cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Whats important, buyer Satisfaction or Buyer Satisfaction Rate ????????????

highskyindia
Community Member
Today I Post this thread because Its happened with me also. Yes, You guessed it right , for the first time, my account has come in to restrictions, but I feel that this will not be the last time.

Today Afternoon i got a mail from TNS that My account has been restricted because my buyer satisfaction rate is poor. I Am a seller who is selling actively for past two years,and has always maintained a feedback percentage of 99.9 or 99.8%(before the new feedback system), then suddenly it fell to 98.5%(after the New feedback system), Today morning my feedback percentage was 98.7% , . My score showed that I had received 188 positive FB,1 negative FB and 5 neutrals,in past 3o days, also I had 3 open disputes for Item not received or as described, Now all these 3 disputes were resolved some time ago, and also two buyers had also given me positive feed backs , but just they could find time to close the disputes, and Today I paid a price for this,
TNS could not see this because I think they are not located in Mumbai but located somewhere in outer space.

I have 2500+ positive FBs, My monthly average of +ve FBs is about 200, I get one negative and 5 neutrals ,and I am told that My buyer satisfaction rate is low.
At any given time I have 850+ listings live on eBay , and I am told that I am a non performing seller.
I hold Gold powerseller status ( which I am likely to loose because sales are already down) and i am told that if I do not improve, my account will be suspended.

My self a seller who has 2500+ positive feed backs. My account faces restrictions because I have 3 open disputes, which have been resolved but because buyers could not find time to close them, and I got 1 negative and 5 neutrals , on the other hand a seller who has sold 10 products in a month or year and got about 5 +ve feedbacks and no negative or neutrals has a higher buyer satisfaction rate that me .

I ASK THE COMMUNITY WHAT KIND OF CALCULATION IS THAT???
What is more important, buyer Satisfaction or just the Buyer Satisfaction Rate???

I have been a person who has been selling internationally on a large scale, and always made an effort to maintain my reputation on eBay,
Today My concern was not the restriction , but it was the humiliation I felt, that even after giving a sincere effort to eBay I was put in a category of sellers who are bad and non performing.
I have devoted most of my time to eBay because i thought that it was a wonderful platform,I always liked doing eBay.
I was always proud that i was a reputed seller on eBay, but today i am literally ashamed of my association with eBay. EBay has failed to take care of us.

Right now at midnight I literally have tears in my eyes, because after forming a bond with eBay.in and putting so much effort just to maintain a good reputation I just got a humiliating mail of this stupid department called TRUST AND SAFTY, who I believe now have gone to sleep for next one month.
I really feel sorry for myself

Also I request Ebay pinks not to reply to my this post, as i very well know that you do not understand us at all, and have nothing new to say , so please do not reply.

Regards
Dr Akash Datt
for Newnarket05(restricted account)
Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

sky.way
Community Member
Even I am facing the same problem. Yes even my ID is under restriction just because of one neutral and one negative feedback.

I have given full refunds to both of them immediately by PaisaPay.

I am not appealing or pleading for the removal of the restriction on my ID. Instead I have decided to quit ebay.

Day by day the problems are increasing and sellers life is becoming like hell on ebay.

I had a 99.6% positive feedback before the new feedback policy.

I like your post Some suggestions to improve the new feedback system

One day will come when ebay may really do that.

I have 3 pending orders on ebay, I am not feeling like completing those orders. May be I will leave them for auto refunds.

The future on ebay is very dark for sellers. I have been on ebay since a very long time but never felt that I should leave ebay. But now I am leaving ebay. I will not list anything from today onwards and will not beg for the removal of the restriction.

We devote a lot of time and energy on ebay and have a very insecure business. If we devote the same time and energy on some other work then atleast we can have a secure business and a happy life without any tensions.

Amjad
Message 2 of 23
latest reply

techniwas
Community Member
Amjad / Akash

I thought only myself is under restriction. But here I see TnS is back!!

I agree completely:
We devote a lot of time and energy on ebay and have a very insecure business. If we devote the same time and energy on some other work then atleast we can have a secure business and a happy life without any tensions.

Both Amjad and muself have sacrificed college and studies to an extent over the past years for a career in online selling. No points for guessing, we are looking out for other options ...

TechiE

TechiE
Message 3 of 23
latest reply

nilezone
Community Member
Well I am with you guys! i had 100% positive feedbacks on my account before the new feedback policy. The new feedback policy encourage buyers to leave negative feedback without any fear ๐Ÿ™‚
Its online sales and no doubt buyer can never be 100% satisfied because they can not see the product in hand. The price is a bit higher because of ebay fees and courier charges. And they have to look into manuals and use product without our help so at times they get confused and since we indians do not have patience sudden negative feedbacks. Well there are many buyers who do not know what is feedback for them its just fun not serious stuff so they leave neutral feedback saying good product. Thanks and i am happy. Ebay and their bots just read the feedbacks and put on restrictions. I feel ebay need more manpower and need to understand their sellers and their problems. I get everyday call please increase listing since we have reduced the fees. But my account is restricted just coz 2 negative feedbacks in my life time and even these feedbacks i received for miscommunication and one bcoz of buyers mistake. He do not wanna pay any octroi and left negative feedback i sent him another item also the product stuck in octroi is gone worth 6000 rs.

I am seriously planning to quit ebay. And request all powersellers and sellers to get united and raise voice against ebay.
Message 4 of 23
latest reply

How sad and humiliating.
They will realise only when it is too late.

We sellers stock inventory. We earn bread for ebay.
Message 5 of 23
latest reply

This is very sad and humilating
There is no fun left in ebay to sell but fear

Samin
Message 6 of 23
latest reply

esmartbazaar
Community Member
Dear all sellers are in the same boat , we are also having restrictions , and it is painfull to say the least .

Each and every word said by Akash and Amjad is True in every sense , yes no body can continue with such policies .

Its about time when sellers start leaving ebay for other practical options .

Regards,
Nitin
Message 7 of 23
latest reply

hi! Techie

Even i have scrificed a lot of thing for a good career in online selling and that too only on ebay. I never ever thought that i will have to leave ebay and search for some other business.

I have restricted my work on ebay to spare time for something else. I love to talk to my account manager and the category manager, they say increase the listings, i really want to increase listings and i get very enthusiastic when i talk to them and say yes i will increase the listings. But when i disconnect the phone, i get a feeling... ebaY ..... disputes.... negatives.... neutrals.... refunds after months..... replacements after months.... buyer satisfaction.... seller dissatisfaction.... any time restriction.... suspension.... feedback extortion.... and i say nO to myself.

As per the new annoucements of listing fees, i want to list thousands of items in different categories as i use to do before the listings fees introduction. With the same feeling again.

Regarding the restrictions on so many sellers due to a few neutrals and negatives is not at all good. In a platform like ebaY no one can give 100% satisfaction to the buyers. Indian mentality is like, they will never be satisfied. no business in the world can have a 100% customer satisfaction.

Ebay should allow the sellers to do a free mind business. har taraf se tension hoga to seller kahan se accha kaam kar sakega. Tension mein har kaam galat hi hoga. Sometimes you need to keep the policies aside and use a combination of your heart and mind.

Regards
Shuaib
Regards
Shuaib
Aafsaa.com
Message 8 of 23
latest reply

blackberry.stores
Community Member
Thanks and i would like to join you guys and i agree to this. People give negative feedback for unpaid items and if we file unpaid item and if they reply negative feedback is there ๐Ÿ™‚ and for 1 or 2 negative and neutral feedback account is restricted. As well as these days i am tired of giving full refund to buyers who use item for 2-3 months and then file item not as discribed and ask for full refund and shipping as well and we receive item in open box or no box and used and we have to accept just because we have to carry on business.

I am not sure how to do business on ebay.

Ebay owners sitting in US and UK they feel indian buyers and people behave similer to their people. But sadly its not indian buyers can never get satisfied. Infact a few things i noticed if we keep items on bidding and if buyer find other buyer has purchased similer item for lower price they have attitude problem and they leave purposely negative or neutral feedback and when we ask ebay about it get answer they can not do anything in case of feedbacks.

Please find alternative selling site.

regards
Message 9 of 23
latest reply

techniwas
Community Member
oops did you say alternative selling site? Have you ppl also received invitation to join the other option? ๐Ÿ˜„

Getting back to the Tns Issue see these:

http://forums.ebay.in/thread.jspa?threadID=600002363&tstart=0&mod=1210348124082 Post 56

http://forums.ebay.in/thread.jspa?messageID=500018807&tstart=0 Post 5

http://forums.ebay.in/thread.jspa?threadID=600002433&tstart=0&mod=1214406908102 Post 7

http://forums.ebay.in/thread.jspa?threadID=600002402
Post 1/11 (first reply)

http://forums.ebay.in/thread.jspa?threadID=600002363&tstart=0&mod=1211097176885
Post 56

http://forums.ebay.in/thread.jspa?threadID=600002363&start=40
post 21

Even before the launch of the new policy I have been highlighting the TnS issue. When genuine sellers (hope i am considered one) can feel the upcoming issues so strongly: WHY ISNT THERE ANY SOLUTION.

Are eBay category managers and our account managers able to justify our restriction? It it fair? If not then where is the eBay India decision making in policies???? If yes... Ram ram bauji, hamko nahi bechna hai hamra maal yaha par!

BTW: Did the sellers with restricted accounts realize the fact that the 30 day restriction is to improve your track record. And failing to it would mean a SUSPENSION!

TechiE

TechiE
Message 10 of 23
latest reply