What Is Dealer Warranty????

prakash_rathore
Community Member
All My Dear Friends,
I am buyer on eBay & purchased many things from my other account within last 6 months e.g. Laptop,42"Plasma TV,High End Mobiles.

In some the products you will find Manufacturers Warranty & In some you will find Dealers Or Sellers Warranty.

Manufacturers Warranty - If you had some issues in your product you can get it repaired at any service center of the across india.

Dealer Warranty - All grey market products like lcd tv's with fake bill,fake chinese mobiles & replica of luxury brands.I saw many seller selling grey market products with dealer warranty.What is the sense of it.
Suppose you purchased a lcd tv with dealer warranty from mumbai seller & you live in jaipur.If something happens within 3-6 months what will you do you will send the tv weighting appx 40 kg to mumbai to get it repaired.
I saw a buyer in posts received a plasma tv in broken condition & item was in dealer warranty & now seller is asking 10,000 more to ship new.
eBay is allowing such seller to promote their grey market products on there homepage.

You should never buy a product on ebay with dealer warranty
Message 1 of 32
latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

Re: What Is Dealer Warranty????

maulik_bhojak
Community Member
I m lookin sony xperia ray..till now i have not purchased any item through online shoping...At ebay m wonder to know that some offering this product at 12000 Rs. while some at 16000 Rs. M really wonder that shoud i purhcased this at 12000 rs. at dealer warranty?? Actually my ques is can this product is genuine sony mobile or copy of it like chienese mobile?
Message 21 of 32
latest reply

maulik_bhojak
Community Member
I m lookin sony xperia ray..till now i have not purchased any item through online shoping...At ebay m wonder to know that some offering this product at 12000 Rs. while some at 16000 Rs. M really wonder that shoud i purhcased this at 12000 rs. at dealer warranty?? Actually my ques is can this product is genuine sony mobile or copy of it like chienese mobile?
Message 22 of 32
latest reply

pallabmax
Community Member
hi friends,
the main thing about dealer or manufacturer warranty is related to price of the product. if you think of warranty related issues then go for a product with manufacturer warranty. in May 2012 I have purchased one SONY ERICSSON XPERIA NEO V at 13,990.00 INR with dealer warranty. If I would bought the item with manufacturer warranty it would cost me INR 18000.00 so? difference of 4000 rupees. moreover the product is superb.
regards.
Message 23 of 32
latest reply

anshu_de
Community Member
I also was placing an order for Sony xperia Neo L.The price in offline stores here are around 18000 but on ebay it was around 13800. first i was happy to see that...haha:-)
But i saw the details of every low price phone, they all were giving seller warranty or someone is giving third party service with some service center.Not a single one was giving manufacturer warranty. Thank god i didn't place the order.

Guys please check every details before you buy any product, call the seller, ask him questions about the product,warranty,return policy. Only if you are satisfied then place order....Its your money, Be carefull....
Don't take your chances with SELLER WARRANTY. BUY PRODUCTS WITH MANUFACTURING WARRANTY.
Message 24 of 32
latest reply

laksha_12
Community Member
Good post. Think before buying any of Dealer warranty products.
Message 25 of 32
latest reply

rkkonakandla
Community Member
Hi Guys,

I would like to know if this is ok to have a dealers warranty, where in we need not to send the product to the dealer, instead we can inform the dealer for repair and the dealer inturn informs manufacturer to get repaired in the city where buyer lies...

Pl. suggest.. I have seen this for SAMSUNG 32" UA 32EH5000... whether can i go ahead for purchase?
Message 26 of 32
latest reply

rgsurolia
Community Member
Dear Friends
I need your help. I M from Mumbai, I purchased a Sony Experia Arc S mobile from a mumbai dealer. On the bill he mentioned "sellers of manufacturer warranty as specified". after three months there is a problem in & i contacted to seller, he repaired the same but after two days again the same problem came. my question is what should I do? I spoken the engineer & he told that its manufacturing defect. U pl guide me what I can take action. waiting for yr replay friends.
Message 27 of 32
latest reply

rgsurolia
Community Member
Dear Friends
I need your help. I M from Mumbai, I purchased a Sony Experia Arc S mobile from a mumbai dealer. On the bill he mentioned "sellers of manufacturer warranty as specified". after three months there is a problem in & i contacted to seller, he repaired the same but after two days again the same problem came. my question is what should I do? I spoken the engineer & he told that its manufacturing defect. U pl guide me what I can take action. waiting for yr replay friends.
Message 28 of 32
latest reply

Hi ppl,

I am puchasing an LED TV from eBay and they are providing 1 year dealer warranty.

I talked to Samsung customer care about this and, they told me if the product is mnufctured in India you always have  Samsung Warranty irrespective of it has been mentioned or not.

Even if only dealer warra

@sreeladdu5 wrote:
Hello Everyone..

For the past two days, I was struggling whether to buy Sony Ericson Neo V or not... Its showing 13k(dealers warranty) for one mobile and 18k(Manufacturer warranty) for another... I was getting confused with the warranty... Thanks for all of you for sharing your information...

@sreeladdu5 wrote:
Hello Everyone..

For the past two days, I was struggling whether to buy Sony Ericson Neo V or not... Its showing 13k(dealers warranty) for one mobile and 18k(Manufacturer warranty) for another... I was getting confused with the warranty... Thanks for all of you for sharing your information...

@sreeladdu5 wrote:
Hello Everyone..

nty is mention it would be covered under Samsung warranty given that the item has been manufactured in India.

For TV if the model/MPN number ends with LXL or MXL it is manufctured in India e.g if the MPN no of LED TV is UA32H4100ARLXL then it is manufctured in India and covered under Samsung 1 year warranty.

@sreeladdu5 wrote:
Hello Everyone..

@sreeladdu5 wrote:
Hello Everyone..

Message 29 of 32
latest reply

safalc
Community Member

Thank you Prakash for the information...

Its really very helpful.

Message 30 of 32
latest reply