cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online Workshop: 'Business Policies Feature' Launching in April 2013

Dear Sellers,

We are pleased to conduct a workshop on ‘Business Policies Feature'.

Join our Product Manager – Sunil Baptista to understand how this feature can help you simplify the process of adding information related to Payments, Shipping and Returns to your listings.

Workshop Time: 3 PM – 5 PM

Workshop Date: 12th April 2013

Workshop Day: Friday

To participate in this thread, please click on post reply button. You can also post your questions in advance. Hoping to see you here on 12th April at 3 PM.

Regards,
Team eBay India.
Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

sbaptista@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
This is Sunil Baptista from ebay.in PM team and will be answering all your questions for the next 2 hrs. Some of you have actually posted very valid concerns and question which i will cover / answer in a few minutes.
Message 11 of 26
latest reply

************WELCOME Mr. SUNIL********************* *********************
StopandShop
Message 12 of 26
latest reply

sbaptista@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Firstly - A brief about Business Policies. This is a new way to create and manage your own custom settings for payment, shipping and returns information, and apply them to your listings quickly from one central location within My eBay.
Message 13 of 26
latest reply

sbaptista@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi rajelectroniks I have read your concerns Let me answer this for you. Today you specify your payment methods by selecting options like PaisaPay, PaisaPay COD and cheque etc say for a few item listing. And you may also have a few item listing with say only PaisaPay as a payment method. Now going forward when you opt in to Business Polies - All you will need to do is create 2 payment policies viz. 1. PaisaPay + PaisaPay COD and name it appropriately 2. Only with PaisaPay as a Payment Method and name it appropriately. Once you are done all you will need to do while listing is select the Payment policy instead of individual payment methods on each listing.
Message 14 of 26
latest reply

Sunil sir, please start by answering our previously posted queries.
StopandShop
Message 15 of 26
latest reply

sbaptista@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi mobitel_india, The calim process remains the same. Business Policies only aims at improving the way you offer Payment Shipping and returns in your listing today by consolidating them and making it earier to select at the time of listing items in Bulk or individually thru SYI - Sell your item form or TL TurboLister or File Exchange.
Message 16 of 26
latest reply

sbaptista@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi amitava123gems / bhutaniadit123, - Starting April 2013, eBay.in will start inviting sellers (randomly) to opt-in. You will see a notification and a link in My eBay prompting you to Opt-in to Business policies only when it is available for you. amitava123gems, it is NOT mandatory for you to opt-in but you can and we recomend that you do try.
Message 17 of 26
latest reply

sbaptista@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
What happens to my existing item listings after I have Opted-in? (NO change). They will remain live on site and business as usual. As we've already created (separate Payment / Shipping / Returns) business policies based on your current active, scheduled, and ended listings with the combinations of payment methods / or shipping services and cost variations / or returns option choices that you have been using.
Message 18 of 26
latest reply

sbaptista@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
What do I do with the Policies that have already been created for me and visible on the manage policies page? • Using the Manage Business Policies - You can access those policies that we have created for your listings. You can also see the listing counts that are using that particular policy.
• We recommend that you rename the policy that we have created and enter a short description so that you can identify them while Listing New Items / Selling Similar or Re-listing items thru SYI (Sell your item form) or Bulk EDIT or TL (Turbolister).
Message 19 of 26
latest reply

sbaptista@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi trahashmatey556, You asked about the benefits of opting in to Business Policies. Use business policies to save time and reduce errors - Once you’ve defined a business policy, reuse them multiple times. You can go thru this Help page URL - http://pages.ebay.in/aboutebay/business-policies.html
Message 20 of 26
latest reply