cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

NEGATIVE FEEDBACK FROM BUYERS WITHOUT CONTACTing SELLERS!!!

sahstores
Community Member
I have come through various example in which BUYERS left negative feedback without contacting sellers, This is a serious issue for a seller,I always feel eBay has got EXTRA LEANINGS towards the buyers, all facilities are earned by buyers and eBay just burdened sellers with hell lot of liabilities. I m not fearing from Liabilities, but if i talk about seller policies, eBay has got worst.
If some buyer needs a replacement and when we say SHIPMENT is borne by Buyer, they clearly refuse the things and just threats us by a NEGATIVE FEED POLICY, if eBay is claiming ebay guarantee then why the hell it is not providing us a SHIPMENT SOURCE, I accept they pay in most of the cases when there is shipment of replacement needed, but that is not enough as Buyers are not aware, they just do one thing, just punishing a Buyer without any solid reason by giving him a negative feedback.
If eBay is really hearing the SELLERS, i have some suggestions and are as follows:
1. When some buyer try to give the negative feedback, he should face an option like "CONTACT THE SELLER" and without contacting the seller, he should not be able to Leave a NEGATIVE FEEDBACK. And for this he has to be asked to give him a VALID proof that he contacted the seller.

2.eBay must verify that the Negative Feedback case is genuine or not, sometimes user left Negative just because of the ignorance.

I appeal to all those sellers who are facing this type of problem, to participate and support this so that eBay revise the policies for the sellers.
Message 1 of 62
latest reply
61 REPLIES 61

@sahstores...

Don't hold your breath, ebay will never reply. I had made this suggestion long long back but ebay has done nothing about it.

Some guys at top level management have decided that buyers should be pampered and seller cannot give Negative feedback otherwise we(ebay) will lose buyers, yes its OK to lose sellers because they are available at 1/- a dozen.

A king can rule only when there is CHAOS in the kingdom and this is ebay way way of creating CHAOS to rule. So learn to live with it.
StopandShop
Message 21 of 62
latest reply

sahstores
Community Member
no one is listening sellers?:_|
Message 22 of 62
latest reply

valentini0247
Community Member
I totally agree with sahstores, It's time the sellers got that chunk of protection that has been so generously awarded to the buyers at the sellers expense. I sold on eBay before in 2007, coming back to sell again in 2011, It is a different eBay, I can hardly recognise it, and buyers are mean, threatening and ready to open disputes for any little thing. I sell flytouch tablet PC's and the buyer's are wrecking my account with negative feedback even where I have done my best to try and solve the problem. I have quit selling because there is nothing there for me. Buyers complain for every little thing, ready to threaten to report to eBay and all my profits have been eaten up in part refunds and full refunds just trying to keep buyers happy, not to mention when I looked up my eBay fees, They were phenomenon.

Whoever has made the new rules that are encouraging and exposing sellers to great deal of abuse, they should sit down and consider whether only eBay and the Buyer are important, or if there is a place for sellers too on eBay platform. What eBay should know is that without sellers, there can never be buyers, but I guess as long as there is a desperate soul out there trying to make ends meet, eBay will always have customers opening new accounts, and we are going to be complaining to no one listening, as our cries will not put a dent in eBay's pocket.
Message 23 of 62
latest reply

Yes, I agree fully. ebay supports BUYER 101%.

Buyers knows about ebay supporting buyer and they even know seller cannot leave -ve feedback on their account so they are mean to even threaten sellers to get free items as well as refund through ebay.

I am on online selling since there was bidnbuyindia and then baazee took over and then finally ebay took over.

Best was BAAZEE where they used to listen both seller & buyer and they always took wise decision. But ebay is always on buyers side.
Message 24 of 62
latest reply

tanusreesankar
Community Member
I am a practical sufferer and can just state what has been stated by all the fellow members on the issue of NEGATIVE FEEDBACK FROM BUYERS is perhaps the greatest truth. Sometimes Buyers negative feedback for no valid reason demotivates sellers to participate in selling on eBay platfor. It generates a sellers phobia to sell products unless the ebay authority initiates a step to penalize the buyer too, if they are on wrong footing in mis use of the feedback priviledge they enjoy. Buyer's in mine and many other cases for their own fault of not going through item description mishandling the items, without referring to the operational manual ultimately blames on the product or the seller.
Message 25 of 62
latest reply

lcradealz2011
Community Member
Hello Guys

I have gone throught this suffering many times in my seeling history. That is also true that ebay will never replied to this posting. But if we even 30 sellers get united and raise our voice together and collect the evidence and proof of mistaken made by ebay.

I might be sounding crazy but its true. Ebay wants seller to be perfect and wants the user experience to the buyer. Have any of you fellow seller have seen the way ebay India runs its promotions which is a total blunder and loss. You will end number of memebers complaing of gifts not receive etc. The GEB (globle easy buying) which is ebay india own project and managed by them is also a total failure. Out 10 buying 5 do not get their item hassel free.

If ebay India as a company themself cannot deliver the user experience to their buyer than they cannot expect us to be perfect.

I request you guys to keep this things in mind and lets get united and fight back against the injustice towards seller.You can mail me on my if lcradealz@yahoo.com
Message 26 of 62
latest reply

colourdeals
Community Member
Even I am tired of this.
One of the recent cases, wherein the buyer commented that I sell costly and he can get it for some Rs. 40 less at somewhere else, I don't understand that why do they buy it than if they can get it for cheaper?
We SELLERS put lots of efforts and time to make sure not miss the shipping deadline and the packaging is secure enough. And than they reply with a very vague negative comment.

Also another buyer who posted negative has problem with my device, I mailed her trouble-shoot tips and now it seems not it's working properly. But the damage is done.

Buyers, PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT THIS IS NOT A GAME. WE SELLERS EARN FROM HERE, SOME SOLELY RELY ON EBAY TO MAKE THEIR LIVING, YOUR 1 SMALL MISTAKE COULD AFFECT THEM IMMENSELY, SO PLEASE THING FROM SELLER'S POINT OF VIEW AS WELL!!
Message 27 of 62
latest reply

Hello Dear Sellers ,
Im not from the behalf of the eBay , am also a sufferer but i want to introduce and let u clear some of the doubts here ...forgive me if these are not in the favour of your's coz m gonna write what i have feel after suffering and get a way to escape out of it ...

1. Yes, Buyers claims free gift and refund the product after that in Guarantee Claim ..its an eBay Fault...
SOLUTION:- They should dispatched the free gifts after the guarantee claim period has been over so that if any claim made under this period can make them stop dispatch of the free gift.

2. It is wrong that there is no one to listen for the negative feedbacks here in an eBay ..I have many several times put proofs in ebay Court and has registered the case against buyer to remove the feedbacks and really they meant it and removed neutral or negative feedbacks..but for this u must have enough proofs .

3. It is wrong that ebay guarantee refund the amount to buyer without intimate the seller and w/o getting the problem solved b/w both the parties ...If this Guarantee Claim is offered by eBay then only eBay should solely be responsible for it ..No case against the seller or any amount should be deducted from the seller a/c coz it is the ebay who has offered this policy and took responsibility of it.

4. As I am an I.T. engineer , i found a requirement of an update of the the whole programme and eBay should consider for it in each period of 6 months . Please hire a good designer who can design the programme or can put some innovative steps by re-engineering the whole programme.

5. And eBay definitely listens to its customers whether it is Seller or Buyer , u just need to understand all the policies ,rules and take advantage of those to raise your voice so that eBay can equally consider sellers in each case. Use eBay Court !

6. Never cheat the customer , yes customer can do anything in ignorance ,but as a seller it is the responsibility to convey everything to the buyer so that no case can b filed against seller from the buyer end ..like provide enough information of selling the good whether it sis in working or non-working ..don't keep hidden to make fool of the customer. Just one positive point and ebay is in your favour.

7 ...eBay seller's charges in 90% make the deal expensive than the local market. ebay should lower down the slider from 4.4% (most of the categories) to 2.5% seller's charges .

8. Due to eBay guarantee policy ,buyers trust the sellers and purchase items even costlier than local market price coz they know if item will be defected or not as per expected (according to conditions), ebay can refund them amount ..on giving extra they get assured by an eBay policy and we sellers get chance to cover the eBay seller's charges.

I can understand and definitely can't involve in any of your matter ,so u know better than me but ya if u have gone through with proper reading of rules,regulations,policies ..then selling & purchase of the item is a very interesting game on an eBay . eBay has already removed the buyer's negative feedback from my a/c under the proof presentation and m happy with eBay somehow.. ๐Ÿ™‚
Message 28 of 62
latest reply

sahstores
Community Member
@bigdeals_09

Hey there, thanks for taking out time and replying to our post. I have gone through your comments and we feel an urge to clarify few things from our side -

1. eBay Guarantee claim is a total scam. The Guarantee claim is simply a weapon against sellers - even to loot them straight away. Please refer to our earliest negative feedback. We shipped a mouse to this guy. First of all he did not confirm it even after receiving. Then he filed an item non-receipt refund 10 days after he actually received the product. We provided proof to eBay for the delivery. Then this buyer started complaining that the product is damaged, which clearly show his intentions. Even then we called him up to resolve the matter. We offered him a replacement provided he sends the damaged item back. He denied! Why would an honest buyer keep a damaged item? Nevertheless eBay stepped in an rejected the refund, but this guy posted a negative feedback. We went to eBay court who upheld the negative feedback. This was a big blow to us since we were at earlier days of our business then. And you say that eBay is nice. Maybe you are lucky enough to have your cases heard by some responsible people. In our case it never happened.

2. Definitely NO ONE LISTENS AT eBAY!! This is very evident from the fact that they never cared to reply to this thread, even though it has been running for more than a month now and people are posting more and more response to it. eBay court is a big joke. The above mentioned instance is one of the several ones we encountered. If eBay is all perfect and such a listening organisation then why don't they post a response to this thread? They are replying to every tom-dick-and-harry kind of posts here, then why not this one? Simply because they know that they are at fault and they don't have anything to say.

3. Can you explain why eBay should full refund the cases where customers provide wrong/short/incomplete addresses? Even why we clearly mention in our every listing that 'Shipping cost for returns paid by - Buyer'. eBay still insists that we should bear the cost of reshipping. Why should we pay for mistakes of your Buyers? So what is the use of selling at eBay, when you loose more than you earn? If eBay is really honest and serious about the Guarantee programme, why don't they offer their own courier service? At least is big cities? eBay business mode is simple - Pass on all problems to sellers and milk the profits.

4. Forget about eBay listing to any update request. Their software itself is broken and they never really care to update it. Maybe they are busy collecting the profit.

5. We have listed enough reasons which shows eBay does not listens to sellers. Yes they do listen to buyers. eBay policies are a big joke. Also they have different set of policies in India. If you transact in US or Europe, you will know it is very difficult to dupe the sellers. But here in India it is all about buyers! Why eBay has different policies for India? Also if we clearly mention that reshipment will be paid by buyer which is totally in-line with the policies then why eBay denies the same if their buyers provide wrong addresses?
No matter how much fat this thread will grow, eBay will never respond to it, this is enough to proof that eBAY DOES NOT LISTENS!!

6. You will get from our positive feedback that we take every care to serve our customers. If you check our selling history you will see how many return customers we have and also people buy products in bulk from us. They would not be coming if we were into a cheating business. Look at our pictures and descriptions, it is one the best and clear available on eBay. We can make a fool of customer only once and he will never come again; If this would have been the case then we would have been out of business by now and not to mention the return customers.

7. eBay keeps on increasing the charges and that makes the deals expensive one eBay. However we feel this is perfectly fine, since they run a huge system and have high operating cost. They cannot offer a free service to sellers.

8. We beg your pardon to differ here. Buyers really don't care about eBay Guarantee policy, when it comes to local market. 90% of our sales come from small towns and villages, where there is limited or no supply of tech products. We receive very less business from Delhi, since Nehru Place being an IT hardware hub is more preferred by buyers. Even when we offer far lesser price. Branded items come with warranty which is offered by the manufacturer. Where does eBay actually fits in? Buyer buy products from eBay because they find it cheap or because they don't get it elsewhere. If you are telling us that people buy products from eBay, which is more costlier by-passing their local markets and then waiting for 3-5days, you must be kidding. Any person with reasonable amount of logic will know this is sheer stupidity. If this would be the case eBay would have eaten into share of all retailers. Whereas eBay has a very small pie of Indian retail market, insignificant enough to be ignored all together.

Please don't get us wrong. We are not here to demonize eBay or bash it upfront. We are making efforts to make eBay a more just and friendlier place to buy and sell products. We are still very active at eBay. Because we believe in cleansing the system by being in it, not simply by quitting it. But we will continue our struggle till we get eBay to consider our points as well. If they are pushing a community effort they should definitely listen to it. If eBay thinks they can cream out the profits and leave sellers helpless in dark, then this will not happen. We will make every effort to fight the injustice.
LET ALL SELLERS BE UNITED AGAINST THE INJUSTICE!!
Remember -

!!UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL!!

Regards
Message 29 of 62
latest reply

sahstores
Community Member
no sales no negative feed ๐Ÿ˜‰
Message 30 of 62
latest reply