cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Open House with Rajasekaran Gnanamoorthy, Category Head: Technology

Dear Members,

We are pleased to announce the next session of our Open House Program, where users get an opportunity to chat with the eBay India Team.

Join Rajasekaran Gnanamoorthy, Category Head: Technology for an online discussion on selling in the technology category. We look forward to your suggestions for further improving our seller experience, and answer your eBay related questions on understanding & scaling your business in any of the tech categories during the Open House discussion.

Raj will be available on this thread on Thursday, 5th May 2011 from 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM IST, for an interactive discussion with our community members.

You can submit your questions before or during the event by making a post on this thread.

See you on the 5th at 4:00 PM!

Regards,
The eBay Team
Message 1 of 45
latest reply
44 REPLIES 44

greatpaintings
Community Member
Dear Raj,

eBay is very much Buyer friendly, and to the extent that sellers get penalized and punished for simple faults like, Shipment delay, Refunded money, inexperienced buyer faults, etc.

I propose just as a suggestion to also include -ve feedback options for Buyer also, so that in case of a cunning buyers, non-paying bidders, sellers remain aware, and refrain from doing business with such a buyer.

My experience was:
I sold one used mobile phone, and made a 7 days return policy, the buyer didn't click on item receipt on the day he receives the item instead does that 10 days later also claiming a fake-battery claim. I had to refund him his money.

A man from Bijapur, Karnataka bids on an item and also pays for the item, though I mentioned in the listing to call before paying he didn't call before paying. My shipping agent couldn't have any service done to that place, and the buyer threatened to leave -ve feedback if I couldn't deliver.

Bidders keep on bidding but refrain from paying at the time of payment citing various reasons.

A man buys one phone and I couldn't ship him so I refunded him in only 2 days after his payment due to non-availability, but he leaves a -ve feedback on realisation of his money.

I want the feedback system to be more articulate, and seller friendly, as only being seller friendly sales can rise, and variety of products can be listed, I normally now refrain from selling most used phones on eBay.
Message 11 of 45
latest reply

lcradealz2011
Community Member
Hello Mr Sameer Yadav

This email I am writing to you because I have been informed by ebay customer support

billing excecutive that you are the client of ebay and they are they ebay staff call from ebay. Its very strange for me to understand that a company excecutive is not having a rights to grant credit under ebay policy but a client has a right approved it.

Please help me to understand this a lady from the billing told me that she cannot

grant me the listing fee credit as the right is only with client Mr Sammer Yadav who is

ebay's client.

Ideally a seller or buyer would be client. So I am confused about who they are referring to. Plus when I asked her to explain me what she want to say she got angyry and hung up the call. My ebay id lcradealz and My name is Mr A Shankar.

The issue si I am a new seller on ebay and I was guided to use Turbo lister. While creating a listing some of the features got auto selected and we had not selected them manually. Hence after speaking to customer support we ended the listing and mailed for the credit reqeuest. Till date its not granted.

I request you to please grant the credit for the same.Also please improve the quality of customer service as they cannot hung up the call if they are not able to explain me.
Message 12 of 45
latest reply

highskyindia
Community Member
Dear Rajasekaran,
I have not received my PP Cash on Delivery remittances for the following PP ids , please take a note that they are pending since Jan 2011... its almost 5 months now.
I request you to please give us our hard earned money as soon as possible as we urgently need it

PaisaPay ID 28521867272 15th feb

PaisaPay ID 28383733550 Jan 24

Akash
Message 13 of 45
latest reply

skabd
Community Member
Dear Sir,

My name is Santosh Kapoor and my id skabd.I have recently posted some of my companies aloe vera products. I have recd confirmation from you that your posting have been confirmed but neither these products are available in search nor there is a single number of unit got sold.Pl help me.

Santosh Kapoor
Message 14 of 45
latest reply

lcradealz2011
Community Member
Hello,

My issue has been addressed by Mr Milind who is am account manger I appreciate his efforst.

But the Customer support team is very bad because firstly they lack of knowledge both ebay process and the vocab.

I was expecting Mr Sameer Yadav to look into it as was very keen to know this client of ebay's who has so much of hold.

Also I had asked for my trading limit issue to trust and safety team and they addressed me for my selling limit. Plus the reply they sent had no resolution. Please see the reply from trust and safety given below by Mr Kripesh das.

Hello,

Thank you for writing to back eBay. This is Kripesh again and I would be
assisting you with the information regarding selling limit in your
account.

We occasionally place selling limits on member's accounts to maintain a
safe trading environment on eBay. After receiving your email, however,
we reviewed your account and decided to keep the selling limits
currently in place.

At this time, you won't be able to list additional items. However, the
limit on your account is temporary, and it won't negatively reflect your
selling record or account standing with eBay.

Before you list any additional items on eBay, please allow enough time
to complete your current listings

Your understanding on this important matter is highly appreciated.

I am sure this is not the kind of customer support standards what ebay should have after been a global company.

Regards,
Kripesh D.
eBay India Trust and Safety Team
Message 15 of 45
latest reply

1975gitu
Community Member
My account is suspended due to name similarity.I wrote three times to EBAY trust and sefety team asking the way to reinstate my account but all three times they mail me similarly, (Your account was found to have the same or similar contact information,
such as: address, telephone number, name, etc. as the account that you
were found to be associated with. Due to privacy concerns, we cannot
give out the actual address, phone number, name, etc. that was found to
be the same or similar.) Why they act like robot.
Message 16 of 45
latest reply

Rajasekaran

I'm frustrated - calling ebay talking to Pawan, Nazneen, Sunny, if you dig into my account & you will findout - eBay is keeping my money from JAN 2011, Why should eBay not credit back the extra funds funds collected from the card.

if you cannot help to get the money back to my card - you acknowledge that i can go to Court of law for recovery. Such a shame
Message 17 of 45
latest reply

rajeswariketti123
Community Member
Hello,

Being a regular buyer from Ebay.in, I do not see any discount vouchers coming my way.
Only first time, you give very Attractive Discount vouchers, but later, we get only 5% or 10% vouchers.

You should also give us Flat Discount vouchers for regular users, who can buy items more easily.

Like, Flat 250 rupees (or) Flat 500 rupees vouchers.
You should give us such voouchers, so that we will be indirectly forced to buy some items
Message 18 of 45
latest reply

We recently saw the new Feedback Removal Policy designed to safeguard sellers against those instances which are beyond sellerโ€™s control.

The first policy has the following condition for feedback removal as stated below i.e.

โ€œ- Negative or neutral feedback left by the buyer, for technical defect in the product which is covered under valid manufacturerโ€™s warranty / guaranty and where seller has provided the item warranty card/VAT inclusive invoice which is required by the buyer to avail such warranty/ guarantee from the manufacturer/supplier as the case may beโ€

As one of our earlier neutral feedback was of same category so while hoping for its removal, we sent mail to eBay customer care in this regard.

To brief the case, the buyer bought a branded product and it was supplied in sealed pack condition with bill & national warranty. The buyer left the feedback i.e. โ€œThis has stopped working in 2 days, Now this is useless for me.โ€

To our request, the eBay customer care reverted to us that buyer problem is still not solved so the feedback can not be removed. We called the buyer to inquire about the problem then he told us the he is not willing to go the service centre or send the product back to us as it is small value item so to solve his problem, we sent another new piece to him without asking for return of old item and requested the customer care for removal of feedback with POD of delivery as we had supplied to buyer two products for the price of one and the buyer also agreed to us over phone for removal of feedback but then we have been told by eBay customer care that they now need the buyer to post a follow up comment so as to enable them to remove the feedback.

Now, we would like to ask that when we had already made our request under compliance with new feedback policy by sending the buyer sealed product with bill & national warranty then, do we still need to arrange for buyer transportation to service centre or pickup & delivery of product from buyer end or to supply extra piece and then request him again & again to leave follow-up comment so that feedback can be removed finally?

Same was the case of second revised policy which has the following condition for feedback removal as stated below i.e.

โ€œ- Negative or neutral feedback left by the buyer, due to delay in item delivery which was caused by circumstances beyond the sellerโ€™s control such as bad weather conditions, natural calamity, change in Government rules / policies, strikes etc.โ€

As one of our negative feedback was of same category so while hoping for its removal, we sent mail to eBay customer care in this regard.

To brief the case, the buyer bought a product and it was dispatched within 24 hours of order. After 10-12 days the buyer left the negative feedback i.e.โ€ I'm waiting for web camera i ordered still now i'm not receivedโ€. We then inquired with courier people to find out that his address given by him was incomplete and thus they were having problem locating his address. Thus we spoke to buyer in tele-conferencing with courier people to help them locate his exact address and his product was delivered subsequently.

The buyer was happy thereafter and also agreed to us over phone to remove his feedback. Thereafter, we send email to eBay customer care with the proof showing the โ€œBad Address / Address not found โ€œ written on courier company website and requested them to remove it as it was not in our control, if the buyer writes his incomplete address but they have replied to us that they need a follow-up comment from the buyer to remove the feedback or we need to appeal in CRF where getting a feedback removed now-a-days is almost a miracle. Due to this reason, we now have to send extra items to buyer to convince them for feedback removal irrespective of whatever be our eBay listing policies.

Our both buyers were new so they are not able to leave follow-up comments in-spite of our detailed instruction mails to them and with the limited no of feedback revision requests, we can not use them with each & every such buyer. In the past also, we had explained to many new buyer repeated by email and then over phone about how to leave follow-up comments.

We would therefore like to know that in-spite of after having the revised policy in place, do we still need a follow-up comment from buyer in any case for feedback removal?

P.S.: We are facing similar problem with other cases also but they are not worth discussing till our previous genuine requests gets considered. Also, it is now very common these days to receive feedback threats from buyers by phone / email (proofs can be submitted, if required) while forcing us for immediate dispatch / delivery, refund for wrong purchases made by them, refuse to accept the product if the courier company asks for octroi, refund for product damaged by them after receipt, compensation for their product and return courier cost and / or when they ignore the product details before ordering as already described in eBay listing and later asks for refund or leave neutral / negative feedback for no fault of us.

We therefore hope that eBay would do the needful to further improve the โ€œseller experienceโ€.
-------
Expect the best.

-------
Expect the best.
Message 19 of 45
latest reply

Respected Sir, Rajeev here from Rajelectroniks,

Sir, I wish to draw your attention to a issue which is happening very regularly on ebay and that is the non-functioning of Paispay gateway. It happens to be down on a very regular basis and buyers are unable to make payment. I wish that you would look into this matter seriously so that the downtime is reduced. Also this does not speak good of the back office systems maintained by ebay, almost no other online portal seems to have payment gateway downtime problems on such a regular basis as ebay does. Kindly look into this matter.
Thank You
StopandShop
Message 20 of 45
latest reply