Removal of feedback/comments.

pushkar.k
Community Member
The feedback from the members who are no longer registered with ebay should be removed by ebay.
Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

emailswarup
Community Member
Hi,
I dont think this is good because there are many high rating members who have stopped operating but that doesnt mean that the feedbacks become valueless. In our history books we still read the comments from personalities of centuries back. A comment doesnt become irrelevant unless its prooved that the member was a fraud or misutilising the facility.

On contrary I think we should be allowed to put feedbacks to the members profile for which we have our feedback pending but the registration has been suspended. This will help some genuine member in suspension and may prevent some fraudulent ones to get rid of suspension. I really wish to put an excellent +ve feedback for a member whose registration is currently not valid. He has sent me 2 excellent products and a superb surprise gift. Had it been possible for me to put a feedback for him, he would have used that. Also I know somebody who is very happy with the service of this member but due to the suspension she is not able to put the fedback and most important she would have appreciated the feedback from this seller to increase her small rating - a step further to acquire her first star.
Suppose if you get your first star with 10 ratings and then suddenly one of the member who have rated you +ve get de-registered, then you will loose your hard earned first star. Would you like that ?
Regards
Swarup Dutta
Best Regards 😄
Swarup
Kolkata

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

pushkar.k
Community Member
Hey Swarup, I certainly agree with your view. I was forgetting the "biggest disadvantage" of losing +ve rating. 😮
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

goldendeals_in1
Community Member
Hai Swarup, What does one do with buyers who commit to buy and then don't buy and still give a negative feed back. That too by members who have less than three positives. Surprisingly ebayin has counted that negative and reduced my positive ratings. Could U give a solution please?
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

rohit@ebay.com
Community Member
Hello goldendeals_in1,

We will shortly be making a change to the Feedback System wherein we will be neutralizing the feedback left by users who do not participate in the Unpaid Item Process. We hope that this will help in cases such as you have pointed out.
Regards,
Rohit,
Community Development Team

Thanks and Regards,
Rohit,
Buyer Engagement Team
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

emailswarup
Community Member
Hi,

It will be a welcome change if the feedbacks for all unpaid / not received items are removed from only the seller / buyer side who is not faulty. In addition the buyer or seller who has not paid / delivered and also not participated / communicated in the dispute console process must get an additional -ve feedback from ebay for non-cooperation in ebay process, which everybody can view in their profile.

Also you may try out one suggestion. After every 10 or 20 ratings allow the members to rate their best & worst (if any) seller / buyer among those he has dealt with. As we generally give +ve ratings for all deals, except for unavoidable circumstances, hence there is no way to show extra gratitude to the better ones among them. Introduction of this additional rating will allow us to select the best. This may be called something like Fame / Defame points and count say +/- 5 ratings each for determining the Star type (color/ shooting etc.). A separate table in the member profile should display these say Fame / Defame feedbacks. Thus the bad ones will get extra -ve feedback whereas the better ones extra positive thus encouraging members to perform better. This system will not allow us to rate everybody the same, as we shall be compelled to choose 1 among say 10 / 20.

Many members do not just put feedbacks. To make them adhere to this simple ebay policy a simple process can be effective. If someone do not put feedback for a completed deal even after 60days (except for non-existing members) then the member should receive one caution notice from ebay. If not responded within a month, ebay can put say 1% extra charge on the next deal of this member.

Hope other members & ebay will find some suggestions useful. I accept even sternest criticism cordially !!!!

Regards
Swarup Dutta
Best Regards 😄
Swarup
Kolkata

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

rohit@ebay.com
Community Member
Hello emailswarup,

Thank you for your detailed post regarding the Feedback system. You have provided some interesting suggestions. One of our concern areas is that many users are not leaving feedback for their trading partners. And I am looking at ways in which we can do so.

However, I am unsure of penalizing users who do not leave feedback. We are still at a nascent stage of the e-commerce market, and our focus is on acquiring more and more users. So we would not be keen on introducing any penalties at this stage.

Would love to have your / other members views on this topic.
Regards,
Rohit,
Community Development Team

Thanks and Regards,
Rohit,
Buyer Engagement Team
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

chixaov
Community Member
We are concerned about feedbacks from members who are no longer registered. However, there is another side to the coin too. I had transacted with a new member and the deal went off smoothly. He paid me on time and we exchanged positive feedback. However, he has now been suspended and my positive feedback revoked. I am not happy with this. Why should I lose my positive feedback?
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

emailswarup
Community Member
Hi,

Most of the sellers and even some buyers complain about non-receipt of feedback at the completion of the deals. I suggest that in the following two circumstances, ebay should arrange to put identical Automatic +ve feedback mentioning something like (say) Automatic +ve feedback

1. If either of the seller or buyer has put a +ve feedback for a deal and the other one has not put any feedback within (say) 90days from the end of the deal or (say) 60 days from the date of feedback given by one of the two participating members of the deal, which ever is later.
2. In case of a member being suspended / who has ended membership, all his participating members who has already paid but not recd any feedback within (say) 90 days from the end of the deal or (say) 30 days from the date of suspension, whichever is later.

Before putting such auto +ve feedback, ebay can give the member a notice of (say) 15 days for comments and mentioning that the feedback will be posted automatically unless put on own.
This will not only help the sellers who miss a lot of feedbacks mainly from the stray new members but will also help those who have completed deals but has not recd a feedback as the other member has been de-registered / suspended.

Ebay should also allow members to put their feedbacks for those members whose registration is currently not valid. Many +ve FBs even after de-registration would mean that those members awaiting delivery / payment from the de-registered member have less to worry. Whereas too many -ve feedbacks flooding on will mean the member may be involved in fraud activities and ebay & other members dealing with him can take necessary extra pre-cautions.

Thrice in my 3 months membership, I recd items from members who were de-registered at that time. All were nice. Had I been able to put my +ve FB at that very moment, it could have consoled many other worried buyers like me.

Also when some member is deregistered, ebay should mention the date of de-registration in the ID History and put a re-registration date on revival of the account.

Best Regards
Swarup Dutta Best Regards
Swarup Dutta
ID : emailswarup
Best Regards 😄
Swarup
Kolkata

Message 9 of 9
latest reply