What Is Dealer Warranty????

prakash_rathore
Community Member
All My Dear Friends,
I am buyer on eBay & purchased many things from my other account within last 6 months e.g. Laptop,42"Plasma TV,High End Mobiles.

In some the products you will find Manufacturers Warranty & In some you will find Dealers Or Sellers Warranty.

Manufacturers Warranty - If you had some issues in your product you can get it repaired at any service center of the across india.

Dealer Warranty - All grey market products like lcd tv's with fake bill,fake chinese mobiles & replica of luxury brands.I saw many seller selling grey market products with dealer warranty.What is the sense of it.
Suppose you purchased a lcd tv with dealer warranty from mumbai seller & you live in jaipur.If something happens within 3-6 months what will you do you will send the tv weighting appx 40 kg to mumbai to get it repaired.
I saw a buyer in posts received a plasma tv in broken condition & item was in dealer warranty & now seller is asking 10,000 more to ship new.
eBay is allowing such seller to promote their grey market products on there homepage.

You should never buy a product on ebay with dealer warranty
Message 1 of 32
latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

dealer warranty means buyer comes to dealer when he has problem with the item in warranty duration. dealer can repair/replace the item or can make partial refunds to buyer in case of item is not repairable.

i sent the item for repaire at my own cost if i feel problem to avail warranty from my supplier

dearler warranty. is a great satisfaction for the buyer. sometimes buyer comes to dealer again when they are not happy with service center responce. or feel difficulti to avail warraty. only dealer can help out in this.

i also offer dealer warranty on most of the our item. and have no problem with the buyer.
Message 11 of 32
latest reply

Dear Members,

Generally for seller warranty items seller offer two options.

•For smaller item by size like mobiles & cameras, buyers can send back the item to the seller. Seller will get it repaired or replace it with new one within warranty period.
•For bulky items shipping cost is high. In most of the cases seller will assist the buyer to get it repaired in the same city of buyer and claim reimbursement from the seller.

Buyer can check with the seller on warranty procedure before placing the order.

In case of any account related issues, you can contact our Customer Support through any of the following channels -

http://pages.ebay.in/paisapay/phone-support.html

Regards,
Seema
Message 12 of 32
latest reply

Seema,

Could you please tell me like in dealer warranty, VAT bill is compulsory?

Please let us know.

Thanks
Message 13 of 32
latest reply

bheemeshs
Community Member
I was about place the order for LCD..but now not willing to place the order because of Dealers warranty.. I need mfg warranty not dealer...
Message 14 of 32
latest reply

sahuraje
Community Member
I was about to buy SONY 32" BRAVIA 32EX520 FULL HD LED TV with dealers warranty.
Thanks for all valuable comments.
I will not buy it 🙂
Message 15 of 32
latest reply

anasrizvi
Community Member
i was thinking to buy Sony ericsson live with walkman thank GOD i didnt bought from ebay coz they were giving dealers warranty.
now i got to knw the diff b/w manufacturer and dealer warranty
Message 16 of 32
latest reply

dodyfordiana
Community Member
Hi friends ..thanks for all the info , this was an eye opener for me. I was also planning to buy the Sony CX 520, 40 inches from a seller offering dealer warranty but I wont now !
Message 17 of 32
latest reply

@prakash_rathore: You can report replica of luxury products to eBay. Its breaking the copyrights laws.

I also want to add one thing, Sellers warranty is also a type of satisfaction to the buyer that seller cares for your satisfaction. As mentioned by Sapana, yes you can send back the small items like Mobiles, Cameras in Seller warranty and send the item back to seller for repairs or replacement depending upon situation or problem

Research before you buy for 2 things:
1. Quality
2. Price Best Regards

SmartPhoneForEver

SmartPhoneForEver
Message 18 of 32
latest reply

gizmobhai
Community Member
Ppl think they r too smart... they r so perturbed to see "Dealer Warty" but why do they come to that listing at the first place.. cos its CHEAP.

So u gt a GREY MKT product at GREY MKT PRICES but with a NECK TO SLASH(seller) in case something goes wrong...

Pay more, buy genuine warranty items. if u r doing this, u wont even be commenting here.

btw, i never sold an item with seller warranty or grey mkt item.. but it perturbs me to see so many showing ignorance when they know in their heart of heart that the prices r too gud to be true
Message 19 of 32
latest reply

sreeladdu5
Community Member
Hello Everyone..

For the past two days, I was struggling whether to buy Sony Ericson Neo V or not... Its showing 13k(dealers warranty) for one mobile and 18k(Manufacturer warranty) for another... I was getting confused with the warranty... Thanks for all of you for sharing your information...
Message 20 of 32
latest reply