Paying internationally and domestic shipping

munira1964
Community Member
HI,
Is there a way to pay with international credit card and item shipped to India address?Previously have paid with paypal and rec'd items in India.I won a saree after checking that seller accepts paypal ..but they say cannot ship to India if paid with paypal?I don't have any other means of payment in India and don't wont to loose this item.Plz advice.Thanx
Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

from experience, i can say that when making international buys, it is better to clarify means of payment beforehand.

but i am curious about something...what is this saree available outside of india that india has not been able to make?? last time i checked, we were the largest exporters. must be something unique indeed. can you post the item id?? -- Signature: I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.
-- Signature: I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

munira1964
Community Member
No ..saree is from India and is to be shipped to India, only payment is from USA..so they want me to pay with paisapal or deposit cash in bank account they provided.Is it advisable?
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

oh ok. in that case, paisapay is the safest means for payment. i believe international credit cards should work, as long as they are either visa or mastercard. i wouldn't advice on direct bank transfer. -- Signature: I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

munira1964
Community Member
Thanks Bhusan,
but my card will be in USD,will it tell automatically how much or do I just covert and pay the amount cause the invoice is in rs.?
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

munira1964
Community Member
Thanks Bhushan,
Plz walk me thru this transaction,how to proceed.I really appreciate ur help...I have been trying to reach ebay India since last 15 days ,theres no respone they just keep on forwarding my emails to payapal.don't know why..guess they din't even bother to read my whole email.Thanks anyway. I'll wait for ur reply.
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Hi Munira,

This should help.

http://pages.ebay.in/help/pay/methods.html

Also, whenever i buy from overseas, i just need to enter my card details and the payment portal does the automatic currency conversion from INR. I think the same should apply to USD also. -- Signature: I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

munira1964
Community Member
Thanks for replying ,
but will it work the other way around,will it covert usd to inr,cause I'm paying from USA?I hope it does,I'm gonna try it.Thanks again.
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

munira1964
Community Member
Bhushan,Thank you so much...it worked,I have paid for the item.waiting for the parcel.Thanks again..u've been very helpful.
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

my pleasure...glad to be of help! :) -- Signature: I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.
Message 10 of 10
latest reply