cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Chinese Mobiles, Fake IMEI Numbers, Genuine IMEI Implantation

pareshwins
Community Member
Hi,

Many Chinese Mobile phones have fake IMEI number and as per directive of DOT, these will stop working after Nov. 30th.

Refer:

>http://www.dot.gov.in/as/2008/Requirements%20for%20Natilonal%20Security_10.10.08.pdf

So the BAD NEWS is many chinese phones will stop working after Nov.30.

However the good news is that GSM Association (GSMA) have found a way around the fake IMEI number problem. Users can get a genuine IMEI number implanted on their Chinese mobile phone including the i9 phone for a low fee of Rs.199/-

For more information on IMEI number implantation, please visit the following link:

http://www.msai.in/gii.html

You can get a list of GII (Genuine IMEI Implant)center click here:

http://www.msai.in/listofcentre.php

Paresh
Message 1 of 37
latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

it is not correct to blame sellers

from 3 days i have done 19 payments worth rs 200 for every buyer and we try to sort each and every buyer case.

we are doing what we have promised and will not tell buyer to pay the amt in any case.
Message 21 of 37
latest reply

prashantprem
Community Member
My Fly 2040L display different imei no. on its palette beneath battery than the *#06# combination is giving. It is stopped working since this evening.... I was an Idea user. What to do. I bought it smwhere at a mobile store in Delhi.
Message 22 of 37
latest reply

mansoorkhan1
Community Member
Hi,
It is worth to say that my only one email worked with game_mastr. He sorted out this issue in less than 10 mins and i dont had to go to any where else or pay anything.Just by sitting on my place i could resolve this issue by Mr.Fahim of game_mastr help.He solved this problem for my S9 phone which i took from him more than 3 months back and i dont think any other seller would have entertained this after 3 months of selling their product.
I would recommend all buyers to contact him in this case before banging their head on any other places and with any other person and i am sure he will glad to help the buyers.
Message 23 of 37
latest reply

pareshwins
Community Member
Hi Mansoor,

Can you give more details about how your problem was resolved?

----------

Pareshwins
Message 24 of 37
latest reply

Community Member
dear buyers not some chinees mobiles all chiness mobiles can stoped indian govt from 30/11/2009 so pls contact seller who is told as genuine imei number and ask refund after call 18002093229 and give ur problem details they can give any solutions to u thanks
:-):8}
Message 25 of 37
latest reply

jayadevak
Community Member
I purchased a Chinese mobile from possibleblue. He announced phone with genuine IMEI. He is not available after the transaction neither through e-mail nor mobile. My phone is not working since November 30th. Can someone help me

Jayadev
Posted on 3/12/09
Message 26 of 37
latest reply

Hello Pareshji,

The link for IMEI nos implantation seems to be broken or not found,on clicking the link in the post you have made.

Request you to provide an alternate solution to find,IMEI no implantation centres.

Regard's,
Sanjay
Message 27 of 37
latest reply

pareshwins
Community Member
Hi,

You can also send a SMS as GII < Space> < Postal Pin code of the area> to 52277 (Toll Free)

For example: if the postal pin code of your area is "123456", SMS "GII 123456" to 52277.

You will receive the address and contact details of the nearest GII Outlets through SMS.

To find your nearest GII Service outlet http://www.rcom.co.in/Rcom/personal/home/xls/IMEI_Centre_List_Final.xls

regards,

Pareshwins
Message 28 of 37
latest reply

I have a Sigmatel S22 mobile. Since 1st December, the SIM2 stopped working. The sim1 works flawlessly. Even, if I insert the sim card from SIM2 to SIM1 it works fine. I SMSd my IMEI number to find out if its genuine, and I got a message Success.

How come then SIM2 does not works at all? Are other users facing such issues too? What can be done to resolve such an issue.

Please let me know anything you can in order to rectify the problem.

Many thanks in advance.
Message 29 of 37
latest reply

pareshwins
Community Member
Hi,

S22 has two sim cards, hence it should have 2 IMEI numbers. It seems the SIM1 IMEI number is genuine and Sim2 IMEI number is not. So you will have to get a number IMEI numer implanted in your phone for SIM2.

----------

Pareshwins
Message 30 of 37
latest reply