Yeh Hai ebaY ka Buyer.

pareshwins
Community Member
Buyer Buys MP4 player from us.

After using it for one month, loading some 500 songs on it complains of FM reception.

We get product back and check FM reception is better than Nokia Mobile Phones.

Buyer says product does not have Folder support.

We check player and find Buyer has done the following :

Removeable Disk -> Folder1->CD1->MovieName->Songs

4 layered subdirectory. We never mentioned that product will support such functions.

Buyer leaves negative stating -

"FM Function is not working & Auto Play is not happening for MP3 Songs"

He also opens SNAD dispute.

My id gets restricted due to such ratings.

So after one month of delivering a perfectly functional and as described product, one buyer will get my id restricted.

The buyer gets to use the product for over a month, takes no pain to return the parcel (I did a reserver pick up) and wants entire money back after besmirching my reputation.

ebaY will not remove such ratings as there is no way I prove it is unjust.

Paresh
Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Yeh Hai ebaY ka Buyer.

nilezone
Community Member
Thanks I am gold powerseller and soon gonna loose because my account is restricted and i have one neutral feedback and 2 negative feedbacks left by buyers all of sudden without any communication.

I have a case with buyer. Usually we mention in listing all taxes and octroi should be paid by buyer.

Buyer ordered goods worth 6000 rs and octroi people held the shipment and buyer refused to pay any octroi and left negative feedback. I shipped him another item and my product is still with octroi and lost 6000 rs and got negative feedback and account restricted.

The other buyer received item and claimed parcel is empty but he did not claim infront of courier people and i always mention in listing item should be checked infront of courier people and reported if any problem. I had to give full refund to buyer with shipping charges and beg him not to leave any feedbacks. I lost 14000 rs for no reason without my fault. I had 100% positive feedbacks. Many buyers have started doing such things. We have to take care of our accounts so no use of falling in disputes and act against such buyers.

Not sure if any use of writing all these things here because its not gonna help anyways ๐Ÿ™‚

sellers should get united to solve these problems.

Note:- Amitva123gems i understand you buddy but if u were selling electronics and expensive goods u would say the same things.
Message 11 of 17
latest reply

Yeh Hai ebaY ka Buyer.

rajjgo
Community Member
Dear Sellers,

I'm in the same boat too. I sold off a HTC Touch Mobile Phone to a buyer in Secunderabad. The buyer paid through Paisapay. The phone was dispatched on the same day of confirmation of payment by eBay. The phone was delivered through Bluedart. The phone returned back on the third third day from Bluedart saying that the DELIVERY ADDRESS DID NOT EXIST.

I later got in touch with the buyer and asked him for a confirmed shipping address. The buyer said that the address was correct and he recieves products ordered from eBay on the same address. So this time i dispatched through Aramex. Same thing happened again, the phone returned back saying that INCORRECT ADDRESS. I called the buyer again and he started abusing me and threatened to leave me a negative feedback.

And later, he did leave me a negative feedback. The buyer's user ID is madhuram_2008.

On checking his eBay records, i saw that he was a newly registered user on eBay i.e. on 15 June 2008. And he has never purchased anything from eBay as he has no feedback at all.

At the end of the day, i get a negative feedback, i spend money in shipping and insurance twice, and get restriction on my account.

This is really pathetic !
Message 12 of 17
latest reply

Yeh Hai ebaY ka Buyer.

DEAR ALL REPUTED SELLERS

I M HAVING THREE POINT POLICIES
1. LET BUYER GO TO HELL WHO GIVES NEUTAL/NEGATIVES IN HURRY
2. IF BUYER REPORTS A PROBLEM TELL THEM TO LEAVE THE +V FIRST AND THEN APPLY THE REFUND OR REPLACEMENT
3. IF HE IS NOT AGREE TO LEAVE +v FIRST TELL THEM TO RETURN THE ITEM AND TAKE THE FULL REFUND AFTER THAT

IF HE IS NOT AGREE TO ABOVE ALL SIT BACK AND RELAX

what do u say?
Message 13 of 17
latest reply

Yeh Hai ebaY ka Buyer.

creative_pursuits
Community Member
Its so painful to read the posts on this thread...I think everyone has had sum bitter experience or the other related to the feedback policy!!! I think The Grand pop up which comes on the feedback page stating Buyers will not be given negative feedbacks is motivating the Buyers more to take advantage of the new system!!!

EBAY! Are u reading this???????
Message 14 of 17
latest reply

Yeh Hai ebaY ka Buyer.

indraneel@ebay.com
Community Member
Hello Mala (creative_pursuits),

Yes we are reading this and as I said here that we have been taking into consideration each and every suggestion/concern/issue being highlighted by all the members on the community boards and soon you would hear from us on the steps that we will be taking in that direction.

Hope the community would agree with me that we have been after buyers who give unjust feedbacks to our sellers and we have taken necesary actions against them + removed the unjust feedbacks being left to the sellers.

However, I also understand that there is no denying the fact that our sellers have been seeing alot of changes since past a few months and we are totally there to comfort and support are sellers come what may!

I hope that I was able to build some confidence amongst sellers on this thread.

Regards,
Indraneel
Message 15 of 17
latest reply

Yeh Hai ebaY ka Buyer.

Dear all,

I would like to share my experience from Baazee.com era.
At that time, sellers suffered such feedback problems but these were handlled very carefully by the customer care executive from baazee.com. Incase any negative feedback, they used to check the case from both the buyer's and the seller's side and most of the times they found that the negative feedback was left due to lack of knowledge or in hurry. The reasons of negative feedback were same as these days but the customer care executive had the power to check and change the negative unjustified rating into neutral rating. They do not change comment unless otherwise it was necessary but the neutral rating had no impression on the feedback as in the present ebay policy in which even the neutral rating leaves a negative impression.

I suggest the ebay to consider the same feedback policy as former baazee.com.

If there are tow persons having some differences, it is not always possible they reach an agreement that is justified and acceptable to both unless there is any third person impartial mediator hence there is a great need of a mediator for all such feedback disputes.

I sugget that :

1. Ebay should not consider the neutral rating while calculating the total feedback on any member.

2. Negative feedback if any should be taken care of by the ebay customer care executive and he/ she should have the power to change this rating into negative or remove it at all so that it may not affect the reputation om the member in any way.
Message 16 of 17
latest reply

Yeh Hai ebaY ka Buyer.

creative_pursuits
Community Member
Thanx Indraneel for a response!

While I do understand and accept that u guys have been succesful in solving a few Issues with feedback and corrected them too,the fact remains that My personal experience of contactiong ebay for a scrutiny into the feedback Left was bad because the answers were just cut and paste types...and nothing more..so naturally it hurts!!!And since I am no longer a power seller..i dont have the privilege of Guidance by my SM Too!Neways I am happythe team is working towards sum relaxations to the policy.

Looking Forward to see sum positive changes Soon.

Regards
Mala
Message 17 of 17
latest reply