eBay India - Good, Bad & Ugly

Hi All,

Some thoughts based on my past experience.

Good:-
a) Excellent interface
b) Premier portal
c) Lot of flexibility
d) Usually remittance cycle is accurate
e) Seller tools
f) Well documented Policies, Procedures and FAQs though some of them are obsolete and have not been updated

Bad & Ugly:-
a) Arbitrary nature in selection of daily deals. This is not at all transperant. It feels like there are some clearly biased decisions that are regularly made in selecting daily deals. I have mail evidence to that effect. Some daily deals simply don't make sense with individuals having 92% feedback, 5 quantum feedback or prices higher than what we offered! Also, there doesn't seem to be a clear policy on selection of daily deals. There appears to be nil internal controls to stop unhealthy practices or may be, eBay wants it that way?
b) Lack of clarity in communication about account managers. We currently do not seem to have any account manager as no one is responding.
c) Forcing of campaigns incorrectly like PowerShip
d) Support for selling for small sellers is only there on paper but in reality is missing grossly
e) Incorrect application of seller performance rating to Below Standard despite all performance metrics on eBay's own dashboard showing above standard. Countless mails have not been responded and I am still facing this problem. No one is able to provide a solution.
f) Inexperienced eBay TNS & Customer Care Teams with insufficient understanding of their own eBay policies. I have to educate them several times.
g) Lack of flexibility in interpreting the spirit of eBay policies for out-of-the-box exceptional cases and scenarios. It feels like I am talking to robots or IVRs some times wherein there is no common sense approach or application of thought and mind.
h) High fees
i) Lack of quick revert / callbacks when feedback is provided
j) Insulting treatment by some individuals in eBay teams
k) Latest one is that sales intimations are not properly getting triggered to eBay registered email ID.

I have written to Ameet Shah, Rahul Mone, Venkatesh, Jay, Ashish, Hasan and umpteen others with nil or insufficient response.

I do not expect anything to change but thought I should give some genuine feedback. Above is obviously not an exhaustive list!
Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Rightly said in Good Points.

Bad & Ugly:

1. Payment Gateway Interface (Lots of buyers reporting issues), but eBay team is doing nothing from last 2 months.
(Unexpected)

2. "b) Lack of clarity in communication about account managers. We currently do not seem to have any account manager as no one is responding."

I am really satisfied with inputs from my account Manager. She is very very helpful, generous, and revert to me very quickly to my all issues i faced on eBay. A Big Thanks to her.

3. "d) Support for selling for small sellers is only there on paper but in reality is missing grossly"

Its true. There should be a training provided to serious new sellers to get them started here in a good node.

4. "h) High fees
i) Lack of quick revert / callbacks when feedback is provided"

I Agree

5. "j) Insulting treatment by some individuals in eBay teams"

There should be a way out to report this. It really should not happen.

SmartPhoneForEver

SmartPhoneForEver
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

indirapriya2012
Community Member
Can anyone please tell me how to cancel an order on ebay website.as i'm not able to contact them either through customer care number or live chat.they are just keeping my call on hold.
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Dear Indirapriya2012,

Are you referring to your Cash on delivery transaction - the duplicate one? If yes, we are glad to inform you that only one transaction has been accepted rejecting the duplicate one.
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Dear techy-hub and smartphoneforever,

Thank you for sharing your honest feedback. It provide us an insight of the areas we need to grow in order to lessen our seller's pain.
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Hi Seemak,

It would be nice if you could address and resolve some of the problems reported by me like incorrect below standard rating, account managers and arbitrary selection of daily deals.

Would be much obliged if we can at least resolve short term issues.
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

uniquecreations2012
Community Member
since i have opened my account on FEB of this year and started selling from same month, NOT EVEN one ebay official called me to help how to list my items on ebay.in.
this is pathetic to tell that i DO NOT KNOW WHO MY ACCOUNT MANAGER IS FOR ALL THESE 10 MONTHS.

FORCING TO OPT FOR POWER SHIP IS A JOKE , TWO COURIER PEOPLE ONE FROM FEED-EX AND BLUE-DART HAVE VISITED MY ADDRESS FOR PICK UP, BUT THE FUNNY THING IS I NEVER OPTED FOR POWER-SHIP ..THIS IS BAD PRACTICE BY EBAY.IN.
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Seemak,

Still waiting for resolution from eBay on some of the short term issues... need your urgent intervention on the same else what is the point of providing feedback and reporting issues on the forum?
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

lovely.shikha
Community Member
Dear Concerned,

My refund request was approved 2 months back, but till date have not received the amount back to my A/C. Have made several call with the EBAY but they are saying now that case is rejected without notify me and without any reason. miss poonam was handling this case she called me only one time ans asked for issue and details. I had sent all required details to her then she arranged a conference call with seller, seller was saying that the item which he has received was scratched but i had already that item (Mobile) was not as described as it having some marks, spots & having software problem due to this its being restart again and again, and look like as second hand handset that's why i am not satisfied with it, and i had sent revert back to seller after discussion with seller.
Then i have file a case. but till now no one have tried to resolve my case i had sent a lot of email and sms to seller and had sent email and i am tired to contact to eBay via phone & chat but there is no positive response. sometime say that your refund is approved and sometime say that you will get an update with in next 24 hrs sometime say that case is rejected, i have all char record in which mentioned that my refund has been approved on 25 Aug 2012. but now eBay is saying that i should talk to seller or courier company as seller is saying item was damaged.

I am suffering since last 3 month with eBay. I am sending you attachment which i had sent to eBay during case discussion with poonam as she was demanding as required. i have mentioned clearly before about item and told to eBay for the same but nobody is giving and given me any response. I had loss both my money and product and wasted so lot of time. Now i am very sad upset, dissatisfied and unhappy with eBay. sometimes i feel that what i do ? should i raise a FIR or should I go for consumer court or should i do murder myself, what i do i don't want live more as i am very frustrated due to this and due to this i have lot of family problem.

On 17th Oct Mr. Vinayak form eBay called me after my lot of request on chat with Zeenat, Ravinder, Manisha & Mayuresh. he was saying that he will call me again after 2 or 3 hrs but till now he did not made any call for update. I had already say that i want to close this case as soon as possible. if you want i am ready for conference call with seller to clear everything.

My eBay ID- lovely.shikha.
Claim ID- 110047
PaisaPay ID- 31738183690
Item ID- 110923500671, BRAND NEW BOX PACK BLACKBERRY TORCH 9810 WITH REDINGTON INDIA WARRANTY.
SellerID- gromo_deals
Txn Date- 2012-07-29
Total Cost- Rs.20,799.00

Please pay your attention towards to it. I am still awaiting for your graceful response.

Vikrant Tyagi
Message 9 of 9
latest reply