cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

"REGISTERED AIRMAIL" service by india post.only for letters?

aashita012
Community Member
Hi,
is the registered airmail service only for letters or can small articles upto 500 gms be sent through it as well? the local post office says to send it thru Parcel post,but it is very expensive.has anybody used registered airmail service to send small articles outside India? wht is the packaging and documentation required?thanks!!
Message 1 of 50
latest reply
49 REPLIES 49

Re: "REGISTERED AIRMAIL" service by india post.only for letters?

Go to another post office.

Message 31 of 50
latest reply

You can send it by REGISTERED AIRMAIL it is way cheaper but it takes about 10 - 15 days.

Message 32 of 50
latest reply

Registered Airmail has a tracking number. You can send packages upto 2kg via registered airmail (DO NOT MENTION PARCEL)

Message 33 of 50
latest reply

DO NOT MENTION AS PARCEL. Just say Registered Airmail (It goes as a letter mail). It is way cheaper.

Message 34 of 50
latest reply

Hello D, I'm visiting this board after a very long time. Infact your query is also being replied to after a loooong gap. However,for the benefit of  others - YES ! Registered airmail - Letter service is 100% for sending articles as well and not just letters! Infact,it is now compulsory to attach Customs Declaration form (CN 22) with every mail. You need to include information about the contents inside the mail. (Had it been only for letters,like some silly clerks at the post office still say,then customs form would not be necessary!) For example if you are sending chocolates,write something like "Nutrition/ Healthcare" on the customs form (ha ha).

Regarding pricing ,it is available on Indiapost website for all articles. As of today, a 20 gram registered letter sent by airmail would cost 75 rupees. The pricing goes up with added weight. you can send only articles weighing upto 2 kg using this method. If the weight is higher than 2 kg limit ,use SAL service.

Smaller post office and small towns usually are less knowledgable,so if you come across a difficult clerk,try visiting a different post office!

Hope the above information is helpful to you and many others!

Message 35 of 50
latest reply

pamarames
Community Member
Hai
Iam new to this

I just bought a tablet from ebay my location is india(south) it's cost is around 88 usd and weight less than 500 gms.
Will it attract any customs fee. And will it come to my pincode or I have to go and collect some where I don'nt know.
;
And how to pay custom fee if it attracts?

Please tell me iam confused..???????
Message 36 of 50
latest reply

India Post Kerala Region not accepting medicinal products , herbal products and food items . But it can send easliy from Mumbai / Delhi. 

Message 37 of 50
latest reply

Registered letters and packets are for all kinds of articles not just letters; however clersks refuse to accept stuff based on their own whims and fancies. electronic items are one such item. I had filed an RTI query a year ago in Bangalore to confirm that there is no restriction on sending electronic items through Registered Post and I got a reply saying there is no restriction. However clerks still argue with me. Finally I gave up trying to send stuff via Regd Post. If there is any eBayer in India who knows a cooperative post office, I would be glad to hire him and pay him a commission to send my stuff overseas and I am sure lots of eBayers would welcome such a service.

Message 38 of 50
latest reply

Please upload copy of RTI obtained by you regarding internation shipping via registered mail

Message 39 of 50
latest reply

For all who have queries regarding herbal items and export as well as registered airmail. I would like to clear it. Herbals are allowed in certain countries and not allowed in some countries. You need to ask your buyer if its allowed in their country before shipping it otherwise it will be returned back and you will have to refund the buyer. Regarding custom clearance in India : Yes, its necessary to attach CN 22 form on any international mail. Also you have to mention the item inside. It is the jurisdiction of custom officer to open any packet and check the contents. So be prepared to have an IEC code and an ADC NOC is needed for every shipment containing chemical, medicines, herbal products or medical device. Custom officer may ask you for these anyday and you must present it to them for your item to be exported. Regarding sending items by Indiapost registered airmail. Up to 2 kgs is allowed with airmail. After that you need to use speedpost or parcel. Tracking is updated by Indiapost but in some countries like Australia etc do not update tracking once item reaches their country. In that condition , India post will not update on  registered tracking. Speedpost is trackable. Hope this clarifies things.

Message 40 of 50
latest reply