cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

"REGISTERED AIRMAIL" service by india post.only for letters?

aashita012
Community Member
Hi,
is the registered airmail service only for letters or can small articles upto 500 gms be sent through it as well? the local post office says to send it thru Parcel post,but it is very expensive.has anybody used registered airmail service to send small articles outside India? wht is the packaging and documentation required?thanks!!
Message 1 of 50
latest reply
49 REPLIES 49

parcels upto 1000 gms can be sent through registered air mail.No documentation is required and parcels have to be packed in cloth and sealed.

I use registered air mail regularly for small packets outside India, and have no complaint so far.
Message 2 of 50
latest reply

Hi,
Upto 2 KG.That is the limit for that.
After that you should use speedpost provided a speedpost service is available to that country.
Heavier items can be shipped by parcel or SAL.This you can ship anywhere.
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 3 of 50
latest reply

aashita012
Community Member
Dear Jwell_mart,
thank you for your reply.so I'm assuming no customs declaration is required.and sealing it with wax is a must?
and what can be done to request the "ziddi" postal officer to accept 500gms packets/parcels as registered airmail category and not parcel post?
thanks!!

Dear Amitava123gems,

Thank you for your reply. my most packages of small articles would be in the category of 500gms only. it will be very economical to send them thru registered airmail. The local postal officer is being very difficult and only revealing his ignorance by refusing to accept registered airmail packet. thanks once again.
Message 4 of 50
latest reply

kapsicum2k
Community Member
any any1 suggest me the site/page to get estimate for "Registered Airmail" from India to China
Message 5 of 50
latest reply

hi friends i also ship outside country.I am noob in this airmail thing.I used speedpost it charges rs 525 to Asia,rs. 800 to Europe.All my parcels are appx 250 grams.
I asked the speedpost officer about airmail,he said airmail & ems are the same thing.
But i felt its not the truth,Is airmail is cheaper as its not trackable.Do i need to open some account to do Airmail?
Regards
Sunny
Message 6 of 50
latest reply

don't send through Registered Airmail Parcel from india to abroad as they dont give tracking number. however speed post is better option there is tracking number with it.
Message 7 of 50
latest reply

dsparklezz
Community Member
I am not sure whether you can open account for regd airmail like speed post.Upto 2 kg you can send through registered airmail. The rates are usually the same worldwide depending on the weight of the parcel.
Message 8 of 50
latest reply

nri_collection
Community Member
Best price calculator.
It calculates the price based on filled details.
But I don't know what you will be charged once you provide same details at Fukin INDIA POST.
I know. They will come up with some new amount about which they can't explain anything.
http://www.indiapost.gov.in/Netscape/foreigntariff.html
Message 9 of 50
latest reply

beauty*herbs
Community Member
I am planning to send some herbal products (up to 2 kg) overseas using Registered Airmail service. May I know if items are required to be shown at the Post office and packaging requirement for the products
Message 10 of 50
latest reply