.
• Change your default policies.
• Delete a policy if there are no active listings associated with that policy.
• Reassign listings to a different policy.

Bye
Hope you have a good time listing with Buisness Policies
Message 26 of 26
latest reply