cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

NEGATIVE FEEDBACK FROM BUYERS WITHOUT CONTACTing SELLERS!!!

sahstores
Community Member
I have come through various example in which BUYERS left negative feedback without contacting sellers, This is a serious issue for a seller,I always feel eBay has got EXTRA LEANINGS towards the buyers, all facilities are earned by buyers and eBay just burdened sellers with hell lot of liabilities. I m not fearing from Liabilities, but if i talk about seller policies, eBay has got worst.
If some buyer needs a replacement and when we say SHIPMENT is borne by Buyer, they clearly refuse the things and just threats us by a NEGATIVE FEED POLICY, if eBay is claiming ebay guarantee then why the hell it is not providing us a SHIPMENT SOURCE, I accept they pay in most of the cases when there is shipment of replacement needed, but that is not enough as Buyers are not aware, they just do one thing, just punishing a Buyer without any solid reason by giving him a negative feedback.
If eBay is really hearing the SELLERS, i have some suggestions and are as follows:
1. When some buyer try to give the negative feedback, he should face an option like "CONTACT THE SELLER" and without contacting the seller, he should not be able to Leave a NEGATIVE FEEDBACK. And for this he has to be asked to give him a VALID proof that he contacted the seller.

2.eBay must verify that the Negative Feedback case is genuine or not, sometimes user left Negative just because of the ignorance.

I appeal to all those sellers who are facing this type of problem, to participate and support this so that eBay revise the policies for the sellers.
Message 1 of 62
latest reply
61 REPLIES 61

digitalgeneration2011
Community Member
This is true, even iam being evicted for this. Guys the ebay member "ataur.rahman1" has trascated with me for 512 MB DDR1 RAM, worth Rs 300. I had shipped the item promptly on 10th of june after the paisa pay payment confirmation on 8th of June. This consignment got returned to me 20th stating that there was no body available on this address. I promptly offer buyer refund for the same, however he denied asking to reship.
Here is tracking status:

Status of AWB No 238853192 R.T.O. 20 Jun 2011 with SHIFTED
Details
FROM TO MAN. No. DATE TIME
PUNE(A.O.) DELHI 206300060076 10/06/2011 20:46
AZADPUR HUB SHAKTINGR.9910994275 100421959246 11/06/2011 15:39
AZADPUR HUB 0 12/06/2011 19:07
AZADPUR HUB 0 15/06/2011 07:10
AZADPUR HUB HEAD OFFICE 100421932663 15/06/2011 18:28
DELHI HEAD OFFICE 0 16/06/2011 10:55
DELHI HEAD OFFICE MUMBAI 100020300322 16/06/2011 15:32
MUMBAI AIRPORT 0 17/06/2011 16:48
MUMBAI AIRPORT PUNE 200067067439 18/06/2011 15:49
PUNE(A.O.) 0 20/06/2011 09:42

Now is this my mistake, still I offered buyer refund, however he denied asking to reship the item, Now after reshipping the item, he purposefully he left negative feedback,Please anybody from ebay can help me.
Message 2 of 62
latest reply

It is happenig. I just got a -ve feedback from a buer without contacting me just for 189rs. he expected to get a 1000watt powerfull vacuum cleaner which is usb 5v how much can he expect it to suck! without contacting he just left a feedback and refuses to withdraw it. I feel these buyer are either sellers who just want to leave a -ve feedback on other seller 1 time buyers.I have more serious issue about feedbacks for example i sell 100 items buyer do not update or leave a feedback to me only 10% leave a feedback. so out of that 1 person leave a -ve feedback it hurts a lot as a seller as it wil be equal to 10% -ve feedback received and my % goes down in a big way.

and other thing i dont agree with ebay policy if a buyer buys two items and he leave 2 positive feedback we get only 1 counted. so its not correct. what i want to say if if the same buyer gives 2 -ve feedback then we get 2- feedback to our id. that is not ok. then waht if that buyer gives 1 positive and 1 -ve feedback it will be -1 to our id as ebay has policy to consider only 1 feedback if a same buyer buys to items. its not ok!
Message 3 of 62
latest reply

krishkavin
Community Member
I appealed to community court for a negative feedback. But till now I didn't even a reply "whether the feedback should remain or to be removed?!"

now what to do?

In this case buyer asking money but I refused. And openly he gave the negative feedback with indirectly asking the same. But in my listing I clearly mentioned that the replacement payment should be done by the buyer only.

So either we have to solve with buyer or we won't get much help!
Message 4 of 62
latest reply

sahstores
Community Member
eBay is not listening......
Do they?
X-( X-( X-(
Message 5 of 62
latest reply

We have also received a negative without contacting us. And the buyer contact number is wrong & he is not replying to emails. We cant appeal in CRF as the buyer is registered in another country. Please suggest what to do now ?

Hope ebay replies
Message 6 of 62
latest reply

mannmanaf
Community Member
Iam waiting for the product whuch us already late. The courier company says "tomorrow tomorrow" slogans. Should give posutive feedback? Huh!!!X-(
Message 7 of 62
latest reply

shantks123
Community Member
Hi All,
Leaving negative feedback on ebay is good for sellers in some case. Consider my example.
I bought sony earphone at 300Rs from slsshop18. the picture shown was good, but when i got it, it was so cheap quality.
this duplicate earphones are sold at bus stops or footpath for 50Rs. This guy slsshop18 was trying to earn quick money buy selling the same stuff for 300Rs. Do you guys think i should talk with him before leaving negative feedback?
Assume he sold 100 such earphone and only 10 contacted seller and got money back. but what about other 90 buyers? they are always in loss. and slsshop18 became RICH!!! If initiall buyers had left him negative feedback, i.e. 5th or 7th buyer, then they can save rest 90+ buyers from getting cheated. MORE THEN ME GETTING 300RS BACK, I WANT TO HELP OTHER BUYERS FROM GETTING CHEATED FROM SLSSHOP18.
Message 8 of 62
latest reply

It all started ever since ebay prohibited sellers from giving negative to buyers. That way it has not become so difficult to identify rogue buyers. They are all over ebay now. So I am leaving ebay for good. Though I was on ebay even before it was ebay.in I am a member since ebay was baazee.com but goodbye. I cannot take the stress anymore. Customer service of ebay sucks big time. They just send predrafted messages that is all they can do.
Message 9 of 62
latest reply

sahstores
Community Member
eBay's business model is simple - favour buyers and do anything for them and pass all pains to the sellers.

I have summarised below in point as to how sellers are tormented by eBay's draconian and selfish policies -

1. eBay thinks that it is only Buyer who is important to them, since they are the one who pay for the products. eBay forgets that the Sellers are also equally important customers to eBay.

2. This is clearly evident by their policies which only cater to the Buyer.

3. The actual asset of eBay are Sellers and not the buyers. Since it is the sellers who provide best quality products on dirt cheap rates. Being a seller we know how thin the margins are. If you have good product and price buyers will anyway be there.

4. The Buyer protection programme is offered by eBay and not by the seller, then why should the seller bear the burden of the same. eBay earns final value + paisapay fee on every transaction, moreover the protection programme is funded by ripping off the seller. Consider this, you sell a product and the consignment returns back due to wrong/incomplete or short address. Now buyer files a refund. eBay promptly refunds (NO THEY WILL NEVER HEAR TO A SELLER, SINCE YOU MEAN NOTHING TO THEM), who bears the shipping cost to a wrong address?? Of course the SELLERS!! WHY THIS INJUSTICE??

5. You sell a product and ship the same, buyer claims receiving an empty box and files a refund. Who bears the loss?? The SELLER of course!! This is how eBay works, by taking blood and sweat of the SELLERS... LITERALLY!!

6. If eBay is providing a buyer protection policy, why can't they provide a seller's protection policy? A buyer is so well equipped against the sellers that they can literally force the seller down on knees - they can give wrong address and still refund the whole amount, they can claim receiving an empty or bogus box, they can claim the item is damaged after 10 days maybe when they themselves broke the same (yes that happened with us, check for the earliest negative feedback on our profile), they can threaten you to virtually anything using a negative punter hunter, they can simply claim a refund in case the shipping takes more time and still get the product and refuse to pay. How can a seller defend against all this? NOWAY!! Till the time we are selling with eBay it is plain impossible. So why should we keep on selling at eBay? All pains are passed to us and eBay makes money - from listings, final value, paisapay comission and virtually everything. Even if your product does not sells, eBay still makes listing charges. This is not the case in other eCommerce sites like Rediff Shopping, Times Shopping which are more just and fair than eBay and earn only when you earn.

7. If eBay provides the Buyer protection plan why dont they provide the shipping service? Because eBay does not want pains, they only want to take the profits and cow down sellers to pay for all mistakes of dishonest and unjust buyers.

8. eBay does not realises that Sellers are the real asset, who provide dirt cheap rates, precisely this is what made them so popular in India. Still they have left their brilliant sellers in cold who work their blood and sweat to provide goodwill and value to eBay.

9. The worst tool that eBay has handed to the buyers is negative feedback which is used by the buyers as a whip to cow down the seller to anything. We have cases where eBay enabled buyers to leave a negative feedback even though the transaction was not completed and paisapay have themselves informed us not to ship the item due to problem with transaction and on top of it eBay needs 'PROOF' to remove the negative... HOW SICK!!

10. People give negative feedback just like that, even if they get a complete refund. Why can't eBay give an option of contacting the buyer and waiting for 5 days to let the seller respond before leaving a negative feedback?

11. What is the meaning of feedback to buyers when you have only positive as an option? We are not a three years old!! eBay ARE YOU LISTENING?? Why can't we have at least an option of neutral feedback to the buyers? How do we deal with the dishonest and unreasonable buyer?

12. Why eBay discriminates between the Indian and international sellers? Check this listing http://orders.ebay.in/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ImportHubViewItem&itemid=400197567903
In this listing the guy has clearly mentioned the terms and conditions and there he clearly mentions "You shall bear the cost of shipment of goods to the designated address to the seller". Why such power is not given to the Indian seller? Only because he does not resides in US? Why such sheer hipocracy!!

Let's stand against this exploitation by eBay and its buyers and say NO to injustice. There are plenty of eCommerce avenues which treat the sellers in more fairer ways, if eBay does not change its bad policies we should seriously think of moving on.

Let it be known to eBay that we are here for business, but we shall not accept any injustice and exploitation.

Regards
Message 10 of 62
latest reply