cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Product and Fees Changes on eBay.in..Sellers - Happy or Unhappy?

touch_and_shine
Community Member

Well I was
going through this announcement where I have seen various changes have done. But
when I saw Ebay wants Gallery and Listing Designer as chargeable I was really
unhappy. My fellow sellers what are your views about this ? R u Happy or Unhappy
? Do you think Gallery and Listing Designer need to be feesable to us ? My
views about Gallery And Listing Designer :

"UNHAPPY"

Reason : If
a seller is selling 2000 products will he choose gallery and listing designer on
1st April ? Answer is NO. Sales will go down. Fake buyers are in bulk in India.
Buyers are not in bulk and quantity of good buyers is very low.

I need my fellow
sellers views too. Plz reply to this thread with your views specifying the
reason . This change will be effective from 1st April,2006. Ebay - R u making
our April fool or what:-(:_|X-( ??

http://search.ebay.in/_W0QQsassZtouchQ5fandQ5fshine

Message 1 of 122
latest reply
121 REPLIES 121

emailswarup
Community Member
Hi,
I returned to the board after a long time and surprised to see that this discussion is still inconclusive.

Hope somebody from eBay India management will consider it prudent to have a look at this whole discussion containing scores of justified opinions and several alternative suggestions. Some body from eBay.in should put some reply to conclude this.

Let's see whether the management chooses to be rigid , egoistic and uncaring for its dissappointed members or be a bit flexible and ready to do some alteration to please all !!
. Best Regards ๐Ÿ˜„
Swarup Dutta
Kolkata
Best Regards ๐Ÿ˜„
Swarup
Kolkata

Message 91 of 122
latest reply

Dear eBay,
Will you update with the final decision?

Thanks and Regards,
Deep Agarwal. http://www.geocities.com/shree_krishna_gems1/Ebay_Images/BestskgKKK_Small.jpg
Message 92 of 122
latest reply

emailswarup
Community Member
Hi Deep,

I think the most likely updated decision will be that eBay will retain its earlier decision in toto. Still its better to hope for the best and be prepared for the worst as we wait for that final announcement, if any !!

. Best Regards ๐Ÿ˜„
Swarup Dutta
Kolkata
Best Regards ๐Ÿ˜„
Swarup
Kolkata

Message 93 of 122
latest reply

touch_and_shine
Community Member
Well!! Everyone is waiting here for Ebay's final decision. So I request Sapana or any other pink to just update us with the decision.

http://search.ebay.in/_W0QQsassZtouchQ5fandQ5fshine

Message 94 of 122
latest reply

snrama
Community Member
Hi Priety (touch_and_shine),

10 days to go! some of the sellers already started listing without Gallery.

No final reply from Sapna or any other eBay team.

I think there will be no changes or relook in the annoncement.

We all expect non-quality listings from various sellers now on. ---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) ๐Ÿ˜‰
---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) ๐Ÿ˜‰
Message 95 of 122
latest reply

rishabh_iitk2001
Community Member
Hi all,
I am a small seller and i think this would help in reducing the number of useless listing which are present on the ebay website. I already do not use the gallary feature but I do not like the habbit of some sellers listing the same item everyday. If it is a auction item then one might understand but the item's listed are buy it now format.
Even if this removes 10% of the useless listing's then also ebay site would become much more faster which would result in better user experience.
I think charging for listing designer is not good. This would not result in bad experience for the user because new seller tend to avoid any kind of fees. I hope ebay team reconsider it's decision.
This is my personal view.
Cheers, ๐Ÿ™‚

Rishabh
Message 96 of 122
latest reply

indconcepts
Community Member

No change in Gallery & Listing Designer Fee.

You may visit General Announcement for details...
http://www2.ebay.com/aw/in/200603241441342.html

Gallery - This feature, which displays a thumbnail image of your product next to the listing, will be charged at 25 paise per listing from no fees currently. Formats Included - Auction, Fixed Price & Ad Format. Store Inventory Format is excluded.

Listing Designer - This feature, which enhances the visual appeal & provides the right ambience to your listing, will be charged at 20 paise per listing from no Fees currently. Formats Included - Auction, Fixed Price & Ad Format. Store Inventory Format is excluded.

Umang Midha .

IndConcepts logo7

http://stores.ebay.in/IndConcepts

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7
Message 97 of 122
latest reply

snrama
Community Member
:O ---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) ๐Ÿ˜‰
---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) ๐Ÿ˜‰
Message 98 of 122
latest reply

amitadhiya
Community Member
Dear ALL,

Well I was REALLY SHOCKED to know about the proposed changes. I don't need to mention any further or elaborate how this will pinch our pockets more than the possible benefits of using it b'coz many of you have already highlighted on it.

touch_and_shine / kaya / snrama and the others have really understood the implications being experienced users and have tried to draw home the universale point that in a normal (still free) listing of 7 days, SELLERS DO NOT KNOW WHAT A BUYER WOULD BE SEARCHING in that particular week.

So even if (for a while) we keep aside the problem of fake / fun / bogus buyers-bidders, it is not sensible to keep on paying the proposed fees for the whole inventory that the seller wishes to list and get sales on only 5-10% of the total listings.

Consider this point sensibly: This platform is to bring the buyers and sellers closer. WHAT DOES THIS MEAN? This means that buyers can log in to our esteemed ?:| site to search for what they want. They key in a search phrase to get a result page of sellers stocking/selling that items. Now the sellers do not know what somebody is going to search for. Hence they have to list everything that they want displayed in the search result of any buyer at any given time. I hope you are getting me...

So the items which are not searched for (not desired by anybody in that week) will end without sales and will be charged. This charge either has to be borne by the seller (that's why they are complaining) OR has to be passed on to the item price on subsequent listings making it costlier than the brick & mortar world's actual market price (that's why they are complaining).

If buyers knew that to buy cream, I have to straightaway look in this particular user's eBay store, and to buy gems or mobile (or for that matter anything) I should be looking in that particular member's store, then perhaps, those sellers (who would have created a distinct identity as regards their inventory) would not require to list items with the features. Or eBay can think of coming out with a 15-day gallery charged listing and continue the existing 7-day gallery free listing with images.

But that is not the case in India. Not that we Indians are illiterate or uneducated. Just that internet penetration / lack of knowledge on e-commerce (eBay in particular) are some facts that render our site www.ebay.in immature. We all together (site administrators, buyers, sellers) need to see these teething years through without imposing too many changes especially ones that matter monetarily as that would straightaway mean in reductions in sale b'coz more than half (a very conservative number) users would prefer to stay away from the changes.

All said and done, if eBay is not going to decide against these changes, I'm sure listing charges are not too far away (eBay and even Baazee in the past had proved themselves money-oriented). I'll not be surprised if they start charging us for logging in our accounts.:_|

Regards
Amit Adhiya
Message 99 of 122
latest reply

touch_and_shine
Community Member
Message 100 of 122
latest reply