erractic ebay

ballubinni
Community Member
I am an ebay customer since some years now. My ebay id is 'ballubinni'. I had purchased a cellphone worth Rs 14,800 on 15 Aug 12. (PaisaPay ID 31886254121). Yesterday ( 24 Aug 12) I was trying to redeem my Independence Day offer, but I could not do so as the site was asking for a PIN number, which I never had, and regarding which ebay never asked or intimated before. I was asked by the site to confirm a tele number on which I would receive the PIN. I had updated the contact number a few days earlier, on which I was receiving alerts from ebay. Surprisingly this new number never featured on this identity confirmation page. I dont know why? Any way I entered an alternate number, after which the site asked for my secret question 'What is your mother's maiden name?'. My mothers name is Paramjit Kaur, so I entered the same, which did not match the records. At this point of time, I would like to tell you that in what format I had entered the name some years back I do not remember. It may have been P Kaur, or paramjit kaur or Paramjit or Paramjit Kaur. After three chances without any warning, the page locked up and I was asked to contact ebay customer care. Today I have been trying since morning to contact customer care on toll free, but much to my dismay, the line never freed up until noon. At last when I could get through, I was made to wait for 10 min on phone before somebody spoke to me. The matter was discussed, and at the end of twenty mins without any solution, the call got cut. With a lot of anguish in my heart, I tried again, and after half an hour I got through again after a hold time of 15 min. The matter was discussed again, I was put on hold for 10 min, and the call got cut again. You can imagine my state when after wasting so much of time on my phone, I was left stranded. I tried once again, got through after a wait time of 15 min. I explained the matter a third time, I was put on hold for 10 min, and finally told that I have to send a email to ebay to resolve the issue. I could not finish my conversation before the call got cut again.

With regard to all of the above I would like to state that:

1 I wish to know why ebay requires identity confirmation when it has to give me a gift, whereas it is never asks for the same when I am purchasing an item. When my user id and password are considered enough for transanction on ebay, then why this added hurdle for redemption of gift item. My ebay id and password should be good enough.

3. Why so frustratingly long waits for ebay customers on customer care telephone. I am sure the company can afford additional lines for the convinience of its customers. If a customer has to wait for 20-25 min on a phone just to speak to a customer care executive, then very soon u will lose all customers. It was extremely frustrating for me to get through three times, wasting almost an hour on the phone, and still leaving the issue unresolved.

4. Why the issue could not be resolved on telephone? Why do I have to send an email, when the initial direction was to contact customer care. If I have to send an email, then this should have been made clear on the identity confirmation page itself. I had to waste an hour just to find out that I have to send an email (and that too after undergoing all the necessary verification on telephone).

5. At this moment when I am writing this mail, I had made a call through to ebay customer care, and after a wait time of 30 min, still no one has come on line. A very pathetic state of affairs.

I would like to inform that I had very high regards for ebay.in, but all my views are drastically altered now.
Waiting for an expeditious action
Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0