cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Open House for understanding Return Shipping Process

Dear members,

We will be conducting an Open House on Wednesday, June 29, 2011 between 4 pm and 5 pm to answer your queries on the Return Shipping Process.

Please post your comments and queries on this thread.

See you on Wednesday!

Regards,
eBay Team
Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Hi,

Good scheme implemented by ebay,

Please explain the return process from the buyers and sellers point of view. Thanks
StopandShop
Message 2 of 26
latest reply

We have following queries in this regard i.e.

1. Whether the pickups would also be done from those area codes where AFL has third party tie-ups or no service? If not then, how the pickup would be arranged in such cases?

2. How the pickup would be done, if the buyer is not responding to email and his contact no is also wrong? Would eBay further assist sellers in this manner?

3. What is the procedure to give pickup call to eBay by the buyer or seller?

4. Who would be responsible, if the item gets damaged by Courier Company in return shipping?

5. Will eBay be providing both type of reverse pickup from buyer to seller and then from seller to buyer or does the eBay part include pickup from buyer side only?

Some of our buyers are asking replacements from us for manufacturer all India national warranty items. We would like to know that whether eBay would be arranging pickups for such calls also or advising buyers to approach their nearest manufacturerโ€™s service centres for the rectification of their problems.

If the pickup for such calls is also to be done then, can we post the details in this thread for the needful?
-------
Expect the best.

-------
Expect the best.
Message 3 of 26
latest reply

dealer1703
Community Member
Hi,

Who would be responsible for payment of freight charged of courier company.

Gurantee undertaken by Ebay or Courier for non philferage of material.
Message 4 of 26
latest reply

dealer1703
Community Member
Hi,

I deal with Stamps, Coins and banknotes.

All Courier companies do not carry this item as it is restricted in their System.

Now how will return happen for such items.
Message 5 of 26
latest reply

Hi,

What if buyer sends empty box in well packing because recently I faced such issue. Many courier companies not allow to open parcel before signing on POD. So if we sign POD and then we get empty box then who will take responsibility?

Thanks
Vilas
Message 6 of 26
latest reply

trust.deals
Community Member
Hello,

eBay has taken a nice step which will reduce shipping problem between buyer and sellers.

I have used AFL courier in the past. It is only good for low value items and documents.

They have a high rate of lost in transit / misroute problems. Secondly they are slow in delivery.

What if any high value item is lost or stolen in transit. Will eBay cover the loss for buyer or seller as shipping responsibility will now be on eBay.

I think eBay should tie up with a reputed courier like bluedart specially for high value items.

Regards
Shuaib
Message 7 of 26
latest reply

Dear Members,

I'm Huzaffa from the PaisaPay team and I'm here to address any open questions that you might have on the return shipping process launched by eBay.

Regards
Huzaffa.
Message 8 of 26
latest reply

Dear rajelectroniks,

This is how the return process would work.

In case the buyer is not satisfied with the item, post investigation - we would check if the buyers and sellers pincode is serviceable.

If yes, our designated courier AFL would get in touch with the buyer for picking up the item and delivering it to the sellerโ€™s location.

Regards
Huzaffa
Message 9 of 26
latest reply

Dear tccindia,

Here are the answers to your questions

1)Areas where AFL does not have any service, the buyer would need to courier the item back to the seller for which he would get the reimbursement of the courier charges.

2)The refund to the buyer would only happen once he provides a Proof of dispatch to eBay. So in cases where eBay is unable to establish any contact with the buyer, the refund will not be initiated.

3)Buyer has to contact eBay in case he is not satisfied with the item post which we would start our investigation process. The courier company will then get in touch with the buyer if the case is eligible for pick up.

4)In case the item is damaged by the courier company for return shipment, eBay would be responsible.

5)Currently, there is no reverse shipment facility from seller to buyer.

To your last question, we do advise our buyers to get in touch with the service centre for items that have manufacturer warranty.

Trust this answers all your queries. Please feel free to get in touch with our customer support team in case of any queries.

Regards,
Huzaffa
Message 10 of 26
latest reply