cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Duplicate Listing Policy? How far will this be a success

We at eBay strive to provide our members with an uncluttered shopping experience so they can compare different items and make a smart, informed purchasing decision.

The changed Duplicate Listing Policy shall be effective from 15 Oct 2012 @00:00:01 Hrs IST, where sellers will not be allowed to have multiple listing of one item for fixed price at any given time, through their eBay User IDs.

For more details please see updated Duplicate Listing Policy at http://ebay.in/help/policies/new-listing-duplicate.html

In short, listings are considered duplicates if they are for items that have no difference at all between them. To avoid having your listings treated as duplicates, make sure you clearly show the differences between items in the title, description, price, photo, subtitle, product ID, item specifics, or in the parts compatibility areas of a listing.

Post 15th October, 2012 you will not be allowed by the system to list an item in Fixed Price if the similar item is already live on your account. Also our TnS (Trust & Safety) team will monitor your account for any duplicate listings, which if found will be removed and violation will be tagged on your account which can further result in stricter account level actions.

IS THIS REAL? I STILL SEE SO MANY DUPLICATE LISTINGS FROM SELLERS? AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO REMOVED ALL MY DUPLICATE LISTINGS?

WILL NO ONE ELSE FOLLOW THIS POLICY?
Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Dear tanotis_mart

As far as i am aware, Sellers on eBay can list 4 Listings of same product. (Not more than 4)

If you list more than 4 Listings of same product, those listings will be treated as Duplicates.

SmartPhoneForEver

SmartPhoneForEver
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Dear Sumanth,

Thank you for sharing your views. the listings you're referring must have been created before 15th October and hence duplicate listings are live on site. Do not worry , soon all the duplicate listings would be pulled down. You can try listing your products in multiple quantity, instead.
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Dear smartphoneforever,
Are you sure it is 4? Because I received a mail that it should not exceed 1.
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

@seemak@ebay.com

There are competitors who are multi listing new products on 16 th 17th October 2012 also.
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

As per the latest revised listing policy, not more than 1 listing of same type of product can be listed.

Seemak: Can you clarify what you mean by multiple quantity with an example please?
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Dear techy-hub,

Let me put it this way.. as per the new listing policy though system restrict you from listing an identical items for more than 4 times, you can select the quantity while listing your item. Shop Subscribers can set inventory rule , so that all the time the pre-defined numbers of quantity would be visible to buyers. I am sure that you are aware of this feature(Ref# item Number: 261008986619).
For the sellers who have not yet subscribed the shop but earned 5 positive feedback as seller plus registratered as a seller on eBay for + 14days, can select the quantity while listing his product on eBay.

I hope the piece of information shared is useful. If you need more clarification...please share!
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Seemak,

I am not clear. Would appreciate if you could kindly call us on 8790047514 and help. Thank you.
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

So Seemak
You are saying that we can list the same product upto 4 times? Each item can have many quantities that is a different concept. But How many different listings for same item is allowed? Because the search engine in ebay is not so clever.
Example
Say an user is searching for Photo Paper for printer.
Some of them will Search for Glossy Paper or Photo Paper or Matte Paper or so on. TO help them find this product we usually list the same product with different Titles.

So please clarify me. Can I do 4 Duplicate listings?
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

uniquecreations2012
Community Member
there is no multiple listings for cosmetics like "nail polish for example"

nail polishes have different colors to be listed and having no multiple listing option available , there is no choice for seller but to list individually for each color.

imagine a particular nail polish has 10 different variant colors and listing same in 10 listings.

way to go ebay india.
Message 10 of 10
latest reply