cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Guys Check your Ebay EDGE Point calculations for irregularities

j0prinz
Community Member
My Ebay Edge Points calculations made by EBay seems to be incorrect. I have contacted EBay customer care 4 times (2 Calls, 1 Chat, 1 Email) over the last 2 weeks regarding this but so far i have received No response from their end other than the "Escalations".

I tried to tally the transactions I made with the points i received and found 2 issues.

1: The dates mentioned as Transaction Dates on the Edge Points Page are incorrect.
2: The Points are incorrectly calculated especially for transactions above Rs. 5000

I do not know why EBay Support is not clarifying this matter... Generally they would provide some reply when U send in a mail but somehow for this matter alone there seems to be ABSOLUTE Silence from their end which makes me wonder if the whole "EDGE Point system" is a scam???

For instance, for an individual the sum total of points by the end of this promotion could only be a couple of hundred points. So I dont think anyone actually spends time to check if the calculations are correct. I myself came across it only coz I got 10 points awarded for a transaction above Rs.5000 (I should have got 100 points). For me it is a difference of only 90 Points which i could have overlooked. But if the same thing applies to thousands of people buying over Ebay then Ebay makes a substantial profit owing to a "Simple Calculation Error" which no one might notice. Even if someone does notice the customer care could just make them go on a wild "Escalation" Goose chase and eventually the ebayer would give up.

I would like to know if anyone else had found the 2 errors (incorrect Date and Points) in the Edge Point calculation page. Plz do check your edge points page and verify the same. I am a big fan of EBay n i buy a lot of stuff off of it. But somehow unresolved issues like these make me feel suspicious about their promotions and offers.

If any EBay Customer care Executives are reading this post, kindly look into my transactions (My ID is "j0prinz") and plz advice regarding the irregularities in the dates and calculations.

Joe Prince
Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Well, on a different note, they haven't even given me an ebay edge a/c at all even though I bought items worth 40,000 rupees in line with their T & C and policies. Moreover, I have tried to get this resolved through their chat and on phone, but nothing happens.
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

I haven't seen customer service as poor as this since the issue has been dragging for a fairly long duration. It is even more surprising that they expect sellers to 5 star DSRs but they do not adhere to the same from their customers. Looks like ebay follows a different feedback system where it is concerned.
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

ebay edge pionts is a way to fool people to make higher purchases.. i had made a purchase on 5th december yet im to recieve the ebay edge points.. from 11th december they are only escalting the issue and when i mail ,, no one replies..
REALY A BAD EXPERIENCE,, was having good experince with ebay,, but not now
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

worldofwoman-2008
Community Member
jaago grahak jaago...............
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

IS THE EBAY EDGE PROGRAM DEAD ? ๐Ÿ˜ž ๐Ÿ˜ž
Am just wondering if this program has come to a premature halt.My edge points account were last updated on 9/12/2010,and since then I have had over 8 PaisaPay transactions,but no points have been credited to my account.

I did redeem some points on 12/12/2010,and ever since then,my account has not been credited with any points,so I wonder if this promotion is OVER, or if a person can only redeem points ONCE.

A CLARIFICATION FROM EBAY WOULD BE NICE. ๐Ÿ˜‰
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

In my case too, I have 6 PaisaPay transactions for which no EDGE POINTS have been credited to my account.
RajElectroniks
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

j0prinz
Community Member
And to make things worse Today when I tried to generate a coupon using the points i already have E-Bay gave me an error saying "Unable to generate coupon. Contact Customer care". Now I cant help but think This whole "EDGE" point system is a Scam... hmmm Who has time to go thru the customer care "Escalations" when they wanna buy something? So technically by saying "Unable to generate coupon" they are preventing the ebayer from effectively utilizing the Edge Points... 'SMART Move' Ebay... But you got a regular Ebayer disappointed... I don think I'm goin to sign up for any more of your promotions! For all the Ebayers reading this all I can say is "Use Ebay for just buying and selling stuff you absolutely want. Falling for their promotions would only help you get disappointed"

Lesson Learned ๐Ÿ˜ž

Joe Prince
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

j0prinz
Community Member
Still no resolution!!!
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

in my userid not soing points positions im more iteams but im not get. kindle help me
Message 10 of 10
latest reply