cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

selling used and damaged item with the label Brand New item

sbtzo
Community Member
On 30th July, 2005 I have won Item No.6416835975 Brand New Sharp GX-15 Camera Mobile Handset from Mobizoneindia. The item won by me for an amount of Rs.6,700/-.But when I received the handset I found that it was a used one and it contains several personal / family photos in the folders, some video clippings and some personal email messages which was received some 4 months back. The handset was also looked so old and a used one. Moreover the handset began to show problems on the second day itself. The battery even if charged
fully, the power was lasted only for a couple of hours. This is due to the fact that the battery is at least 2 years old and partially worn out The matter was referred to the seller and in turn he agreed to replace the same with a new one. The seller agreed to replace the
handset with the same brand or any other brand of my choice and in turn I opted Sony Ericsson k300i handset to replace the Sharp GX-15 handset.
On receipt of the Sony Ericsson k300i handset I found that it was not available with USB port facility. But the advertisement of the seller for the same item shown that it was having USB facility. The matter again referred to the seller and without giving satisfactory explanation to my complaint, he offered me to replace some other brand new set at my option and also recommended Sendo X Smartphone which is having all the
facilities like bluetooth, infrared, mp3 player etc. He also offered me the handset at the discounted price of Rs.8800/- On 02nd September 2005 I received Sendo X Smartphone from the seller. But this handset was also
begun to show problems on the second day itself. The battery even if charged fully, the power was lasting only for a couple of hours. This is due to the fact that the battery is at least 2 years old as in the case of Sharp GX-15 handset supplied by the seller. The handset is
beginning to get heated after 10-15 minutes of plug on for battery charging. The set could not be used by me even for a few days or test the other facilities like bluetooth or infrared because of this problem. I complained regarding this on 19.09.2005 and as advised by him waited for three weeks as the battery was out of stock. After more than 23 days, only after sending 3 reminders he responded to my letter saying that
he is not able to replace the battery as it is not available with him at present. Besides in his advertisement he cited as a first specification of the item that the handset was having a radio. But the facility is not available for the handset. He shown
inability to refund the money and only offered to replace the battery and not given any comment on the defects shown by the handset. Even if I wrote again on 21.10.2005 requesting him either to refund the amount or
suggest any other arrangements he have not given any reply to my letter till now. He even suggested to sell
the handset on ebay itself which was not accepted by me as I do not want to sell a defective set to a third party who will find himself in my present position. Even if I wrote to the Chairman directly because ebay help desk did not cared to read my grievance, I have not received any reply. I am still keeping the item in showcase. The authorities not seem to have taken any action against the seller. I have lost confidence with the ebay.

sbtzo
Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

ponti_in
Community Member
ebay can reply on this detail complain.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

atulnc1
Community Member
SORRY TO HEAR YOUR PROBLEM,I THINK EBAY SHOULD INTEREFERE AND DO JUSTICE TO YOUR CAUSE.AS FAR I REFERRED THERE IS NO SELLER NAMED MOBIZONEINDIA HERE ON EBAY.
YOU CAN MAKE A BUYER PROTECTION CLAIM UNDER THE SECTION "BUYER PROTECTION".
GIVE EBAY SOME REMINDERS, I HOPE SO EBAY WILL DEFINATELY HELP UR CAUSE.

ATUL
Message 3 of 3
latest reply