Delay in PayPal Funds Transfer

cosycom
Community Member
Hi friends , Normally all funds withdrawn from Paypal to our bank account are credited within 3 to 5 days .
I have withdrawn some funds on 19th feb 09 . Paypal shows funds already transfered but they are not received in my ICICI account till date . Anybody else also facing same problem ???????

Paypal seem to have an office in India but their address and contact information is not available anywhere .:(

Regards

Narinder
Message 1 of 677
latest reply
676 REPLIES 676

cosycom
Community Member
Dear All friends & eBay India Team , I am sorry to see that this thread has reached 500 posts & we sellers are still not sure about Paypal .

Now I am desperately missing friendly & active ebay pinks like Indraneel at ebay india.
I hope the matter will be resolved at the earliest & eBay India will soon issue clear guidelines about cross border transactions & Paypal .

Best wishes to all.

Narinder
Message 501 of 677
latest reply

"PayPal ka cheque milne se jo chehre pe hansi aayee;
log samajh baithe ke seller ka haal achcha hai"

PayPal cheque finally received after 31 days.

Delivered via Normal post. Highly unprofessional way to deliver money. When will PayPal learn to be a professional organization?

Cross Border trading dilemma still continues...Old and tenured sellers, please guide.
Message 502 of 677
latest reply

Hi cosycom,

During the seller conference at Ahmedabad on March 9th, the eBay representatives mentioned that they are working to launch a webpage that will answer all the queries pertaining to international trade on eBay. They were mentioning that they will consult the export consultants and lawyers etc and then launch a webpage that would clarify everything related to cross border trade.

Regards,
Mustufa
Message 503 of 677
latest reply

Hello Dear Real.Phoenix,
Thank you for being an active member of discussions & helping us out in export policies,but let me tell you one thing,that after all that you have mentioned,there are still certain important things to be cleared for
Especially for GEMSTONES & JEWELRY SELLERS:
1) If we put an invoice with the shipment & mention silver,gold,diamond or any gemstone name on the invoice,we will be prohibited to send it without getting a custom appraisal done through the custom department,which is actually not feasible for single lower value items lets say less than Rs.1000,because our custom clearing agent will charge min. Rs.500-Rs.800 for getting it appraised & making the required documents.

2) Secondly,if we mantain accounts for single items,how will our C.A or Accountants manage our transactions in different currencies,he will require conversion rates for every transaction,Secondly what about the USD 0.99 auctions in which our actual purchase amount will be more than the selling price,& the shipping cost will be more than the actual paid shipping.

3) Thirdly if we mention precious gemstones,loose gemstones,or diamonds & send through regd. post,it can be stolen right away.

I REQUEST ALL THE JEWELRY SELLERS OR EBAY PINK TO SEARCH FOR ANSWERS TO THESE QUERIES & REPLY US BACK SOON.

Thanks
Kisnajewels.
Message 504 of 677
latest reply

Hi Kisnajewels,

Per your questions, I have the following explanation:

1)I am not sure about the procedures involved in shipping of precious metals and stones via post or courier as I sell only surgical and herbal items.

2) The CA doesn't require to maintain the log of different currencies because whatever currency you receive your payments in PayPal, it will be converted into the INR when you withdraw it. One cannot withdraw USD or GBP or Euro from PayPal directly into your bank account. Any kind of money will be converted into INR and only then will it be deposited into your bank account.

3) There are equal chances of the goods get stolen via couriers also. We all know that international selling is 100% risky and we have been still doing it inspite of so many refunds that we make to retain our feedback reputation. We have no choice but to take risks in shipping.
Message 505 of 677
latest reply

nsjewelsindia
Community Member
kisna jewels is 100% right we still need clarification for gem and jewellery . i m regulary trying to get a solution for this . getting in touch with rbi as well customs and (gem and jewellery )export promotion council but if the policies of ebay remain on changing like the way it is its really tough . I THINK AFTER SOME TIME WE WILL NOT BE REQUIRING ANY CLARIFICATION ELSE TO SHUT DOWN.....
This is just a message to eBay and eBay team that the policies of eBay are getting too hard day by day . its taking down the sales especially on which the people like us depend on . That is international sales. what i observed that TRS on eBay.com is too hard too survive. just one buyer gave low ratings and DSR gets down by which eBay TRS gone just by 10% what it shows in DSR . after that if person gets even 20 positive from us buyers 5 stars feedback's TRS its not back. and after that i think it will not be back any more . same with power seller status the polices are becoming harder. it will also do the same with sellers in India if we will not having power seller status and TRS how we will get the visibility and of course the sales will be down to earth . this is what i have experienced in all my ids . eBay is getting too hard day by day for the sellers of eBay.in especially selling on eBay.com . after 1st April i think it will be more tough if fixed price will be .05 cent for ebay.com sellers and .35/.50 for eBay.in sellers then how will we are going to survive if we don't have the visibility with low listings comparatively with eBay.com sellers.

All i CAN SAY IN LAST THAT EBAY TEAM JUST HAVE A LOOK ON EBAY SALES GRAPH OF ALL SELLERS FROM THE DAY TRS IS BEING LAUNCHED IF I AM WRONG WHO HAVE TRS THERE SALES BOOTS LIKE ANYTHING AND IF NOT DOWN LIKE A HELL (MY OWN EXPERIENCE) PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF I M WRONG AND U GUYS CAN ONLY DO SOMETHING AS WE ARE HELPLESS......
LETS HOPE THE BEST FROM EBAY ....
Message 506 of 677
latest reply

nsjewelsindia
Community Member
real.phoenix (521 ) View Listings 18-03-10 10:11 IST 498 of 505
ibtida-e-ishq hai rota hai kya
agey agey dekhiye hota hai kya

Aaj PanCard mangaa hai, kal kuch aur bhi maang sakte hai. chalo hum sab president sahab se milkar bas itna bata dein "we are eBay sellers and we are not smugglers"

perfect perfect perfect we need that:-)
Message 507 of 677
latest reply

tmgexports
Community Member
very well said sir (priya jewels )
i am also facing same problem like for the first month when TRS was launched i was able to qualify for that and just 3,4 buyers who were not satisfied with my shipping prices wrote very good feedback but gave low ratings in terms of star and i lost my TRS since then i am not at all able to get TRS as out 100 or 200 buyers 2,3 buyer are there who are not at all satisfied by any ways and gives low ratings and we will loose TRS in any way and anytime
so i request ebay and team to look into the matter as shipping time and price will be high for international buyers and sellers as compared to domestic and a scale of0.5% and 2 low ratings will definitely TRS from our ids

JUST THINK AGAIN
Message 508 of 677
latest reply

global**trader
Community Member
>>"we are eBay sellers and we are not smugglers"

Well selling anything without obeying the laws of the constitution would be called as illegal in the books of law. Be it import or export.

Export policy says that the export goods has to be commercially shipped with commercial invoice and it has to leave India from any of the approved Ports only.

Also Parallel Export Policy says that we cannot export the branded goods without the formal permission from the manufacturer. Eg: Exporting Branded cosmetics or herbal health items requires the permission from that brand company which is also refered as NOC.

And finally, I have observed that many Indian Products has the note specified in their packaging as "For sale in India" or "For sale in India /Nepal " or For Sale in SAARC nations. Selling these in West is obviously illegal.
One need to be careful about this as this leads to the illegal implications of breach of trademark and theft of the Intellectual Property.

My intension is to throw light on few facts and not to discourage any one from selling anything.
Message 509 of 677
latest reply

global**seller,

1. For the export of products involving less than USD 25000.00 per invoice, one need not do the same formalities as required for the export of products worth more than USD 25k per invoice.

2. If the items are sent via courier company, they do all the customers related formalities.

3. Commercial invoice is to ensure that you are sending the same products to the other country as described and not something else. Other than this, the commercial invoice is for the taxation purpose of the seller. There is no 3rd essence of the commercial invoice. You clearly don't need to ship a 1000 gram parcel in a "Container" from an "Approved Port", my friend.

4. Theft of Intellectual Property - It is done when you replace the brand with your own brand. For example if you purchase Parle-G biscuits, remove the original pack of Parle-G and repack it under your own brand. To sell an item in "As it is" condition isn't called Theft of Intellectual Property.

5. Paralled Export Policy - If the VERO claims that their items cannot be sold (not just exported) without their permission, then eBay will immediately remove those items. You need not worry about this so much.

Lastly, if you can really contribute something to the sellers for the benefit of business, please continue to share your thoughts. The facts on which you have thrown light are already covered with flood lights earlier ๐Ÿ™‚
Message 510 of 677
latest reply