cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A scam running inside Ebay India and sellers , Beware buyers !!

I was a big fan of ebay and made many purchases online. Unlike any customer, I use to look at 100% positive feedback rating. Only recently I discovered an internal scam and not to be surprised if ebay india is working hand in hand with the sellers for same.

I purchased so many products with 100% satisfaction from ebay, but when I ordered this product from a reputated seller (as told by ebay india), the product was not working and even specification was not correct, infact later i order similar products from ebay, which were far better and cheap compared to previoud product.

So, as my customer right, I rated this product negative. The seller started calling me and literally harassing to remove the negative rating. He asked to re-ship the item or repay, in condition to remove the comments. I firmly refused to remove comments as it was proof of what seller is telling is a lie and product should be removed from ebay. 

Suddenly one day, I stopped getting calls and I went ahead with my shoppings. On one fine day, I came across the seller product again and out of curiosity checked who all are complaining against him and to my shock , he was back in 100% positive comment club and my comments had been removed by ebay.

When I complained to ebay on who's authority / approval my comments were removed, ebay told it was removed on "My request", for which I asked to show them the proof that I had asked to remove the comments. It took ebay india a week to respond (no doubt case was transferred to some Bikramjeet, who seems to work hand in hand with the Seller) and instead of showing me the proof that I asked them to remove the comments, they tell me that He (Bikramjeet) removed it in accordance to policy, which he failed to tell. I think the policy was "If you catch us red handed working with sellers, we will do anything we want".

Bikramjeet has not even bothered to clarify after a week has passed, when again asked which clause he had used to remove comments, because there is no clause which explains why negative comments were used.

This is horrible, unprofessional and shameful on part of Bikramjeet and Ebay india. I really admire the company but seems some bad people are running a scam inside this organization. As a part of my protest, I have stopped buying from ebay, next will be campain on social media on how Bikramjeet  and some employees of Ebay cheat and scam buyers and next will launch complain to Ebay senior management and US management

So, guys thats the hidden formula at arriving at sellers rating , when an innocent buyer buys anything from ebay based on the rating of seller ! Corruption at its demo.

*PS: not sure, if they will remove this comment, showing the same policy.

As a protest

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

zanky78
Community Member

Same thing happened with me too.

Message 2 of 23
latest reply

anees_zar
Community Member
Yes I was also dupped for 27565 on a non working phone through their seller i2c worldwide. I returned the phone through bluedart paying through my pocket as they were not taking a dead phone. 6 months has passed by but they have not returned my money. In future if you get any non working product break it with hammer and return because ebay only takes physically damaged goods.
Message 3 of 23
latest reply

Even I was also scammed on 27000...They sent me a fake htc one m8...called ebay but the response was terrible...
Message 4 of 23
latest reply

shudindin
Community Member

In my case seller sent a very substandard product and ebay, seller refused to take it back...seller didnt take any phone call after dozens of trys.. I am sure ebay and sellers together r running racket.. never ever buy anyproduct from this crap site

Message 5 of 23
latest reply

I also get scammed in 15999 for LG G3. Seller sent me used item. Display was loose. Seems like changed display. When I claim for ebay gurantee. Ebay said me I damage the piece....crazy. Closed the case in favor of seller. Now I am stuck with used phone. Believe me, Don't buy here. Buyers Gurantee not works even u provide any kind of proof. Even ebay removed my negative feedback about seller. Everything looks like fixed between claim adsjuster and seller! Remember this fraud seller remove dashes.

Message 6 of 23
latest reply

Yes I was also facing same problem ..one of the seller.name aap ki shop,he sent used second hand product..no giving any responsibility ..he was fraud ebay is not taking any action on him .ebay also partener on this case..both ebay and seller cheating the people
Message 7 of 23
latest reply

Ebay dont have any control on sellers. Sellers are faking people with replica of products. Feedback has no role in ebay, just a formality. I had worst experience with ebay. I asked for help from ebay staff but they canceled my claim and were very rude.

This is very unproffesional, it is  not about money but about trust.

Message 8 of 23
latest reply

Contact : 8066743000, 8066743260 (corporate office) , 022 - 66690098

Message 9 of 23
latest reply

I have also experienced the same today. I had bought one product from Ebay and it was broken and while buying the seller promised one year waranty which he denied once we received the product. So I thought of rating this seller -ve. To my surprise I saw the seller has still 100% positive feedbacks. I called up the Ebay and for the first time their customer care hung upon me. so after waiting for 10min. I called up again. To my surprise the Ebay customer care executive was trying to justify that which so ever feedback they think they delete so promoting their sellers at the expense of buyers interest. This is actually FRAUD.

Message 10 of 23
latest reply