cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Chinese Mobiles, Fake IMEI Numbers, Genuine IMEI Implantation

pareshwins
Community Member
Hi,

Many Chinese Mobile phones have fake IMEI number and as per directive of DOT, these will stop working after Nov. 30th.

Refer:

>http://www.dot.gov.in/as/2008/Requirements%20for%20Natilonal%20Security_10.10.08.pdf

So the BAD NEWS is many chinese phones will stop working after Nov.30.

However the good news is that GSM Association (GSMA) have found a way around the fake IMEI number problem. Users can get a genuine IMEI number implanted on their Chinese mobile phone including the i9 phone for a low fee of Rs.199/-

For more information on IMEI number implantation, please visit the following link:

http://www.msai.in/gii.html

You can get a list of GII (Genuine IMEI Implant)center click here:

http://www.msai.in/listofcentre.php

Paresh
Message 1 of 37
latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

So all the Dual SIM chinese phones needs to have 2 IMEI number? What do I do now?
Message 31 of 37
latest reply

pareshwins
Community Member
Hi,

Get a genuine imei implanted on the second number. There is a link in this dicussion on the imei centers.

-----------

Pareshwins
Message 32 of 37
latest reply

Pareshbhai,

I wanted to know why do some dual SIM mobiles have 2 IMEI nos and others have 1 IMEI nos, why is this please ??

Thanks.

******************************* Regards.
Raj Electronics.
Message 33 of 37
latest reply

pareshwins
Community Member
Hi,

IMEI numbers are required in very few countries like France, Brazil, Costa Rica, Columbia & Argentina and now India.

Hence most manufacturer's in China have not placed much importance on them.

Most thought if they make on cellphone one imei should be okay as it is equipment identification and not sim idefication which any way goes to the mobile service operator.

However now govt. norms in India are such that every sim should have a unique imei as they would not be able to filter out mulitple sims with same imei.

Now most chinese manufacturers' are also inputing two imei numbers in their phones.

Actually implating genuine imei number for a manufacturer is a negligible cost. However his operation need to be of a certain scale that he would be alloted an imei number.

Going forward all mobiles will have one imei per sim. So tri sim phones should have two imei and one esn number.

----------\

Pareshwins
Message 34 of 37
latest reply

pareshwins
Community Member
Another Aside - All ebaY users / Indians have this thing for buying the cheapest product offered.

Than they go complaining that they have got a lemon.

The i9 (or similar) phone is available from good manufacturers at a 205 - 30% premium. However if that is listed on ebaY it will nto sell 10% of what the cheaper i9s are sellers. These manufactuers are willing to offer and honor 1 year warranty.

There is a old Indian saying - "Sasta Roye Bar Bar, Mehenga Roye Ek Bar." (Some who buys a cheap product will cry often, buy someone who buys a costly product will cry only once).

Perhaps there is some truth in this.

----------

Pareshwins
Message 35 of 37
latest reply

badhani07
Community Member
Dear all,
As my mobile working ok till jan 10, but after that this display invalid imei no. as trai also closed his imei implementing program . Requesting to you how and where we can implement new imei no. now . As in market no one is doing this and saying if u implement any where this will also fake and close after some time
Message 36 of 37
latest reply

uzielkr
Community Member
You all can check IMEIs at http://www.numberingplans.com/ .... if you used fake IMEI, you will get a messege "INVALID SIM" in MTK based china phones like i9+++ etc ... Some IMEIs are taken from phones that are distroyed or no more in use .... the manufacturer has to buy these imeis from the owner. Its very strange that sellers in ebay claim for full original imei (even after knowing that this may not be true) they sell and cheat users and the sad part is that eBay India is allowing all this to go on.
Message 37 of 37
latest reply