cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Call from ebay. Regarding winning lucky draw.

ks_sajeesh700
Community Member
Yesterday I got a call from this No- 9739267854 saying ebay has conducted a lucky draw contest were I have won some items like Ipod and a Reebok watch. I want to conferm if it is real or fake. they have asked to pay only tax and delivery charge against the item delivery & the amount is more then 1000rs. Please let me know if this is real or just fake. Because I didnt got any email regarding this which is making me give feedback to you.

Thank's & Regard's
Sajeesh K.S
Message 1 of 106
latest reply
105 REPLIES 105

Kya he ye sab me to Bach gaya
Message 51 of 106
latest reply

same here
its real fake
plz tel me
Message 52 of 106
latest reply

Received the same call and was told to do purchase of 4000 to avail the offer. Received a call an hour later about same offer and was told offer is valid till 4 PM. Called eBay India customer support and they told me that they have no such offer from their side. This is a scam, all should beware. The worst thing is they know our name, address, purchase details. Our privacy details are to be guarded by eBay. eBay please do something about this huge security flaw!!!
Message 53 of 106
latest reply

Hi...Every1 i just want to know whether its true or not...so today i receive a message and call from Ebay.in no saying that im the 1st winner of lucky draw and i won a Tata safari car worth 12,68,146 and its said whethes i would like to take car or a money and obviously i said money, which will be credited in my Bank A/C he said so as he ask me to sent a message of my bank a/c no. i gave one of my relatives a/c no. In which bal. is 0.00.After few min. I call him again and he ans. That we are updating your a/c and registration fee amt. 6,000. is required. So is it fake or real?...will i get my gift money after paying registration fee or not?...Plz. Reply me on view of this frnds.TY!

Message 54 of 106
latest reply

gayyuran-0
Community Member

Yes, i had got a call too from an ebay boy and he told about my last order which i had reject and even told my correct address. After that he said i was the lucky draw winner and there was for gift, to get that gift i had to purchase an item which should cost rs3000. How did he got my number and home addresa?

Message 55 of 106
latest reply

gayyuran-0
Community Member
It's fake bro. For any winning cash price they give check and lucky draw winning certificate by parcell without any charges accept parcell charges, if it's require. Be careful
Message 56 of 106
latest reply

I too received the call just today morning, the no. is of Kolkata and there is some girl who is posing as a representative of eBay and telling me that I have purchased something earlier from eBay and details given was accurate even the order id was the same and against which they've drawn a lucky draw for which I am a one out of five winners of their lucky draw for Uttarakhand region. They're giving me option to choose 1 out of 5 gifts for which I have to shop for 5000 and they will merge that transaction I'd with my gift to pay for the GST related to the gift. So in my opinion it's a huge scam and I think it's wrong to say that eBay is involved in the scam because after that I've called the official eBay customer care and they responded that it's a fraud call and eBay doesn't do such lucky draw and if they does sometime then they notify through official mail or call from eBay official number. They have also noted the number from which I received call. So in my opinion it may be a data breach from eBay or from courier companies in which the easier target is courier company I guess because eBay sell it's products through various sellers and sellers decide to choose whatever courier company they want and there are many courier companies that have a bad reputation of breaching data of their customers and scammers easily found out the order details through order manifesto. Infact it can also be possible that any employee of eBay or their courier company can be involved in regulating such scam you never know until a thorough investigation would take place by the company.

Message 57 of 106
latest reply

Today I got a call from this No-7091554178 saying ebay has conducted a lucky draw contest were I have won indika car/6,50000 . I want to Confirm if it is real or fake. they have asked to pay 1% tax the amount is more then 6500rs. Please let me know if this is real or just fake. Because I didnt got any email/massage regarding this which is making me give feedback to you.
My Name is Shivraj Madhavi
Message 58 of 106
latest reply

uday716
Community Member
Same thing happend with me moments before. Some lady called up and was explaining to select a free gift. Told that calling from Ebay promotions Sections. Asked me to choose from some products and buy an item from ebay worth 4k to get this gift.
I am studying cyber forensics and little bit aware about such tactics hence i asked her to tell my official email id for which she told the higherups provide limited details. I was sure that its a scam. Hence asked her to send me a mail and she was like only message can be send. i disconnected the call. hehe
Message 59 of 106
latest reply

22chinmay
Community Member
I today got a call like this....
Message 60 of 106
latest reply